SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Doctored Documents
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Resources & Research
View previous topic :: View next topic  
jccooper
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Thu Aug 19, 2004 10:59 pm    Post subject: Doctored Documents Reply with quote

I have noticed some of the documents on the John Kerry web page seem to have some indications of having been doctored or forged. I sent the Bronze Star Citation signed by Secretary of the Navy John Lehmann to FOX news and told them Lehmann was not the Secretary of the Navy until 1981. They downloaded the document and showed it on Brit Hulme.

The 3rd Purple Heart Certificate also indicates that it is the 2nd Purple Heart award and all of them seem to be signed and dated on the same date by the same person. Hmmm.
jwb7605
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Thu Aug 19, 2004 11:54 pm    Post subject: Re: Doctored Documents Reply with quote

jccooper wrote:
I have noticed some of the documents on the John Kerry web page seem to have some indications of having been doctored or forged. I sent the Bronze Star Citation signed by Secretary of the Navy John Lehmann to FOX news and told them Lehmann was not the Secretary of the Navy until 1981. They downloaded the document and showed it on Brit Hulme.

The 3rd Purple Heart Certificate also indicates that it is the 2nd Purple Heart award and all of them seem to be signed and dated on the same date by the same person. Hmmm.

Are you serious ... this is truly NO SH*T?
hanna
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Thu Aug 19, 2004 11:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Could they possibly be that dimb???
SteamSnipe
Seaman Apprentice

PostPosted: Fri Aug 20, 2004 12:27 am    Post subject: Awards out of order Reply with quote

It is readily apparent that all the Purple Hearts were churned out on the same day, as the 3rd Award (second shown on Kerry's web page) cites it is for action 20Feb69, while the last one listed on his web page says "Gold Star in Lieu of Second Award" and cites action 13Mar69. The chronology is wrong. Don't know if that is any signifcance though, could be an admin error.

Last edited by SteamSnipe on Sun Aug 22, 2004 3:42 am; edited 1 time in total
cipher
Vice Admiral

PostPosted: Fri Aug 20, 2004 12:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:

I think this is one of the contentions that was brought up in an earlier thread. The FIRST PH was initially denied by the commander at the time, and it was only later that it was resubmitted and pushed through without a review. So the order in which the PHs were received was the second one first, the third one second, and the first one last, chronologically speaking.

You may have to look to one of baldeagl's timelines in R&R to get it all sorted out.
Defense contractor for US Navy, SSPO, SP-20, SP-24, OP-12 84-92
J. Toy
Seaman Apprentice

PostPosted: Fri Aug 20, 2004 2:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Interesting web site on the Lehman signature. They somewhat conclude that maybe he re-applied for the medals during Lehman's term after throwing them away.
However, did he throw away the citations with the medals?, ribbons?, or someone else's medals?, as has been the flip flopping story on that so far.

Note the date on the web site, it goes back to April '04.

http://www.terpsboy.com/terpsboyarchives/000373.html
Me#1You#10
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Aug 20, 2004 2:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Moving to R&R shortly
stealthy
Lieutenant

PostPosted: Fri Aug 20, 2004 4:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just saw a piece on Fox about this. He got new ones that were for some reason more glowing than the earlier.
PatS
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Fri Aug 20, 2004 5:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

They changed their web site today and altered the Spot Action classified document and the Timeline account of the March 13th incident. If anyone downloaded the originals they can compare them. I saved both versions of the Timeline.
ASPB
Master Chief Petty Officer of the Navy

PostPosted: Fri Aug 20, 2004 6:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Write to brit.hume@foxnews.com and let him know what you've found. Attach copies of both versions of the document(s). Please!
The bandit
Commander

PostPosted: Fri Aug 20, 2004 7:06 am    Post subject: Re: Doctored Documents Reply with quote

jccooper wrote:

I wrote about this a little earlier, comparing two slightly altered Bronze Citations that had been saved from kerry's site. Also it may now appear
Kerry has removed Lehman citations completely from his site.

For more info see:

http://idexer.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=210#210
tvaughan
Seaman

PostPosted: Fri Aug 20, 2004 3:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is just getting weird now.

Documents coming and going off their sight?

Is anyone documenting the time line of documents being up on the sight, and then taken down?

Brit Hume was the only one who covered the new, more flowery language of Senator Kerry's citation, almost two decades after the fact.

It seems that all the documents are being used through Photoshop as well.

This isn't proof of anything, but Photoshop is a really slow way to simply scan a document. They had to be altering them at least a little. Why else use photoshop? I hope they were just doing touch-ups to make them more readable and distribution friendly.

I have to admit, they have been so inept at responding to this my suspicion is on overdrive! If Kerry was telling the truth it wouldn't be this hard to get the truth out!!
Talking point #1: Sign 180
Talking point #2: Sign 180
Talking point #3: Sign 180
hanna
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Fri Aug 20, 2004 3:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

All he would have to do is sign a 180 which would give the media access to all of his military records, without being filtered through him. He should also release his journal, from which Tour of Duty was written. Simple. He could clear all of this up in less than 24 hours.

But instead of doing that, he provides summaries of documents, no documents at all for some things, and documents that are obviously and even admittedly altered.

I surely hope he does not think that we the public is that stupid
Green
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Fri Aug 20, 2004 4:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

tvaughan wrote:
It seems that all the documents are being used through Photoshop as well.

This isn't proof of anything, but Photoshop is a really slow way to simply scan a document. They had to be altering them at least a little. Why else use photoshop? I hope they were just doing touch-ups to make them more readable and distribution friendly.

I think you are right to be cautious about this. I find those docs hard to read. They could have been using a Photoshop filter in an attempt to sharpen the text.

Also, my wife worked for a long time at an ad company with graphic designers. Photoshop was one of the swiss army knife programs that they used for everything -- even if there was a more efficient program. I could imagine a designer on staff using the program just because the program was already open when someone stopped by with the request and they knew they could knock it out in a couple seconds.

So while there are many possibilities, I agree with you that many of the plausible ones are benign.

Now -- let's see the campaign try to alter the Senate hearing footage being used in the new ad. Amazing what the Dem's Hollywood buddies can do with film nowadays. Pretty soon they'll have him saying to the Senate: "I gladly accept this Medal of Honor for the splinters I bravely extracted from the paw of VC, my beloved dog, while under a hail of enemy fire..."
neverforget
Vice Admiral

PostPosted: Fri Aug 20, 2004 9:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

His campaign's purpose for putting up documents on the website is to see if they are accepted for awhile, and then if not, they are taken down and re-writes are substituted. Then the changes and inconsistencies cannot be kept track of by most people who don't know how or don't have enough time to maintain a file library of cached web sites. I'm both. This is why no hard copies of original documents are provided to the press; which President Bush did provide.

I think that the following is occurring:

1. Original over-reliance on Kerry's "war diaries" and Brinkley's "Tour of Duty;"
2. Belief in a serial liar;
3. His supporters are believers in totalitarian thought processes and activities, and are willing to do anything to service that cause.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Resources & Research All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: