SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Power Line: We just got a tip
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Chuck Z Ombie AC2000
LCDR

PostPosted: Mon Oct 25, 2004 8:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

How is the NYTimes story bad news for Bush, does joe schmoe think Bush is in charge of guarding every part of Iraq? This story will only get mentiond by Kerry in his boring tora bora monologue and tim brokaw will run with it but nobody else will give a darn becuase it has nothing to do with Bush.
kimberly
PO2

PostPosted: Mon Oct 25, 2004 10:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Chuck Z Ombie AC2000 wrote:
How is the NYTimes story bad news for Bush, does joe schmoe think Bush is in charge of guarding every part of Iraq? This story will only get mentiond by Kerry in his boring tora bora monologue and tim brokaw will run with it but nobody else will give a darn becuase it has nothing to do with Bush.

Depends, I can see Kerry pairing it up (poor security in Iraq) with a distortion of Bush's comment on Hannity re: security against another terror attack here being 'up in the air'. If Kerry's talking, and it won't just be Kerry but Bill Clinton too, the MSM will be airing it. It will be interesting to see how much media coverage is lended to Clinton vs. Schwartzenegger (sp?).

I have noticed this morning, Fox and Friends is covering both topics. The have, so far, spent a little more time discussing the Kerry lie about meeting with the UN and how he's said HE will 'be honest with the American people'. Brian said the story will be covered today and maybe the next few (as it catches on, I guess). Of course, Kerry camp is already refuting, saying Kerry's meeting was a 'private' one. Unless that excuse can be refuted very quickly, Kerry's excuse may take hold.

Just my opinion!
Kimberly
avant
Ensign

PostPosted: Mon Oct 25, 2004 12:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

srmorton wrote:
I agree with NoMoreLies. This is not just exaggeration or "stretching
the truth". It is a sign of a serious mental problem. A person who
lies about national security issues and does it in such a way that it
can easily be proven to be false is clearly MENTALLY unfit to be CinC.
This will not affect the ABB crowd, but someone who was considering
voting for Kerry but was not yet completely committed should be
put off by a story like this. The story about meeting with the enemy
while he was still in the USN can be dismissed by some as "ancient
history". This is very much current history and should give any sane
person who is voting for Kerry pause. I don't get it that people think
that he is so smart because, if he is not delusional, he is STUPID to
say something like that if it were not true.

SRMorton:

I totally agree with you that Kerry does appear to be delusional. Maybe this is why he won't release his medical records either? Possibly he has been diagnosed with some mental problems in the past? That big-mouthed wife of his as elueded to "dreams" and she often blats things out without considering them first.

Avant
Steve Z
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Mon Oct 25, 2004 9:40 pm    Post subject: Washington Times Story Reply with quote

For what it's worth, the Bush campaign has picked up the Washington Times story about Kerry not having met certain members of the UN Security Council prior to voting on Resolution 1441. This is how the Bush campaign spins it:

http://www.georgewbush.com/blog/

"Sometimes, it seems like John Kerry craves the approval of other countries so much, he'll say anything. A report in today's Washington Times suggests that Kerry simply invented meetings with U.N. Security Council officials that never happened, and then used them to justify his 2002 vote to go to war."

They could have elaborated a bit more, like saying that Kerry lied during the second debate about having met with "all of" the Security Council members...
Nathanyl
PO3

PostPosted: Mon Oct 25, 2004 11:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not even Fox picked this one up for some reason.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7
Page 7 of 7

Jump to: