SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Letter to Bill O'Reilly
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt
View previous topic :: View next topic  
arymann
PO3

PostPosted: Tue Aug 31, 2004 11:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think that's a reference to Roger Ailes, who is the Chairman (or some other bigwig title) of Fox News.
Curtis H.
Lt.Jg.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 01, 2004 1:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Short and simple e-mails sent to Fox News expressing my dissapointment with Bill O'Rielly.
Wing Wiper
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Wed Sep 01, 2004 1:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Has anybody here ever gotten a reply from Bill? Just curious.
My dad's a big fan, I'll see what he thinks. I work nights, so I don't have much of an opportunity to see his show, though I have watched in the past. He's sure blowing this story big-time, in my opinion.
nathan roland
Ensign

PostPosted: Wed Sep 01, 2004 10:55 pm    Post subject: 4 more years Reply with quote

4 more years

Last edited by nathan roland on Mon Sep 06, 2004 10:42 am; edited 1 time in total
nathan roland
Ensign

PostPosted: Wed Sep 01, 2004 11:27 pm    Post subject: 4 more years Reply with quote

4 more years

Last edited by nathan roland on Mon Sep 06, 2004 10:43 am; edited 1 time in total
nathan roland
Ensign

PostPosted: Thu Sep 02, 2004 5:44 am    Post subject: 4 more years Reply with quote

4 more years

Last edited by nathan roland on Mon Sep 06, 2004 10:44 am; edited 1 time in total
markasass
Lt.Jg.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 02, 2004 9:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bill O'Reilly has announced he's going to interview John O'Neill on Fox TV's "The O'Reilly Factor" next Tuesday 07 September 2004. To answer a question from another thread:

Quote:
Has anyone invited BOR to read this forum ?

Ooops...sorry....he hasn't even read Mr. ONeils book yet.....

I've been a BOR Premium Member (PM) for quite a while and I invited Mr. O, through the Feedback Zone message board topic threads, the PM private e-mail form, and the oreilly@foxnews.com and bill.oreilly@foxnews.com e-mail addresses, to please go to www.swiftvets.com and read what was being said about him.

Maybe between his site, this site, phone calls, faxes, e-mail, and snail mail, he finally got the message. PMers are now requesting he give Mr. O'Neill at least 2 or 3 segments, while I am requesting he seriously consider having him on for the entire show, i.e., a one-hour special.

Anxiously awaiting Tuesday 07 September 2004 and am cautiously optimistic. Glad BOR finally decided to actually read Unfit for Command.

"Do all the good you can. By all the means you can. In all the ways you can. In all the places you can. To all the people you can. As long as you ever can." - Wesley
markasass
Lt.Jg.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 04, 2004 3:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
It looks like I have to retract my comment about emails having no effect on BOR. I don't really know what has changed his mind about reading the book, but it very may have been the email barrage that did the trick. Whatever it was, he will know the score when O'Neill shows up, and that is a major difference from before.

I sincerely believe the e-mails, calls, faxes, letters, returned items, his Premium Members, his Feedback Zone, Talk Radio, and the blogosphere all had a part in him reversing course. Unless he was deliberately manipulating his audience, and planning all along to have Mr. O'Neill on AFTER the Republican National Convention, I think we had an effect.

BTW, I still haven't received any e-mail from BOR confirming Mr. O'Neill's Tue 07 Sep 04 appearance on "The O'Reilly Factor", nor have I found anything at www.billoreilly.com or the SBVT's "Appearances: Swift Vets on the Air", but it seems like a sure thing. I suppose we'll just have to wait until Tuesday morning, when BOR lists his upcoming guests on his web site. If I learn anything any sooner, I'll post immediately.

"Do all the good you can. By all the means you can. In all the ways you can. In all the places you can. To all the people you can. As long as you ever can." - Wesley
RideAHarley
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Sat Sep 04, 2004 4:38 am    Post subject: On the Radio Factor.. Reply with quote

I think I heard him saying today (Friday) that J.O. would be on on Tuesday. I am almost positive, because I don't know where else I would have heard it other than when I was listening to the Radio Factor today.

Semper Fi
RideAHarley.com - Prescott, Arizona
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7
Page 7 of 7

Jump to: