SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Swiftboat Vets: Republicans AND Democrats
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Resources & Research
View previous topic :: View next topic  
usa1
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Sat Aug 21, 2004 4:18 pm    Post subject: Swiftboat Vets: Republicans AND Democrats Reply with quote

I remember reading Kerry claimed that the Swiftboat Veterans For Truth are just a group used by Bush to attack Kerry. I also remember reading that there are Democrats in the membership as well. A good ad would be to show the public that the group is made up of both Democrats and Republicans. That would give even more credability to what the group is saying. Wink
LewWaters
Admin

PostPosted: Sat Aug 21, 2004 4:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

All anyone has to do is look at John O'Neill. His donations to the Democrats over the past 15 years have been almost double of that he gave Republicans.

However, bear in mind, this isn't about Democrat or Republican, it's about John Kerry's unfitness to serve as the Commander in Chief. If he were a Republican, the same things would be coming out and would be being said.

The groups credibility doesn't come from party affiliation, it comes from deep seated personal convictions.
concerned_voter
Former Member

PostPosted: Sat Aug 21, 2004 5:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

In fact O'Neil has stated that he voted for Gore in 2000 and he was backing Edwards campaign for President this year.

The strength of this group is staying focused on Kerry and not drag party politics into the forum. It disturbs me when I see posts labeling all Democrats as Communists. That is the same thing as labeling all Republicans as John Birchers or Neo-Nazi skin heads.

Lets stay focused on exposing Kerry for his inconsistencies, poor leadership record, and his actual misdeeds.

There are other forums that political party debates can occur.

Lets keep this site focused. Let move on and some of the other wacko websites fry themselves as a 527 organization by getting too political.
mcknz
Lt.Jg.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 22, 2004 8:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree that the Swift Boats Vets who are not Republicans, especially John O'Neill, need to make that very clear to the media. The Kerry supporters will be very successful in portraying them as right-wing zealots if they don't. They have been portraying O'Neill as a hatchet man sent out by Nixon himself. Even though political affliations don't matter as to the character of John Kerry, it does matter in the way the media works today. It will greatly strenghten the Swift Boat Vets position if some of them can come out first with the fact that the are Democrats and then discuss the character issues about Kerry.
Wing Wiper
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Sun Aug 22, 2004 9:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree that having some registered Democratic or Independent representation that can be produced would help. Deprive them of that bullet as soon as they try to use it. If I was a registered Democrat I would send my name in for you to use. Sorry I can't do that. They most likely have a good idea already, and won't try and bring it up in a forum where they can be shot down in flames, but you never know, they're pretty desperate at this point.
Navy_Navy_Navy
Admin

PostPosted: Sun Aug 22, 2004 2:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Because this is a site that will primarily interest veterans, who are largely conservative, the majority of participants are probably Republican.

But, we also have Democrats, Greens, Libertarians, Constitutionalists and Independents.

All people who support Swifts are welcome and appreciated. This is not a partisan thing, it's a personal thing.

John Kerry made it personal 30+ years ago and he continues to do so, today.

That's the focus. Wink
ETEE
Ensign

PostPosted: Sun Aug 22, 2004 5:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I live in Louisiana. I probably vote for as many Democrats as Republicans. At least until John Kerry came along. Being a Navy Vietnam"Era"Veteran that suffered a "bad experience" upon my Homecoming, I harbor an excessive abundance of animosity toward "Mr." Kerry. I probably would have been voting for Joe Leiberman. As it is, I will be voting a streight Elephant ticket and the Donkey be damned.

Come to think of it, I wonder if my attitude is prevalent and will reflect in an increase of Republican Senators and Congressman because of the backlash? Curious thought.
zinfella
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Sun Aug 22, 2004 6:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What is relevant here is that the Dems have become the party of the far left extremists. Their support base is made of the hate America crowd, and those that are willing to say or do anything to defeat Dubya. Even those moederate Dems, that wouldn't ordinairily be found among the "DYKES ON BIKES", or environmentalist "WHACKO" crowd, are letting themselves be herded into service for a proven liar, whose record after Viet Nam is really all most would need to give him a well deserved boot.

The difference here is that the "WEASEL" Kerry, dumped on the entire military with his VVAW actions and words. That includes military group includes people of all political persuasions. Now we add to that Kerry's "STOLEN VALOR", and it becomes more than honorable folks can stand or allow. In this effort to rid ourselves of John F-ing Kerry, we are united without regard to politics. We cannot have a President, much less a CIC, that sullies the name of the US military. Bill Clinton was more than enough in filling that post, and we sure a hell don't need another.
Heath Hunnicutt
Former Member

PostPosted: Sun Aug 22, 2004 7:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

LewWaters wrote:
All anyone has to do is look at John O'Neill. His donations to the Democrats over the past 15 years have been almost double of that he gave Republicans.

I would have a hard time believing that a person who gives to both sides is really a member of either party. That guy sounds like an Independent, at most.

Now if you came up with a group member who was in favor of universal health care and otherwise would be voting Kerry, I would be impressed!

The simple fact is that Navy_Navy_Navy highlights -- people who choose to serve tend to be conservatives and veterans tend to be conservatives. There is actually a political bias going on here, and denying it is just fake.

If there weren't a bias, posters to this board would be equally interested in "exploring" George Bush's record, but for that topic this community has a "read no evil" outlook.

Admin note:

Whether a participant in this discussion of John Kerry's unfitness for office is biased or not is irrelevant to the purpose of this forum.

This forum was designed to facilitate the discussion of the Swift Boat Veterans For Truth strong conviction that John Kerry is unfit to serve as Commander-In-Chief.

You may, indeed, be biased on behalf of John Kerry. That does not preclude your ability to engage in his defense.

If, however, your defense of John Kerry can only be couched in rhetoric denigrating the fitness of another candidate, then I suggest you find another venue for that expression.

Thank you,

Admin
zinfella
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Sun Aug 22, 2004 8:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

"Now if you came up with a group member who was in favor of universal health care and otherwise would be voting Kerry, I would be impressed!"

Why would anyone here be interested in impressing you?

"The simple fact is that Navy_Navy_Navy highlights -- people who choose to serve tend to be conservatives and veterans tend to be conservatives. There is actually a political bias going on here, and denying it is just fake."

Oh, I see, it's not OK for conservatives to point out liars like John F-ing Kerry, only liberals are allowed to do that. And in a master stroke of double standards, libs can say anything they like about anyone they like. Are you gonna tell us that John F-ing Kerry's backers are not biased?

"If there weren't a bias, posters to this board would be equally interested in "exploring" George Bush's record, but for that topic this community has a "read no evil" outlook.[/quote]"

Look, if you have some evidence, show it. Put up, or shut up. Dubya's record has been gone over by the best that the left could find, and there's nothing there that's worth commenting on. Dubya's records have been released. How about John F-ing Kerry's? Who has wrapped himself in the cloak of a "war hero"? Who won't provide the evidence to back his claims?

Am I a conservative? Damn right, so what? That doesn't invalidate my vote, or my right to call John F-ing Kerry a low life. You can can dish it out, but you can't take it. The Swiftees have the goods on John F-ing Kerry, and his words and actions are proving it. Ban the book, intimidate those who are running the Swiftees ad, attack their character, but whatever you do, don't provide any evidence to address the issues. Get a life!
Heath Hunnicutt
Former Member

PostPosted: Sun Aug 22, 2004 10:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

zinfella wrote:
"Now if you came up with a group member who was in favor of universal health care and otherwise would be voting Kerry, I would be impressed!"

Why would anyone here be interested in impressing you?

Maybe impress was the wrong word. Maybe I meant convinced. Because if this group isn't trying to convince the world of something, I'll eat my shorts.

Am I convinced that there is one single democrat in this group? Absolutely not.

Does it matter whether there is one single real Democrat in this group? It does if you are going to claim this group is not political.

zinfella wrote:

Look, if you have some evidence, show it. Put up, or shut up. Dubya's record has been gone over by the best that the left could find, and there's nothing there that's worth commenting on. Dubya's records have been released. How about John F-ing Kerry's? Who has wrapped himself in the cloak of a "war hero"? Who won't provide the evidence to back his claims?

Actually, you are welcome to look at the calendar I have compiled:
http://ofbnet/~bushsr/

It takes some setting up to deal with my page, but once you have the viewer loaded, all the research is right there for you.
Navy_Navy_Navy
Admin

PostPosted: Sun Aug 22, 2004 10:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Heath Hunnicutt wrote:

If there weren't a bias, posters to this board would be equally interested in "exploring" George Bush's record, but for that topic this community has a "read no evil" outlook.

If you believe that, then you are missing the point of the board.

The main purpose of this board is to support the Swifts' message, discuss Swifts' news, debunk the claims from the Kerry Kamp and to support the Swifts.

It would not matter who was President.
Heath Hunnicutt
Former Member

PostPosted: Sun Aug 22, 2004 10:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Navy_Navy_Navy wrote:

The main purpose of this board is to support the Swifts' message, discuss Swifts' news, debunk the claims from the Kerry Kamp and to support the Swifts.

Perhaps I am missing the point of this group. I thought part of the purpose was to establish the credibility of the Swift Boat Veterans.

The swift veterans will seem more credible if they are able to demonstrate that they aren't a political organization.

I see people on this board debating the merits of data to do with PCF-94 vs. PCF-3. Who was on what boat? Was a wound deliberately self-inflicted, or self-inflicted during the chaos of real battle? Which boat hit a mine, how did the electrical system become damaged, did he really turn toward the attack???

All of these events occurred during battle, people. Why people have different stories about who fell off what boat, and what time of day the shrapnel entered Kerry's buttocks is simple: it was battle.

It was chaos. They filled the reports out later.

Edited by Moderator: Off topic.

Last edited by Heath Hunnicutt on Sun Aug 22, 2004 10:37 pm; edited 1 time in total
carpro
Admin

PostPosted: Sun Aug 22, 2004 10:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote="Heath Hunnicutt"]
Navy_Navy_Navy wrote:

All of these events occurred during battle, people. Why people have different stories about who fell off what boat, and what time of day the shrapnel entered Kerry's buttocks is simple: it was battle.[quote]

So tell us Heath, do you have a lot of experience in that area?
Navy_Navy_Navy
Admin

PostPosted: Sun Aug 22, 2004 10:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I stated the purpose of this board.

The credibility of the Swifts speaks for itself and stands on its own merits.

We have participants from all parties and political ideologies here. Please read a little more and you will see many who will tell you that they are Democrats or Constitutionalists or Greens.

What the participants on this board have in common in the main is a complete and utter disdain for this chameleon Senator who has wrapped himself in the shield of 14 weeks in Vietnam and then conveniently forgets that he spent more than eight times as long as an anti-war activist and slanderer of soldiers.

I could have supported a President Lieberman wholeheartedly, but his party threw him under the bus.

Now, we're stuck with this chameleon traitor.

Personally, I will never forgive or forget. And my four voting children will not, either.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Resources & Research All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: