SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Lawyers Needed - Class Action Lawsuit against Kerry?
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Resources & Research
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Mustang
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Sat Sep 18, 2004 11:35 am    Post subject: Lawyers Needed - Class Action Lawsuit against Kerry? Reply with quote

Given what seems to be a preponderance of evidence that Kerry has commited libel, slander, defamation of character, borderline treason and blatant falsehood - why has some attorney out there not launched a class action lawsuit against Kerry for these damages, and with the intent provide meaningful compensation for the whole of the Vietnam era vet group? If there ever seemed to be a situation where a class action lawsuit would be justifed, this seems to be it.
kate
Admin

PostPosted: Sat Sep 18, 2004 3:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
why has some attorney out there not launched a class action lawsuit against Kerry for these damages

An attorney acts on behalf of a client. Thus some Vets need to initiate the action, and need an attorney willing to pursue it, hopefully pro-bono.

Here's one noted conservative attorney to try, who is a known anti-Kerry >> Mark Levin of the Landmark Legal Foundation
http://mediamatters.org/items/200408160004
On the August 13 broadcast of his nightly WABC radio show, show host and Landmark Legal Foundation president Mark R. Levin compared Senator John Kerry (D-MA) to the notorious American Revolution traitor Benedict Arnold, arguing that military service does not make someone "presidential material."

http://www.disinfopedia.org/wiki.phtml?title=Landmark_Legal_Foundation
contact info here

A lawsuit on behalf of the Vets for defamation of character - -- would be one more nail in Kerry's politcal coffin
eliptak
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Sat Sep 18, 2004 9:33 pm    Post subject: I like this idea Reply with quote

I think a class action suit is a great idea.

Teresa has awfully deep pockets; some enterprising attorney should be willing to sue someone married to a billionaairess on behalf of 2+ million members of an affected class. Try multiplying the possible numbers and your calculator will "tilt."

If nothing else, it will make the $OB's life a little more miserable, which is exactly what he deserves.

As a matter of fact, if this thing could get going rapidly, it might be a great "October Surprise" and drown out Kerry's BS message for another month.

If some motivated attorney out there wants to get this going, I'm sure you could get a couple thousand lead plaintiffs on this site. I'd certainly volunteer.
1966-1967
Mustang
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Sun Sep 19, 2004 11:35 am    Post subject: Class action lawsuit against Kerry on behalf of all Viet Vet Reply with quote

Thanks to the two respondents - I wil attemt to draft a letter requesting that action and get it in the hands of Mr. Levin, or ask for a referral to someone else who might be interested in handling the case.
Vernon
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Tue Sep 21, 2004 10:50 pm    Post subject: Re: Class action lawsuit against Kerry on behalf of all Viet Reply with quote

Mustang wrote:
Thanks to the two respondents - I wil attemt to draft a letter requesting that action and get it in the hands of Mr. Levin, or ask for a referral to someone else who might be interested in handling the case.

While I was not in Vietnam, I served active duty from 1957 - 1965. ending with the 389th Combat Defense Squadron. I like the idea, and don't have much financially, but I will be more than happy to do what I can - and if other veterans would join, Skerry would be in for a rough ride. Razz
Mustang
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Wed Sep 22, 2004 12:31 am    Post subject: Class Action Lawsuit Reply with quote

The request for legal action was made via fax on 9/19 and certified letter on Monday, 9/20. Could be tilting at windmills with no hope of success, or ??
Navy_Navy_Navy
Admin

PostPosted: Wed Sep 22, 2004 1:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mustang, whichever way it goes, you did something. Good for you!

Got a retired mustang "era" vet here who may want to join any class action suit that comes up.

Good luck!
Stevie
Master Chief Petty Officer of the Navy

PostPosted: Wed Sep 22, 2004 4:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think it's great of ya'll to do this! I'm not a veteran or I'd join you... maybe I can just as an American - I'm sure subjected to cruel and unusual punishment - having to see his face on tv repeatedly! and listen to his lies ! There's probably a time limit on when it should have been filed.... but you won't know until you try!

keep us posted ! (pun)
be arrested, exiled or hanged.
rikkoshay
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Wed Sep 22, 2004 1:56 pm    Post subject: class action suit Reply with quote

I'm a vet, not 'Nam though. I'm contemplating going to the local VFW halls in the area to check out the lay of the land and see if I can drum up support or inform the un-informed. Good or bad idea? Also wonder about the local Veterans Home and some other assisted-living retirement homes. These may be other good places we can find support. Most of those guys don't have 'puter access/knowledge I bet, nor Fox, and I don't think the SWB ads air here (yet).

Any ideas on how to do this w/o getting my head shot off?
Mustang
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Fri Sep 24, 2004 3:33 pm    Post subject: Class Action Lawsuit against Kerry Reply with quote

The silence from the legal community in response to the request has been deafening. Have sent a .pdf copy of the request to another resource to ask if it has been worded correctly or if there are other problems that would inhibit a timely response to a letter sent both by fax and certified mail.
Mustang
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Mon Oct 04, 2004 11:14 pm    Post subject: Class Action Lawsuit against Kerry Reply with quote

For those watching, a copy of the request to the Landmark Legal Foundation was sent to Admiral Hoffman for professional information and background, and with the hope and expectation that additional leverage may be brought to bear very swiftly.
dusty
Admiral

PostPosted: Tue Oct 05, 2004 8:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am a vet and you can damn sure count me in. Let's get it on.
Every day that Kerry is out walking around free is an insult to every vet whose honor he walked on and vilified.
If anyone ever needed to be brought up on charges of treason, this man is it.
And to my simple little mind, the charge is already proven by Mr. Kerry's own words. Sworn testimony even. It shouldn't get much better than this to a trial lawyer.
A 'Slam Dunk' as it were.

Dusty
Misty
Lieutenant

PostPosted: Tue Oct 05, 2004 9:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would like to see a citizen's arrest of Kerry!
Brother was on the USS Regulus - Vietnam
Husband was AirForce 3rd (34th) Tactical Fighter Wing - Security Police Bien Hoa Vietnam
Mustang
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Wed Oct 06, 2004 12:32 am    Post subject: Class Action Lawsuit Against Kerry Reply with quote

With due respect to all, I printed a copy of this entire conversational thread and have faxed it to counsel, taking the opportunity and liberty of plagiarizing "Dusty's" words - "Let's get it on." One would hope the forthrightness of this request would not offend distinguished counsel, and would accelerate the effort and make the point.
dusty
Admiral

PostPosted: Wed Oct 06, 2004 12:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Way to go Mustang.
If it'll get this sucker in front of a jury, plagiarize the heck out of me.

Dusty
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Resources & Research All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: