SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

ATTENTION: ALL TROOPS IN IRAQ ( Kerry Trip)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Swift Vets and POWs for Truth
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Tom Poole
Vice Admiral

PostPosted: Wed Jan 19, 2005 3:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lew Waters wrote:
...Senator should read...

Just a comment on Col. Ryan's statement.

LTC Tim Ryan wrote:
...Also bothersome are references by "experts" on how "long" this war is taking....How Long?

If my memory serves, the US declared its independence in 1776 and finished the "War of 1812" with the Treaty of Ghent in 1814, 38 years later. The Civil War spanned more than four years and terrorism continued for 12 years. WWII went on for six years and the grumbling has not yet stopped. The Korean War lasted more than three years and the border remains in dispute, 51 years later. Vietnam..., well you know all that. Following a few brief skirmishes brings us to Iraq. The first war there lasted days but under UN sanctions, remained unfinished for 12 years. That brings us to today. Seems to me, Iraq's progress is spectacular. Perhaps the critics, aka BMs (bluestate moonbats) should take a course in American History 101. This is a particularly appropriate course for Silky, Boxer and Teddy.
I B Squidly
Vice Admiral

PostPosted: Fri Jan 21, 2005 7:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I followed a link to ChronWatch and then to this site, http://www.leastcreative.com/ from which I've clipped this:

Quote:

Jan 6 - Kerry Comes A Callin'

Massachusetts Senator visited Task Force Baghdad Soldiers stationed at Camp Victory on the night of Jan 6. I was the only press there, and when the Cav did a press release the next morning featuring three of my photos, it didn't take long for the phone to start ringing. CNN, ABC, you name it they were calling. They wanted to know when Sen. Kerry had been there, what had he said? When did he arrive in country? Where was he now? It appeared this had been a secret trip, and the press were clambering for something. but the best they were going to get were by pictures and cut-lines. A week later I noticed mysterious articles popping up from some of the news agencies about how Kerry had visited Iraq. They left us out completely! In fact, from talking to Kerry, what I saw really didn't fit what I read, but who knows. Here are my recollections of the "event" along with the rest of my pictures (as requested by many people):

Originally the plan was for Senator John Kerry to show up around 5:00pm and appear unannounced in our chow hall. He was going to meet with Soldiers, and get photos taken, ask and answer questions, etc. Only at the last minute, someone came and told us that the chow hall idea was off and if we wanted a picture, he would be upstairs meeting with troopers hailing from Massachusetts at around 5:45. So around 5:30 I grabbed a camera and headed up. I was milling about in the hall upstairs when someone on the security team recognized me and pulled me into the 1st Cav's conference room. He told the others I was OK and showed me where I was sitting. There was a long table laid out with place cards and 1st Cav mugs. Was told Kerry wa traveling with two other guys. I can't remember both names, but one was with National Public Radio. My seat wasn't at the table, but right behind it. In fact, right behind Sen. Kerry. This was my first print release, and I didn't want to screw it up. I took out my notebook and started taking names of people and descriptions of them to use in my cut-lines. I wrote stuff like SPC Joe Johnson, 353rd FSB, "Tall with glasses and short hair." There were between seven and ten soldiers there. Most were reservists. They were from a firefighting unit and an aviation unit stationed at Camp Taji. Just as I got everyone's name, General Casey entered the room and shook some hands. He talked shortly with some Soldiers and then left. Then John Kerry entered the room.

I don't want to be rude, but the first thing that struck me was that Senator John Kerry's face is as orange as it looked late in the Presidential Campaign. Really orange. Anyway, he came in as said "hello" and bean shaking people's hands. Kerry had this down. The sakes your hand and gets your first name and where you're from. He then tells you a story about his visit to where you are from or about something near by. I had been taking pictures, and when he got to me, I felt flustered because I wasn't there to meet him. But I thrust out my hand and he shook it. John Kerry's hands surprised me. They were very much like Al Frankin's hands: meaty and soft. Not the hands of someone who labors. I told him that I wasn't from Massachusetts, but that my wife was. He said that at least I had the wisdom to do that right. I said I was from Minnesota (the Twin Cities) and he said that the University of Minnesota campus was nice (he had an early campaign rally there that my old Guard unit covered). He told me he had worked a stint in Public Affairs. As he moved to the next person, the turned and said "You know, I carried Minnesota." and I said "Yes you did, Sir."

No one ever sat at the table. The meeting was informal and took place with Kerry leaning against the table and other Soldiers surrounding him. Someone mentioned hockey, and Kerry said he had just been playing ice hockey the other day, and it had aggravated his knee. He ask the troops a few questions. He wanted to know how they felt about the "bait and switch about the WMDs." He wanted to know if we were angry. The Soldiers responded that they really didn't care about WMDs. Their mission was to protect and to rebuild. Kerry ask about quality of life and morale. The troops responded that it couldn't be better. They watch DVDs and hang out with friends in their spare time. They really have everything they could ask for. He then ask is there was anything that he could tell Congress for us, a message he could deliver. The troops said to spread the word that we are doing good work over here, but CNN, and ABC, and FOX doesn't want to show us rebuilding sewage stations and renovating schools and helping families. They only want to show death.

The senator was then presented with a T-shirt and a plaque and a coin. Some woman hurried him out the door and he wished everyone goodbye. It was my understanding he was flying to Jordan afterwards to meet with the king. I'll have to look to see when he arrived in Mosul, because if it's after the 6th, than means it was a reaction to the press being interested in the trip. But I don't think it's in my best interest to speculate on that here.
MSeeger
Seaman

PostPosted: Sat Jan 22, 2005 4:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This article sure paints a different picture than what Mr. Kerry presents in his letter to his fellow sojourners, doesn't it?

Maria
msindependent
Vice Admiral

PostPosted: Sat Jan 22, 2005 5:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This guy really shook Al Frankin's hand, that's a tad weird. Anyway, if this is all true, Kerry asking if they were mad is a form of treason - again. It's like saying, you guy's were tricked and oh by the way, when you get home join a protest group. God, I still hate him.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Swift Vets and POWs for Truth All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7
Page 7 of 7

Jump to: