SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Lipscomb: Kerry Discharge questioned by JAG Officer
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Resources & Research
View previous topic :: View next topic  
1AD
Lt.Jg.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 01, 2004 9:11 pm    Post subject: ID Cards Reply with quote

Air vet wrote:
Quote:

I want to believe in the Lipson article but.... the key points are circumstantial and not proven.

I just reread (again) all the JK documents related to his discharge and it hit me!

Paragraphy 3 of the 13 Jul 78 ltr (Acceptance of resignation/discharge from the Naval Reserve) states "You are requested to rerturn your identification card to this command for proper disposition." Do any of us think he would still have an ID card if he had been given a OTH discharge three years earlier?

We (this forum) need to be very careful - we don't want to "pull a CBS" on this issue. We must stick to facts that can be proven!

Yes he could still have the identification card. They may have asked for it when he initially left, he said he didn't have it and several years later someone going through a file asked for it again. Simple bureaucratic inertia. Happens a lot with civilians except with civilians they do not usually ask for them more than once or twice and if not returned well so be it. As for military I have known former military who were caught and charged with unauthorized possession of military (government) id cards. They were caught because they tried to use them to purchase items at a PX or commissary and someone fortuitously recognized/realized they should not have possessed the card.
jwb7605
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Mon Nov 01, 2004 9:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

lewisge wrote:
peach:

Kerry has been saying that Bush is going to reinstate the draft if re-elected.

Kerry may actually HAVE to try and get Congress to re-instate it, because people will refuse to serve under him and will retire, resign or not re-up.

At best, my prediction is the recruitment figures would probably tank. Not good considering we are at war. People want to follow a decisive, supportive leader.

I'm in 'military support group' ... one of the parents has a son who is starting the process of officer training.
I'm led to believe this process stops abruptly if Kerry is elected (his choice).
My son is currently (USMC) in Japan. The guys he's with can't believe Kerry even has a chance.

Kerry would probably just end up 'cutting government spending', in the same manner Bill Clinton did ... reduce the military. I can't see him re-instating the draft, since he's on record in favor of appeasing Iraq and holding 'one-one-one' talks with North Korea (which means appeasing). I believe North Korea has demanded we sign a declaration promising no military action against them, and the election of Kerry will go quite far in helping quash the student activism in Iran. If he ever advocated a draft, even the MSM would resurrect his (well-spoken) dope-smoking, long-haired, maggot-infested protest days.
If both those things are accomplished, we wouldn't need much of a military for 4-5 years. After that, we'd need to double the size of it.
lewisge
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Mon Nov 01, 2004 9:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jwb7605...

You are probably right on the timing. Kerry would certainly attempt to gut the military... not sure the Republican majority in Congress would allow it, though. Actually.... it would probably be legislative gridlock for 4 years.

But, what I was saying was more what I perceive as the sentiment of a lot of active duty and reserve military folks I know, because they know Kerry's background.

Let's just hope this discussion is moot after tomorrow and remains theoretical.
jwb7605
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Mon Nov 01, 2004 9:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sometimes I hate it when (if) I'm right. Razz
granny23
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Mon Nov 01, 2004 9:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Isn't the information in the locked topic entitled < More on Kerry's discharge > new information? I don't think that is in the Lipscomb article, but I may be wrong.
peach
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Mon Nov 01, 2004 9:54 pm    Post subject: Don't know why this posted twice Reply with quote

duplicate post
________
Hot Box Vape

Last edited by peach on Mon Feb 28, 2011 10:56 am; edited 2 times in total
coolhand
PO3

PostPosted: Mon Nov 01, 2004 9:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

peach wrote:
I am using my daughter's screen name. I am in Md visiting from Arizona.
Today, my daughter and I drove her car through the main streets of Annapolis with the following sign taped to the back of her window: "KERRY IS A TRAITOR!" How can we get the attention of the people of the United States? Why is the FOX NETWORK not picking this up and running with it?
I have spent 22 years in the USAF and do not understand how a traitor,
a subhuman, can have the power to deceive the populace. If he is elected, I will never call him my president. I hope that all military leaders and all enlisted personnel will hand in their resignations and/or not reenlist.

Bill Clinton taught them well. In a world without bloggers, Drudge, Fox and talk radio, the MSM in 1992 got the people to believe the past doesnt matter. That is legacy of Bill Clinton the 1992 election. Communism, rape, treason, subversion meant nothing. Poor old GHW Bush was left to fend against the wolves by himself. I pray his son can redeem him.
dcrhere
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Mon Nov 01, 2004 10:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Chuck54 posted this in another thread, which was promptly locked. I think it could be kinda huge:

Quote:
Just got this email from Jack Wheeler of tothepoint news relating to Kerry's discharge.

Hope its not a duplicate thread, if so fire away!!

<br><br>A TO THE POINT HEADS-UP<br><br>I had a conversation with Bill Middendorf earlier today. Bill was the Secretary of the Navy from April 1974 to January 1978. I got to know Bill well when he was Ronald Reagan\'s Ambassador to the OAS and we worked together on support for the Contras.<br><br>Bill has agreed to publicly state that to the best of his knowledge and recollection, John Kerry was dishonorably discharged from the military and fought to have this reversed while he (Bill)was SECNAV, which Bill of course refused to do. When Carter became president, Kerry secured the honorable discharge from Bill\'s successor.<br><br>The OTH (Other Than Honorable)discharge story has been out for a while, but for a former Secretary of the Navy to confirm it is major news. WorldNetDaily will be headlining it, as should the Washington Times tomorrow, and possibly Drudge. For some reason, Drudge, whom Jerry Corsi (coauthor of Unfit for Command) just talked to a few minutes!
ago, is resisting. I also gave the story to Neal Cavuto at Fox.<br><br>I thought all TTPers should get a heads-up on this.<br><br>Jack Wheeler<br><br><b>To The Point</b> - The Oasis for Rational Conservatives. <a href="http://www.tothepointnews.com">http://www.tothepointnews.com</a>
army72
Seaman

PostPosted: Mon Nov 01, 2004 10:13 pm    Post subject: Re: For the sake of America Reply with quote

Truegrit wrote:
For the sake of our nation, I hope that one of those individuals privy to the original discharge status of John Kerry will step forward and do his or her duty to the nation, by disclosing what they know -- the direct knowledge they have -- of Kerry's first discharge and whether his meetings with the enemy, in Paris, were involved in determining his discharge status.

I'm doubtful that the liberal media will pick up on this issue, because they have bought into the Big Lie of the Kerry campaign -- coordinating to help boost his electoral chances. (Look at NYT and CBS communicating on the Iraqi missing arms story! The new Yellow Journalism of the MSM).

That is the really big issue. They coordinated a story strictly planned to hurt Bush, Kerry conveniently just happens to have 2 ads ready withing hours of the breaking big story. I think they released it too soon and it was quickly proven false but are we seeing the backlash? Not a bit!!!

They really have no penalty to pay for their yellow journalism. They know they can get away with it since nobody is calling them on it. NBC exposed the story but little has been done exposing both ABC and CBS of yet another direct attack on the president. It doesn't matter if the charges are proven false, the damage is done. that is their only concern.

Expect one last shot. Maybe tonight, maybe tomorrow morning. The wilder the better in their eyes.
DoGooder
Lt.Jg.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 01, 2004 10:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Did you see this yet?

http://worldnetdaily.com/news/article.asp?ARTICLE_ID=41230

Ex-Navy sec to Kerry:
Open up your records
Questions rise on service discharge,
apparently was less-than-honorable

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Posted: November 1, 2004
1:00 a.m. Eastern

By Art Moore
© 2004 WorldNetDaily.com

A former secretary of the Navy is urging Sen. John Kerry to open up his personnel files to resolve the question of whether the Democratic presidential nominee received a less-than-honorable discharge from the Navy.

William Middendorf, the Navy chief from 1974 to 1977, told WorldNetDaily that Kerry, who began inactive reserve status in 1972, would have been issued a document three years later either for a reserve reaffiliation or a separation discharge.

An "honorable discharge" from 1978 appears on the Kerry campaign's website, but a Navy lawyer who served under Middendorf believes that document is a substitute for one that would have been issued in 1975.
2ndamendsis
PO3

PostPosted: Mon Nov 01, 2004 10:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kerry's step-son is on tape, on the MSM stating that, "if it's necessary, yes, they'll have to use the draft" {paraphrasing}

They interviewed him on a college campus this past week. I was amazed that not a soul picked it up in the media.
Jo Baker
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Mon Nov 01, 2004 10:36 pm    Post subject: Double check on this...verify it... Reply with quote

Please verify the below if possible. I've been in touch with some bloggers who have been spammed by Kerry-cronies trying to delute this topic (discharge story). It would not be beyond the Kerry Creeps to try to get someone from this site to spread something unknowingly which could be refuted. My main concern here (and I truly do not mean to offend anyone) is the Jack Wheeler/To The Point News connection. Some might view that as a questionable source.

I know you guys don't know me from Adam... Embarassed ..this is my first post...I'm just saying be careful. I HOPE THIS NEWS IS TRUE! Very Happy

Regards,

Carol J. Baker (Jo)

dcrhere wrote:
Chuck54 posted this in another thread, which was promptly locked. I think it could be kinda huge:

Quote:
Just got this email from Jack Wheeler of tothepoint news relating to Kerry's discharge.

Hope its not a duplicate thread, if so fire away!!

<br><br>A TO THE POINT HEADS-UP<br><br>I had a conversation with Bill Middendorf earlier today. Bill was the Secretary of the Navy from April 1974 to January 1978. I got to know Bill well when he was Ronald Reagan\'s Ambassador to the OAS and we worked together on support for the Contras.<br><br>Bill has agreed to publicly state that to the best of his knowledge and recollection, John Kerry was dishonorably discharged from the military and fought to have this reversed while he (Bill)was SECNAV, which Bill of course refused to do. When Carter became president, Kerry secured the honorable discharge from Bill\'s successor.<br><br>The OTH (Other Than Honorable)discharge story has been out for a while, but for a former Secretary of the Navy to confirm it is major news. WorldNetDaily will be headlining it, as should the Washington Times tomorrow, and possibly Drudge. For some reason, Drudge, whom Jerry Corsi (coauthor of Unfit for Command) just talked to a few minutes!
ago, is resisting. I also gave the story to Neal Cavuto at Fox.<br><br>I thought all TTPers should get a heads-up on this.<br><br>Jack Wheeler<br><br><b>To The Point</b> - The Oasis for Rational Conservatives. <a href="http://www.tothepointnews.com">http://www.tothepointnews.com</a>
grumpyBB
Lt.Jg.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 01, 2004 10:46 pm    Post subject: Re: Double check on this...verify it... Reply with quote

Jo Baker wrote:
Please verify the below if possible.
read this:
http://www2.swiftvets.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=15732
jwb7605
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Mon Nov 01, 2004 10:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jo --
You're not offending anybody.
I take that back. You might be offending somebody, but not me.

I'd not heard of this man, so I'm waiting for the public testimony.

If I actually hear the testimony, I'll be tempted to pony up the 10 bucks a month he wants for a newsletter.

"Welcome aboard", though. Very Happy
Jo Baker
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Mon Nov 01, 2004 11:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks jwb7605...happy to be aboard! Very Happy
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Resources & Research All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Page 6 of 7

Jump to: