SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Can someone track this down? Maybe another Kerry lie?
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Resources & Research
View previous topic :: View next topic  
rhv5862
PO2

PostPosted: Sat Aug 28, 2004 1:04 am    Post subject: Track this down Reply with quote

ASPM thanks never thought of that.

RHV
Jungle_rat
Lt.Jg.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 28, 2004 1:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Probably the pin is titanium or Stainless Steel which is non-ferrous.

Stainless steel is a ferrous alloy which may or may not be attracted by a magnetic field depending on the specific alloy.
Stevie
Master Chief Petty Officer of the Navy

PostPosted: Sat Aug 28, 2004 6:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

markasass

I've noticed BOR's strange attitude regarding the swiftvets also. He says "Rassman's a retired CA policeman' like that means he can't lie.... I've got news for BOR, CA PD, sheriffs, marshalls are just normal people (usually) - I've worked with them and yes, they can lie!

Rassman wouldn't have died if Kerry hadn't picked him up... another boat was within seconds of picking him up....

and I'm wondering how much Rassman and the others' bank accts will inflate after the election .... or cash 'under the table' from Teresa.... I also think she should have to show her tax returns because she donates so much to environmental operations and several are coming out strong against Bush... including Bobby Kennedy...
thegunnerswife
Seaman Apprentice

PostPosted: Sat Aug 28, 2004 6:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jungle_rat wrote:
Quote:
Probably the pin is titanium or Stainless Steel which is non-ferrous.

Stainless steel is a ferrous alloy which may or may not be attracted by a magnetic field depending on the specific alloy.

My husband just had a lumbar fusion and I know he has titanium in him. He must have Stainless Steel too because they will be doing another MRI on him.

I would hope the Naval Hospital would know whether or not they should or could do it. Hmmmm......

This post is VERY confusing. I'm learning a bit about MRI's and Shrapnel - but where Kerry is concerned - this post is CONFUSING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
markasass
Lt.Jg.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 28, 2004 7:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

thegunnerswife,

I posted this originally, but tend to agree with you that this is more an MRI and shrapnel primer (which I enjoyed learning about).

The original point was to question Kerry's veracity, i.e., was he going around claiming he had so much shrapnel in his body that he couldn't be MRI'ed ("I'm a war hero with so much 'lead' still in me it affects my hospital treatment - look-at-me, look-at-me, I'm Rambo", etc.) or, in fact, he didn't really have any shrapnel, so he could be MRI'ed just fine and was, consequently, surprise, surprise, embellishing, prevaricating, and lying yet again.

Administrator and/or Moderators, as this probably doesn't belong in the SBVT subject area, would you please move this topic thread to either the Resources & Research or Geedunk & Scuttlebutt subject areas, or delete altogether, if appropriate. Thank you.

PS: I would move this topic thread myself, as I understand how busy you are doing such a great job running the Forum, but I don't know how to. Sorry.

"Do all the good you can. By all the means you can. In all the ways you can. In all the places you can. To all the people you can. As long as you ever can." - Wesley
Jungle_rat
Lt.Jg.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 28, 2004 8:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Rassman wouldn't have died if Kerry hadn't picked him up... another boat was within seconds of picking him up....

THAT is a very good observation I haven't seen commented on. He must have been bobbing around in the water for 10-20 minutes....and for all we know was in shallow water where he could touch bottom. Hardly "saving his life" IMHO.....and certainly not if there was no enemy fire.

The guys on the other boats may have seen him and decided he could wait while they tended to the sinking boat and injured crewmen.

Would be interested in learning from those who were there whether they felt Rassman's life was in danger.
Robert Cooper
Lt.Jg.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 28, 2004 8:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's a good catch! Alot of you people have a good investigative mind!

Upon reading the transcripts of the Congressional Hearing of 1971 - something just jumped out at me which caused me to focus less on Kerry's words - but, also those of the Senators who questioned him.

It appears that someone of Kerry's character was precisely what this Committee needed and I am becoming convinced that the whole hearing was premeditated, rehearsed and delivered with the thrust of the media.

Read: http://www2.swiftvets.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=6129
carpro
Admin

PostPosted: Sat Aug 28, 2004 8:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wolfgang wrote:
ASPB wrote:
Ok, The leg wound was supposedly caused by a CHICOM RPG. The casing of a RPG is aluminum. Shrapnel caused a RPG strike would include hull or deckhouse metal from the PCF which is also aluminum.

Excellent points.

Though we all know why you put "supposedly" there. It'd be interesting to know what the rice bins were made of. Wood?

I wouldn't expect an MD to have any idea WHAT MATERIAL shrapnel was made of and would err on the side of caution.

It is doubtful anyone knows for sure what the metal in Kerry's thigh is and a doctor WOULD NOT guess.

I know there are doctors posting here. What say you?
buffman
LCDR

PostPosted: Sat Aug 28, 2004 9:47 pm    Post subject: secret VC weapon Reply with quote

Rice shrapnel!
simonx
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Sun Aug 29, 2004 2:12 am    Post subject: Are we really sure that he got the MRI? Reply with quote

Are we really sure that he got the MRI?

All that I've ever seen about it is the original post where the poster quotes what someone else on another message board heard.

Not very reliable.
Before I go and post something about this MRI thing on a nother web site. I want to know for sure that he actually had one.
I hate looking like a fool.

sincerely
simonX
rb325th
Admiral

PostPosted: Sun Aug 29, 2004 2:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have no idea if he had an MRI after his bike accident here in Massachussets, as I recall the accident was minor in nature. he did have shoulder surgerey later, but I do not think he had an MRI then,
Ok this is back open (for now anyhow). I do not want to be in the rumor buisness so unless someone can state that Kerry has had an MRI, or that his fragment is of non-metal material, this should not be seen as anything but conjecture for now. Just a big "I wonder if"
In other words you use it elsewhere, there is nothing her to back it up at all, so do so at your own risk.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Resources & Research All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: