SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Drudge page memos tracked to Texas Kinkos? WTH?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 9, 10, 11  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt
View previous topic :: View next topic  
kennyd1165
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Thu Sep 16, 2004 4:49 am    Post subject: Attorney running for supreme court Reply with quote

Burkett's attorney is running for the Texas Supreme Court. That isn't some low level democrat. That is one of the more powerful democrats in Texas. Burkett has supported his attorney Van Os for quite awhile. Van Os once ran for Chairman of the Texas Democratic Party. Guess who was sending emails in support of him... Bill Burkett. Here is a link to one of the emails wher Burkett confesses to being a Democrat...

http://www.geocities.com/stoutdem/bb525.html

Plus, here is an endorsement of him by Burkett in the present election for supreme Court:

http://www.geocities.com/stoutdem/bb525.html

(go near the bottom of the page... long endorsement.)

Plus the following:

“It is a great honor to receive the endorsement of Governor Howard Dean" said Van Os. "Governor Dean represents the voice of millions of ordinary Americans and Texans who want to take their government back from the special interests in every branch and at every level of government. This endorsement is a huge boost to my campaign to restore the courts of Texas to the ownership of the people of Texas."

“This year the race for the presidency is unbelievably important,” Gov. Dean said. “Beside our efforts to evict George W. Bush from the White House, we must expand the base of the Democratic Party by competing in tough races across the nation. This group of candidates represents the future leaders of our country.”
mr_mechanical
Lt.Jg.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 16, 2004 4:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

How do we request that the local FBI office launch a quick investigation so they can take action to "preserve" a potential Kinkos crime scene?
lrb111
Captain

PostPosted: Thu Sep 16, 2004 4:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Debs wrote:
I keep wondering why CBS and Rather would cover for a loon like Burkett - wonder who the Kerry campaign operatives are here in Texas. Also Rather's daughter lives here in Texas somewhere and didn't she have connections to Barnes? Another Texan who has been ruthless in his pursuit of Bush's guard records over the years - Paul Begala. The Kerry link? Just a thought. Wink

Debbie

That would be Robin Rather, who was thinkiing about a run at Mayor in Austin. Close with Ben Barnes and the Travis County crew. She's the one that arranged for her dad to give the Dem Fund raiser speech in 98 (?)

All this is cinching up pretty tight.
cipher
Vice Admiral

PostPosted: Thu Sep 16, 2004 5:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
How do we request that the local FBI office launch a quick investigation so they can take action to "preserve" a potential Kinkos crime scene?

Beats me how to do it in a timely fashion. I was hoping a lawyer or cop online might have a clue.

The FBI webpage has a cybercrime reporting unit, but I have the oddest feeling that time is of the essence.
Defense contractor for US Navy, SSPO, SP-20, SP-24, OP-12 84-92
Badabing
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Thu Sep 16, 2004 5:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It is obvious to us all that whoever forged those documents did a very poor job. They're probably just as careless with their coverup. The suspense is killing me. That Kinkos is the key to connecting the dots.
CandiM
LCDR

PostPosted: Thu Sep 16, 2004 5:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I kinda doubt that the documents themselves were made at Kinkos--It would require time.......and a degree of privacy.......to 'age' them the way they were--Not to mention affixing the signatures--Those things wouldn't have been done in a public place--So, unless one is willing to believe that Rather/CBS News was actually involved in producing the forged documents, that premise doesn't really hold water--And even I can't get to that--Not yet, anyway--C
lrb111
Captain

PostPosted: Thu Sep 16, 2004 5:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

cipher wrote:
Quote:

Beats me how to do it in a timely fashion. I was hoping a lawyer or cop online might have a clue.

The FBI webpage has a cybercrime reporting unit, but I have the oddest feeling that time is of the essence.

Well, as was noted, he has an account. Smile That means Kinko's keeps a record of his faxes and the phone numbers for billing. He gets mailed a copy and Kinko's has their's. More than likely(almost certainly that info is sent on to their main billing office, (modem). Daily or so. Most are daily, for security of data.

The short of it,, the stuff is in their system and backed up on a tape or raid HD system by now. Mr. Green
GenrXr
Master Chief Petty Officer of the Navy

PostPosted: Thu Sep 16, 2004 5:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Badabing wrote:
It is obvious to us all that whoever forged those documents did a very poor job. They're probably just as careless with their coverup. The suspense is killing me. That Kinkos is the key to connecting the dots.

Did a poor job? The main stream news has been lying to americans for decades. Go look at the book 'Stolen Valor' and how they exposed Dan Rathers first attempt at propping up fools as war heros. I am sick of the MSM getting away with criminal activity. Our founding fathers granted free speech but not the right to lie to the masses. Our founding fathers could not stand journalists and thought of them as cockroaches, but knew in the end they would have to be a balance for the 3 branch republic. What we are seeing with CBS right now is our founding fathers worst fears. A news organization bent on bringing down one of the 3 branches of government. I expect the FBI to investigate and put in prison Rather and his ship of fools.

Last edited by GenrXr on Thu Sep 16, 2004 5:16 am; edited 1 time in total
Skywatch
Ensign

PostPosted: Thu Sep 16, 2004 5:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I dunno... I could easily see how it could be accomplished at my local Kinkos. Nevertheless, why would you have an open account at Kinkos unless you were a regular customer who availed themselves of the more expensive services there? It may not be a slam-dunk but it's not a real long stretch either.
the0point
Lt.Jg.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 16, 2004 5:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Whether the computer in Kinko's was used or it was a personal computer, it would have remnents of the memo on it. Forensic software could find it. And that's FBI territory.
DaveL
Commander

PostPosted: Thu Sep 16, 2004 5:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

NYT names Burkett as well...

http://www.nytimes.com/2004/09/16/politics/16burkett.html?ex=1095998400&en=2e5fd563e5d3bdbc&ei=5006&partner=ALTAVISTA1
MikeM
Ensign

PostPosted: Thu Sep 16, 2004 5:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Despite all this rabid feeding frenzy...don't lose sight of the possibility that this entire episode is a setup. Employ the same scepticism to this new "evidence" as you did to the original SeeBS memos.

Be fair, be sceptical, be thorough, as I'm sure you would ask of any honest journalist.

I'm still not convinced this came from the DNC.....
Aristotle The Hun
PO1

PostPosted: Thu Sep 16, 2004 5:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

MikeM wrote:
Despite all this rabid feeding frenzy...don't lose sight of the possibility that this entire episode is a setup. Employ the same scepticism to this new "evidence" as you did to the original SeeBS memos.

Be fair, be sceptical, be thorough, as I'm sure you would ask of any honest journalist.

I'm still not convinced this came from the DNC.....

More likely Texas Democrats than DNC IMHO

Sam
Spiess
Lieutenant

PostPosted: Thu Sep 16, 2004 5:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

mr_mechanical wrote:

Write your Congressman! Write your senator!

I would pose the request that since the Public is the victim We have a right to know Specifically all the facts
CandiM
LCDR

PostPosted: Thu Sep 16, 2004 5:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yep--And while we all need to keep our enthusiasm up, we need to be realistic and not get too far ahead of ourselves--While people have come together to uncover some interesting scenarios in a very short period of time, there's no way on Earth that anyone's going to get access to Kinko's records or hard drives or get a store locked-down based on this--The mere fact that this man has DNC connections and has an account at a printing store nearby his Texas home is, IMO, a long way from sufficient evidence to get a judge to issue any kind of a warrant for anything--

I think it's safe to say that lots of folks in significant positions are monitoring lots of boards and blogs all over the 'Net collecting bits and pieces of speculation from here and there--One of them will put enough together to make a case--Seems to me that our job would be to just keep throwing out ideas and following information around and making connections and let the pros make the case--C
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 9, 10, 11  Next
Page 6 of 11

Jump to: