SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Lobby the media - mail & email campaign against Kerry!
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Resources & Research
View previous topic :: View next topic  
davman
Lieutenant

PostPosted: Fri Oct 01, 2004 1:18 pm    Post subject: Lobby the media - mail & email campaign against Kerry! Reply with quote

I believe that we who oppose Kerry should pull together th show our opposition in a big way. I think we should all email the Boston Globe and Fox news, at the same time, to have more of an impact. Write to show how much we oppose his prescence in the Senate, and his run for the presidency! If we get enough people to do so, maybe it will have an impact. I choose these two media outlets because one is Kerry's hometown paper, the other is the highest rated network news. Then maybe we can do the same thing to two others next week!
SangRun Hunter
PO1

PostPosted: Fri Oct 01, 2004 1:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm all for it and I have been sending notes to all kinds of sources.

I say we pick a time and date to do it synchronized.

Admin, can we get a sticky made to do this? The bloggers and other site owners here could post it out on their sites as well.
SooZQ
PO2

PostPosted: Fri Oct 01, 2004 2:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Count me in too! Very Happy

Really support the troops, send them a letter and care package! Visit:http://www.anysoldier.com
dusty
Admiral

PostPosted: Fri Oct 01, 2004 3:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just don't break their mail servers with a flood of mail in a short span of time.
hehe
I'm only half joking here folks.

Dusty

Last edited by dusty on Fri Oct 01, 2004 5:17 pm; edited 1 time in total
MOCitizenForTruth
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Fri Oct 01, 2004 5:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

count me in!!! Just post the message and the date/time. I'm so frustrated and I feel like my letters just get put in the trash. Maybe if it is enmasse and coordinated it may have an impact.
davman
Lieutenant

PostPosted: Fri Oct 01, 2004 5:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

letter@globe.com

foxnewsonline@foxnews.com

The adress for the Globe and Fox. Hope this makes it easier!
hanna
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Fri Oct 01, 2004 5:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Actually, if there is a very large barage of e-mail like that, they will simply be shut down and dumped and never read. They have to protect their servers and that is reasonable to expect. Besides, if you shut down their servers, what good is that?

I have also wondered what we could do collectively, all at once at a specific time or day or whatever. The only thing I can think of is to run with our lights on during the day for the next 30 days......Lights for Bush.
Navy_Navy_Navy
Admin

PostPosted: Fri Oct 01, 2004 6:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

May I strongly caution you to not use canned letters in your campaign?

When a mail server is receiving a spike in the number of messages, it is trivial for the sysadmin to track down the cause being canned mail and dev/null messages that contain specific phrases. The cyber-equivalent of File 13. ;)

Please write your own letters.

Keep them brief and concise - one or two points. No dissertations, even if you have the "firepower" to write one. If you start to go past two points, consider whether you have to make this third point in this letter, or if you can simply split your ideas into two or more letters.

Use appropriate formatting (paragraphs) and punctuation and capitalization. Use your spell checker.

Use your own words, natural language. If two-dollar words aren't part of your daily vocabulary, leave them out of your letter. Words from the heart and mind and your own opinion.

Be polite. Use bolding or italics to emphasize words instead of CAPITALS. Don't use all bold or italic, as it can make your letter difficult to read.

Short, polite, original wording... keep those in mind and you'll have a much better chance of being heard by those to whom you wish to speak.

Good luck! :)
SangRun Hunter
PO1

PostPosted: Fri Oct 01, 2004 6:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you Triple N for the solid advice and blessing of luck.
SangRun Hunter
PO1

PostPosted: Fri Oct 01, 2004 7:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

As suggested by Navy_Navy_Navy in a PM reply to me.

Quote:
Perhaps the Chicago Sun Times and the NY Sun could be added, as they have printed NavyChief & T. Lipscomb's article about Kerry writing the AAR?

I think it would be good to add these to the list also. As was stated by Triple N before do not just send a form letter or copy from one another.

Be pithy as BOR would say.
davman
Lieutenant

PostPosted: Fri Oct 01, 2004 7:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

letters@suntimes.com

editor@nysun.com

These are the email adresses for the Sun Times and NY Sun letters to the editor.
SangRun Hunter
PO1

PostPosted: Fri Oct 01, 2004 7:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

letter@globe.com

foxnewsonline@foxnews.com

letters@suntimes.com

editor@nysun.com

There we have them thanks to davman for supplying the addy's.

I'll post what I send here in a little bit as an example.

Time to write? Shall we make a date to start or should we just say from now until next Friday?

Anyone can write whenever they want, but we do want impact and a unified front for a specific time period.
SangRun Hunter
PO1

PostPosted: Fri Oct 01, 2004 7:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Below is my letter,

I kept is short, but it could be shorter. Maybe sending a link to another source for the Colliers story could be included in other letters.

Maybe just the subjest line could contain the questions.

Quote:
Why is it the main stream media is and has been giving John Kerry a pass?

He switches his positions constantly and continually tries to explain away what he said 2 weeks or 2 moths ago.

Why is no one investigating his family connection to Colliers international and the government of Vietnam?

Why is no one questioning his meeting with North Vietnamese leaders in Paris during the war while he was still an naval officer.

Many Americans are concerned and want to know why not investigate him.

SooZQ
PO2

PostPosted: Fri Oct 01, 2004 8:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey, Here's an old fashioned idea. How about everyone send a hard copy letter to the respective news organizations on the same day.
For instance, everyone prepare one or two letters this weekend, polite, short like 3xNavy suggests. Then on Monday we all drop them in the mail.
No servers going down, and tons of letters flooding the mail rooms!

Whatcha think? Razz

Really support the troops, send them a letter and care package! Visit:http://www.anysoldier.com
truthserum
Seaman

PostPosted: Fri Oct 01, 2004 9:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm in on the deal.

I think we all need to email PBS too criticizing Lehrer for the softball questions he gave to Kerry. He could have questioned Kerry on his 20 yr anti defense record but he didn't. He could have asked Kerry who these "allies" were that he was going to call on and name them. He let Kerry slide on explaining his "4 point" plan to get out of Iraq, letting Kerry refer people to his website. How nice. A lot of people don't have web access, probably the poorer people and uneducated on computers, people likely to vote for Kerry. As far as I'm concerned he gave Kerry a big pass last night. PBS needs donations from people all the time, even though they get government grants to spew their liberal stuff at all of us who pay for it.

To this day, Kerry's 20 yr. record remains untouched except on Hannity & Colmes.

PROUD TO BE AN AMERICAN!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Resources & Research All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 1 of 4

Jump to: