SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

A CALL TO PRAYER
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 18, 19, 20  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Fort Campbell
Vice Admiral

PostPosted: Sat Oct 16, 2004 12:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the encouraging news abour Ohio. Razz What a blessing that would be if Bush could carry Ohio.

Dear Heavenly Father, I Thank You For President Bush And All That He Stands For. No One Better Can Fill The Shoes Of A President Than One Who Prays To You Daily For Your Guidance And Wisdom And Strength. Please Surround Him With Your Ministering Angels And With Godly And Upright Advisors. Give Him Your Spirit Of Wisdom And Continue To Hedge Him In On Every Side From The Ploys Of The Enemy. Keep Him Under The Shadow Of Your Wing And Protect Him On Every Side.

In The Name Of The Father And The Son And The Holy Ghost,

AMEN
homesteader
PO3

PostPosted: Sat Oct 16, 2004 1:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

In addition to all the prayer requests already mentioned in this thread, I am adding.......

54/55/320

54%/55 Senators/320 electoral votes

Be bold. Be specific.
momofthreegirls
Seaman

PostPosted: Sat Oct 16, 2004 7:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have faith that all will be well, but I am continuing to pray. My minister when I was growing up said that our job was to plant a seed, and that it was up to God to provide the rain and sun. We are planting seeds and praying for the rain and sun to make them take root and grow. It is like the parable of the seeds where some are taken away by birds, some fall on rocky ground and they grow but their roots are shallow and they wither and die, some grow but are choked by weeds, but the ones that grow bear much fruit. Keep up the wonderful prayers!!!

"How long will you simple ones love your simple ways? How long will mockers delight in mockery and fools hate knowledge?"--Proverbs 1:22

"For the Lord gives wisdom, and from His mouth come knowledge and understanding. He holds victory in store for the upright, He is a shield to those whose walk is blameless, for He guards the course of the just and protects the way of His faithful ones." Proverbs 2:6-8
twicearound
PO2

PostPosted: Sat Oct 16, 2004 9:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would like to encourage everyone, I have a link to a page that describes 2 dream 2 different people had about this election and the Supreme Court. If you wish it I will pm it for you. This is very specific and prayer is the required condition which we are meeting.

IN the 2000 election I had a very specific dream about Bush which came to pass. I believe God speaks to us in many ways and sometimes the only time we slow down enough is while we are sleeping.

My son was almost three at the last election and one day while watching FOX he saw a picture of the capitol dome and started yellying mommy there is God's house. He went on to say mommy Mr. Bush is going to God's house and he is going to be Presiden Bush and be like Daniel.
He prayed every night for then Mr. Bush for weeks and weeks. He would not go to bed also without praying for God to save Mr. Gore and help him when he lost. He loves our President to the day and prays for him every morning. Remember Daniel was captive in Babalyon and stayed faithful to God and was saved by God. Our President went to Iraq once called Babalyon to save those people and protect us. The last debate was in The Babalyon Opera House and our President prevailed. The kingdoms of this world have become the kingdoms of our Lord and Christ. See the connections, God is in control, who is like Him, all we have to do to accomplish this is BE OBEDIANT and join with Him in prayer to accomplish His will and He will fufull it. I loved the plant the seed part, for each of our prayers powerful seeds in the hand of God. There is a scripture that says our prayers go before God lilke incense and they are held in (like a bowl and when it is full God pours the incense out upon the earth) So here is to fill the bowls of prayer with sweet incense.

LET GOD ARISE AND OUR ENEMIES BE SCATTERED AND REDEMPTION FILL THE EARTH AND SPIRT OF THE LORD FALL LIKE RAIN UPON THE HARD GROUND OF THE HEARTS OF THE UNBELIEVING,
Kimmymac
Master Chief Petty Officer

PostPosted: Sat Oct 16, 2004 10:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Out of the mouths of babes... "except ye be as a child", Jesus said...I love these stories about the little ones. You all know my kids are grown, and I miss having little ones around, every single day. Oh, it is exciting to watch them spread their wings (scary, too!) but the sweetest days of my life were the ones I spent in the company of my children. Now I have lots of time to tend my garden, read a good book, have lunch with a friend...but nothing is as enjoyable as just reading a bedtime story or answering a thousand "how come..." questions. It's an old cliche that they are grown before you know it, but it is an old cliche because it is a true fact.

This is a story about what happened on the plane flying back from New England this week: the plane was packed, and there were lots of little kids. One of the little boys (about 3) cried and screamed off and on for hours. (Probably his ears hurt) Some of the other passengers were getting noticably irritated, but I just felt empathy, having flown lots and lots of miles with my own kids, one of whom had ear problems. Anyway, I just started thinking about my own kids, especially my son in Iraq, and getting kinda down (okay, really down. The kind of down I only let myself get when no one that knows me is around) and then this little boy just starts SCREAMING. I started praying for the little boy, and his parents, and the other passengers. I also just started thanking God for that little boy, for his life...and for his healthy lungs Very Happy

Finally (probably in desperation) the parents let the little boy out of his seat, and let him walk up and down the aisle. He walked up to first class, turned around, looked right at me, and ran down the aisle, throwing his arms around me and climbing in my lap! I laughed, hugged him back, started talking to him, and that little boy stayed right there in my lap until we had to prepare to land. I guess I entertained him enough that there was no more screaming, and he blessed me enough that there was no more crying.

After we landed, the parents came up to me to thank me--if they only knew that it was I that was grateful!

Hug your kids for me, and the next time you feel like you might scream if you have to do another load of laundy or pick up another toy, do me a favor? Just thank God for your children's precious life. We are all luckier than we know.
momofthreegirls
Seaman

PostPosted: Sat Oct 16, 2004 10:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I will do that right now, Kimmymac. Well as soon as I can stop blubbering!
Smile That little boy must of felt your prayers. God bless you and yours!!!
Zac's Mom
Ensign

PostPosted: Sun Oct 17, 2004 1:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

homesteader wrote:
She never said anything about it but when the issue was finally settled she took down the loop. I asked her what the chain countdown was all about. She told me it was to remind her to pray for Gov. Bush. Oh for the faith of a child. Dad was humbled.

Wow Homesteader ~ what an incredibly beautiful memory for a dad to have and hold in his heart.

Kimmymac wrote:
Out of the mouths of babes... .

and to Kimmymac ~ your post brought a lump to my throat and made my eyes smart. It also left a glow from being reminded of the "Angels Unaware" who are among us everyday! (Thanks!)
homesteader
PO3

PostPosted: Sun Oct 17, 2004 2:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fifty days before the election, we as a family started praying for one specific state each day. Could I suggest something similar here until after the election?

If we could each take 5 states (plus key states Ohio, Florida) we could be very specific in our daily prayers:

1. That something would happen in each state to reveal to the voters the fraud that Kerry is.
2. The voters of that state would turn out overwhelmingly for the President.
3. That the state would be proctected from electoral foul play.
4. That the prayer warriors in that state would be faithful.

There are millions praying and fasting every day already but this would be our way of standing with them to cover the nation. Follow developments extra closely in the states you choose and rally us on this thread for specific requests.

I will take my own state Wisconsin plus Minnesota, Iowa, South Dakota, North Dakota, (Ohio and Florida).

Here is my first rally request. Michael Moore is at UW Madison tonight. Pray he bombs and turns impressionable minds against him and his cause.
ProudDaughterofVet
Commander

PostPosted: Sun Oct 17, 2004 2:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

We will need to become organized for that..I wonder..okay..I will take the states closest to me..PENN, OHIO..my own, well, NY..not likely, however, I am praying over my state..that for ONCE the light of truth will shine bright.

I will be fasting the final week and praying. I will do what I can, as I know my brothers and sisters will as well. I am not fearful. I am encouraged. God is with us..and as we all know..NO ONE can be against us, not even lying Democrats..In Kerry's radio address today, he stated, that the President is bowing to the extreme right wing ideology when it comes to issues of stem cells research, and abortion..well, no sir...He is a man of faith, and he is principled in that faith..following his faith..

We will pray each day, and some each hour..I for one will be in church a bit longer tomorrow..have some quiet time after service..get my head together..and my heart clear.

Keep the faith strong my friends..we are in this together..

PD

www.timetotakeastand.blogspot.com
homesteader
PO3

PostPosted: Sun Oct 17, 2004 2:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

State by State Prayer:

homesteader: WI, MN, IA, SD, ND (OH, FL)
ProudDaughter: OH, PA, NY (FL)
Adnil77
Ensign

PostPosted: Sun Oct 17, 2004 4:51 am    Post subject: Let's have a day of fasting and prayer Reply with quote

I think it would be wonderful to have a day of fasting and prayer for the Nation to see the truth about Kerry, and for President Bush t be re-elected. There are some things that only fasting and prayer can acheive. I know that when I've fasted before, I have seen Miracles. This is a spiritual batlle! There is a saying about satan..It goes. If you want to think I wear a red suit that's fine, but the truth is I'll wear what ever suits me at the time. Twisted Evil
I know that God wants us as prayer warriors to go into battle. God Bless America, and President Bush!
joeshero
Commander

PostPosted: Sun Oct 17, 2004 5:44 am    Post subject: Re: Let's have a day of fasting and prayer Reply with quote

Adnil77 wrote:
I think it would be wonderful to have a day of fasting and prayer for the Nation to see the truth about Kerry, and for President Bush t be re-elected. There are some things that only fasting and prayer can acheive. I know that when I've fasted before, I have seen Miracles. This is a spiritual batlle! There is a saying about satan..It goes. If you want to think I wear a red suit that's fine, but the truth is I'll wear what ever suits me at the time. Twisted Evil
I know that God wants us as prayer warriors to go into battle. God Bless America, and President Bush!

Agree, what about a week before the election?
Adnil77
Ensign

PostPosted: Sun Oct 17, 2004 3:39 pm    Post subject: A day of National fasting Reply with quote

I think the week before would be great ! I know that Prayer is powerful, and fasting and prayer is extra powerful!
Dear Lord, I come before your thrown and ask that you expose those things that are hidden in darkness. I pray that you bring them out into the light. Please protect our President, and our Nation. Please keep our troops in Iraq safe, and all those around the world. I pray dear Lord, that you put warring Angels around our country and do let the enemy get in again.
Lord, please bless those who have come forward with the truth, and have courage of their convictions.
I ask these things in Jesus name, Amen!
Fort Campbell
Vice Admiral

PostPosted: Sun Oct 17, 2004 5:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Please keep our troops who are fighting in Fallujah today in your prayers as well.
twicearound
PO2

PostPosted: Sun Oct 17, 2004 8:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm in for the fasting, actually I start tomorrow with a partial fast working my way up.

I live in Texas, so I'll pray extra for New Mexico, Nevada and Colorado.

Here is a link to a group of largely young people that have been praying since Sept. 24 (Day of Atonement till Nov. 2 which is 40 days, Interesting the 40 days.)

PLEASE JOIN US IN A NATIONAL FAST FOR THE LAST DAYS BEFORE THE ELECTIONS. THROUGH Nov 2 (Election Day).

As you read this, we are on a prayer journey from Kansas City, the heart of America, to Washington, D.C. We will be traveling along Interstate Highway 70 and holding gatherings in Missouri, in Ohio, Pennsylvania and Florida, all swing states. We believe that God has commissioned us on this divine national assignment to resist and turn back these two mocking and destructive spirits of homosexuality and abortion. This is not our task alone – it's the mandate to the church in this hour to cry out to God for mercy, in repentance.

See www.TheCauseUSA.com for more details. The deadlines for voter registration across states are rapidly approaching. If you have not yet done so, please register right away so that you will be assured of your vote.

My Prayer:
WE ARE NOT ALONE MIGHTY IS THE ARMY OF THE LORD, THE SLEEPING GIANT HAS AWAKENED, I HAVE ARISEN AND YOUR ENEMIES ARE SCATTERING AND I AM SHATTERING THE TEETH OF THE WICKED AND REPLACING THEM WITH THE RIGHTEOUS AND JUST. In your name we agree and pray these things Lord. We ask that you dispatch your waring angels at every polling place to confuse and defeat the schemes of the enemy. While we pray and worship you ambush the enemy. In Jesus name amen

Pray specifically for South Dakota, the spirit of obsruction needs to be removed from the House of Rep.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 18, 19, 20  Next
Page 7 of 20

Jump to: