SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Dr. Jack Wheeler on John Kerry
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Resources & Research
View previous topic :: View next topic  
AZVet61
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Sat Oct 09, 2004 4:18 am    Post subject: Dr. Jack Wheeler on John Kerry Reply with quote

The following is an article by Dr. Jack Wheeler. It was sent to me via the net--and isn't taken from his website, "To The Point", an excellent site.
TIGERS AND TREASON
Behind The Lines
Dr. Jack Wheeler
Thursday, September 30, 2004

Perhaps the most extraordinary summer of my life was when I was 17 years old. It was 1960, and I spent it in the jungles of South Vietnam hunting tigers. I was by myself with a Vietnamese hunting guide named Ngo Van Chi, and I was after one tiger in particular. He was a man-eater. He had killed and eaten so many people – over 20 – that he had a name: Ong Bang Mui, “Mr. Thirty,” the number associated with death.

This was in the Central Highlands of South Vietnam, inhabited by tribespeople collectively known as Montagnards (mon-tan-yards), French for mountain people. They are Malayo-Polynesian, not Mongoloid Oriental, who first populated these mountains thousands of years ago – long before the Vietnamese came, whether the Tonkinese in the north or the Annamese in the south.

The Montagnard people I was with were known as the Co Ho. They had no modern weapons, only spears and cross bows. So when Ong Bang Mui leaped into one of their villages and dragged off a villager to be eaten, they had little defense. They had little defense also from the Communist Viet Cong. The sight of a village in smoking ruins and dead babies stuck onto sharpened poles is a sight one never forgets.

The Co Ho and other Montagnard tribes were such peaceful, gentle people. It was impossible for anyone who got to know them, such as I and so many American soldiers, not to develop a deep and abiding fondness for them. They welcomed me into their huts, most always built on stilts, and were always gracious and kind – although I must admit they loved getting me way too drunk on their rice wine.

In the 29 years since the North Vietnamese conquered South Viet Nam, the Montagnards have been defenseless against the genocide perpetrated upon them by the Communist regime in Hanoi. The Montagnards fought as best they could against the Viet Cong and NVA (North Vietnamese Army), and the Hanoi Communists have been exacting revenge ever since. There were over 3 million Montagnards three decades ago, and now there are less than 700,000 – a Communist genocide of well over two million of the most benign human beings on our planet.

In September 2001, the House of Representatives passed the Vietnam Human Rights Act by a vote of 410-1. The act would have greatly restricted any US aid to the Communist government of Vietnam until the Montagnard pogroms ceased and the basic human rights of the Montagnards were protected. One single Senator blocked the bill from a vote in the Senate, thus preventing it from becoming law and allowing the Hanoi regime to continue the genocide.

That Senator was John Kerry.

This summer, on July 19, 2004, the House again passed the Vietnam Human Rights Act, by a vote of 325-45. And again, Kerry of Massachusetts is blocking its passage in the Senate.

This Saturday, October 2, from 10am to 5pm, there will be a demonstration in front of John Kerry’s Washington home, organized by Vietnamese-Americans for Truth, to protest Kerry’s sabotage of the Vietnam Human Rights Act.

The address is 3322 O St. NW, Georgetown, Washington DC 20007.

Just as John Kerry betrayed his fellow soldiers by lying to Congress that they perpetrated war crimes, just as John Kerry betrayed his country by attempting to negotiate its defeat with Hanoi Communist representatives in Paris, so John Kerry betrayed the Vietnamese and Montagnard people. Treason and betrayal indelibly soil his soul.

Please consider joining me at the Kerry Sabotage demonstration this Saturday if you live anywhere near the Washington area. I hope to see you there.

And yes -- I did get Ong Bang Mui.

Mod: Edited to add link. Scroll down for reference to this article on his website
http://www.tothepointnews.com/

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Anker-Klanker
Admiral

PostPosted: Sat Oct 09, 2004 4:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It just gets worse and worse and worse, the more we learn about him. I'd complain about the MSM/OIM failing in its responsibility again, but what good would that do?

I guess we do have to make some effort to "vet" this story. For example, I'm having some trouble figuring out how one senator could block a bill.

Last edited by Anker-Klanker on Sat Oct 09, 2004 4:36 am; edited 1 time in total
Nomorelies
Vice Admiral

PostPosted: Sat Oct 09, 2004 4:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fascinating story. I wish it would get more air time on the net. Perhaps some other bloggers will pick it up.

Nomo
Stevie
Master Chief Petty Officer of the Navy

PostPosted: Sat Oct 09, 2004 6:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Anker-Klanker wrote:
It just gets worse and worse and worse, the more we learn about him. I'd complain about the MSM/OIM failing in its responsibility again, but what good would that do?

I guess we do have to make some effort to "vet" this story. For example, I'm having some trouble figuring out how one senator could block a bill.

don't they need 2/3 vote to pass anything in the senate? I could be wrong but leave it to Kerry to vote against something good..... he should fund this himself - w/ terreeeeza's help! it would be the least he could do... we do need to try and get this out!
be arrested, exiled or hanged.
tugboatphil
Ensign

PostPosted: Sat Oct 09, 2004 1:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't remember much from Civics Class (I don't remember much of anything these days), but before any bill goes for a floor vote, it has to be approved by the appropriate committee. If Kerry was Chair of that committee, he could easily block it's transit to the Senate floor for a vote.

Don't Sweat the Mule Goin' Blind,
Just Keep Loadin' the Wagon.
Anker-Klanker
Admiral

PostPosted: Sat Oct 09, 2004 2:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
If Kerry was Chair of that committee, he could easily block it's transit to the Senate floor for a vote.

Ah! That may be the answer. You know that if this gets out the dark side is going to argue and put smoke screen around everything said.
MrJapan
PO1

PostPosted: Sat Oct 09, 2004 2:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
vote of 410-1

That in itself should tell anyone that's NOT Kerry that SOMETHING is wrong here.....

Quote:
It just gets worse and worse and worse

Man, you aren't kidding!!!! I'm scared what else might surface... just hope there's enough time to do something about it.

As far as I can remember... think it was taught in Tech School (AIT) or maybe boot camp.... there has only been 1 person given the death penalty for desertion (1920's?!)..... I know he never deserted, but, shouldn't he be held accountable for all of the crimes not only commited against his service... but the country as a whole? And be sentence to....... well, use your imagination (not that I am for...... well... you get the picture..)..
Desert Shield/Desert Storm
Texas Army NG 13E FDC
BTRY B 3-133 Arty
Tom Poole
Vice Admiral

PostPosted: Sat Oct 09, 2004 2:35 pm    Post subject: Dr. Jack Wheeler on John Kerry Reply with quote

AZVet61 wrote:
...over 3 million Montagnards three decades ago, and now there are less than 700,000...

Great story and great for my education. I remember almost nothing about the Montagnards but remember a great deal from local politics. I don't remember any candidate from either party as universally despised by veterans as Kerry, and that includes Carter. Recall that Carter previously held the record and his one remarkable achievement was to leak our stealth technology in order to be reelected (which he was not). Stories like this deepen our hatred of this charlatan because but for his actions, it would not have been.
MrJapan
PO1

PostPosted: Sat Oct 09, 2004 2:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
his one remarkable achievement was to leak our stealth technology

Man, I'm learning by day... I didn't like the gut when I was 8 years old... don't know why, I was too young to know politics (perhaps still am).... But THAT is treason in itself, is it not?
Desert Shield/Desert Storm
Texas Army NG 13E FDC
BTRY B 3-133 Arty
wally626
Seaman Apprentice

PostPosted: Sat Oct 09, 2004 4:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Stevie wrote:
Anker-Klanker wrote:

don't they need 2/3 vote to pass anything in the senate? I could be wrong but leave it to Kerry to vote against something good..... he should fund this himself - w/ terreeeeza's help! it would be the least he could do... we do need to try and get this out!

One Senator can by rule keep a bill from being voted on. At least for a time. Generally it takes 60 votes to stop a bill being blocked. This is why many of Bush's judicial appointments are being blocked. The Republicans can not get enough Dems to join them to bring the nominees up for a vote.

In a sense this is good in that some bill passed by the house really are somewhat reactionary and should no be passed. However the Senate rule changes over the years have made it easier and easier to block bills by the minority. Unfortunately to change the rules it takes a 60 vote majority.

The Repblicans have been able to make a lot of changes in the House but to make changes in the Senate requires a solid majority, and the will to do so.

The 2/3rds vote is for Constitutional Amendments and Impeachments
Anker-Klanker
Admiral

PostPosted: Sat Oct 09, 2004 6:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Folks, I've been doing some searching on the issue, and this is the REAL DEAL!

For the Act, as passed by the House, go to:

http://ngothelinh.50megs.com/HR2833.html

For more background, go to:

http://www.hrw.org/wr2k2/asia11.html

and:

http://www.house.gov/apps/list/press/nj04_smith/Vietnam.html

This article confirms that Kerry blocked the Act in the Senate:

http://www.cnsnews.com/ViewForeignBureaus.asp?Page=%5CForeignBureaus%5Carchive%5C200408%5CFOR20040831a.html

And according to the Vietnam Veterans Against Kerry, it appears that Colliers International connections was the reason Kerry blocked the Act:

http://www.vietnamveteransagainstjohnkerry.com/ker_beng_wt.htm

If you do a Google search on "Vietnam Human Rights Act" you will get hundreds of hits. I've only included a select few.
ranch hand
Lt.Jg.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 09, 2004 6:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Anyboby have a list of names who voted against this?
Anker-Klanker
Admiral

PostPosted: Sat Oct 09, 2004 7:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Apparently there was only one vote against in the House (don't know who it was yet) the first time it came up. The 45 votes against it the second time looks like something else to investigate (like why only one opposed the first time, and 45 the second).

In the Senate it never made it to the floor for vote (either time).
srmorton
PO2

PostPosted: Sat Oct 09, 2004 7:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think this is one of the most disgusting things that has come to
light about Kerry. Where is the MSM? Oh, I remember. They
are falling all over themselves telling us how Kerry "won" the
debate last night - or that at best it was a draw. What about all
the lies and contradictions? If it were not for the MSM proping
him up, he would be ten points behind!
shadowy
Commander

PostPosted: Sat Oct 09, 2004 10:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

How can a man so utterly oblivious to human beings and so utterly focused on self-interest appeal to anyone?
He doesn't. People who don't like him or respect him are going to vote for him because of blind hate.
He's exactly what they deserve for it. Too bad we can't afford to let them have him.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Resources & Research All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: