SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Naval Archives
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Resources & Research
View previous topic :: View next topic  
LiveFreeOrDie
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Sat Sep 18, 2004 7:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Chief,

Bandit has a website for just that purpose. I'll leave it to you to contact him if you desire.
SBD
Admiral

PostPosted: Sat Sep 18, 2004 8:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I can setup whatever you need. password protected, etc.

SBD
Stevie
Master Chief Petty Officer of the Navy

PostPosted: Sun Sep 19, 2004 6:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

oh NavyChief ! I just hope the little elves have been busy this past week...

maybe got all their work done? of course, I don't know how much is in a

box .... or how big the boxes are.... just hoping they get it all before

it magically disappears....

thanks to all those doing the hard work ! all I'm doing is continuing to

bounce off the rubber walls waiting....
be arrested, exiled or hanged.
Sun Tzu
Seaman

PostPosted: Sun Sep 19, 2004 9:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I can't wait to see what you guys found. Smile
Sun Tzu
Seaman

PostPosted: Sun Sep 19, 2004 12:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

On Fox & Friends this morning (9/19)....they mentioned the fact that the Swiftvets were going to release more info about Kerry soon. Depending upon what's been discovered...we need to throw a porkchop out to the wolves soon.
Denis
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Mon Sep 20, 2004 1:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

NavyChief wrote:
anybody got a website out there where I can send some new documents to?

- Chief

Navy Chief,

If you were asking if anyone has a site where they can post materials, for public viewing, for which links can be given and docs downloaded from or merely viewed, I can do so.

Denis
stcromwell99
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Mon Sep 20, 2004 11:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

NavyChief wrote:
These are beautiful. Were there any more of these?

- Chief

Yep! 70 pages total. Sent them all to Bandit.
Bernard Cullen
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Tue Sep 21, 2004 1:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

NavyChief wrote:

I hope you realize that the 2nd linked one is VERY IMPORTANT for the SBVT. Do you know what it means?

- Chief

Seems like it is the basis for the visit to Zumwalt . Not the need to boost morale but to thank men for their efforts. Kerry's depiction of this meeting, therefore, is directly contradicted by a contemperaneous source.

If so, it suggetss that there are documents that can more fully flesh out what was happening.
Bernard Cullen
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Tue Sep 21, 2004 2:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

NavyChief wrote:
Anyone care to look at SPOT REPORT 030 and tell me why it has importance to the 28 February incident?

- Chief

Seems to me that it is a very concrete description of debouching troops by driving the ship at right angles to the bank. Is this the same as attacking an ambush? If so, then there was nothing novel in Kerry's manouevres February 28. If not, then I am stumped!

Bernie
jalexson
PO3

PostPosted: Tue Sep 21, 2004 7:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

NavyChief wrote:
Bernard Cullen wrote:
NavyChief wrote:
Anyone care to look at SPOT REPORT 030 and tell me why it has importance to the 28 February incident?

- Chief

Seems to me that it is a very concrete description of debouching troops by driving the ship at right angles to the bank. Is this the same as attacking an ambush? If so, then there was nothing novel in Kerry's manouevres February 28. If not, then I am stumped!

Bernie

You are a genius. That's exactly what this is. Documented proof that Kerry's turning into an ambush was nothing more than the tactics of offloading troops. But also note that Hoffman says 3 swifts carry about 45 men for infiltration. Rood writes 90 -- that's twice as many. Something wrong with that?

- Chief

Not only that but it might explain why Kerry got a silver star. OIC's are being encouraged to use this tactic and Kerry used it successfully.

Rewarding Kerry could have been viewed as a way of encouraging others to do the same thing in spite of the inherent danger that if Charlie could anticipate where the boats would beach he could plant mines to destroy them.

"That awful power, the public opinion of a nation, is created in America by a horde of ignorant, self-complacent simpletons who failed at ditching and shoe making and fetched up in journalism on their way to the poor house."
-- Mark Twain
jalexson
PO3

PostPosted: Tue Sep 21, 2004 7:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

stcromwell99 wrote:
not really sure but here are three more: Smile
(Something about Alson)

(PS: I should mention that I scanned these pages in the order they were found in the file. They may be out of order... I wasn't trying to figure that out)

You're doing a great job. Don't worry about the order that can be fixed up later. It might help if someone with the right software can convert these documents into a form that allows them to be confined into a single file to make it easier to go from one to another for analysis.
"That awful power, the public opinion of a nation, is created in America by a horde of ignorant, self-complacent simpletons who failed at ditching and shoe making and fetched up in journalism on their way to the poor house."
-- Mark Twain
Sun Tzu
Seaman

PostPosted: Tue Sep 21, 2004 7:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

What we need to do...is to write up an in depth analysis of these files...and send them to powerlineblog and littlegreenfootballs. Drudge will also really enjoy these files.
The bandit
Commander

PostPosted: Tue Sep 21, 2004 8:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

stcromwell99 wrote:
The final batch:
(I'm amazed I could get these all in my AOL ftp site) Smile

(I Know for a fact that these pages are mixed up. They were lying loose in the box so I scanned them in order I found them. If you see a later page out of order tell me which one(s) and I will rename it to follow the 1st page, i.e. 001b, 001c, ect.)

Captains Quaters wrote about one of the files you found already! Unfortuantly he gave me all the credit for all you and Mary's work Crying or Very sad
Commander

PostPosted: Tue Sep 21, 2004 8:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

NavyChief wrote:

- Chief

So old Kerry forgot about disembarking the troops eh? Wink
Left them in the rear so they could all get shot up by the bad guys on the oposite bank Very Happy
Commander

PostPosted: Tue Sep 21, 2004 12:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

NavyChief wrote:
Bernard Cullen wrote:
NavyChief wrote:

- Chief

Bernie

You are a genius. That's exactly what this is. Documented proof that Kerry's turning into an ambush was nothing more than the tactics of offloading troops. But also note that Hoffman says 3 swifts carry about 45 men for infiltration. Rood writes 90 -- that's twice as many. Something wrong with that?

- Chief

If you mean RHMCSDE0025, Page 2, 3) then it seems to me that isn't describing Kerry's 'charge the ambush' method, but merely the way troops got on and off either on a beach or a high muddy riverbank. The PCFs beached, slightly, correct? Or am I missing something there?

That Rood's saying 90 on three boats is interesting. I don't have everything he's reportedly said. Do you have the source or URL?

Am I wrong, but are these various spot reports and others all carbon copies? Is that why the print is blue?

And has anyone come across the definitive list of administration codes and routing indicators for that era? The present RI books are ACP 117 or similar. I don't know where you'd find the breakdown for 194 or 115. Would Hoffman or Lonsdale, or any of the Swifties know?

And on the 13 MAR document with the "9559" where a filing time ought to go, have you noticed that the other documents all show a time following the Julian date, whether or not the time is followed by a "z", and which is often matched right in the preamble?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Resources & Research All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
Page 7 of 9

Jump to: