SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

IMUS says "It's over

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt
View previous topic :: View next topic  
CTW
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Wed Sep 22, 2004 12:25 pm    Post subject: IMUS says "It's over Reply with quote

Imus says, "It's over". Anyone watch? Missed it but my mom called about it. Some interesting news. But KEEP UP ALL YOUR EFFORTS TO KEEP THE MESSAGE OUT THERE. My family doubled our votes this election 2 now 4 for President Bush! (How do kids get this old?) CTW

Never Ever Kerry
Chuck Z Ombie AC2000
LCDR

PostPosted: Wed Sep 22, 2004 12:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Whats over? and what did Imus break?
JCBoston
Seaman

PostPosted: Wed Sep 22, 2004 1:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, a little more info please?
jataylor11
Vice Admiral

PostPosted: Wed Sep 22, 2004 1:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I stopped listening/watching Imus. I could not take the constant kissing of Kerry's lying a*s.

But I disagree, it is not over until November 2nd/3rd when Kerry says

"I have failed to understand the damage and harm I have caused with my actions, with my words. Over the last 35 years I failed to grasp the enormity of my harm. For this I am humbly sorry. I ask for the forgiveness of those I have harm. I apologize to the Swift Boat Veterans for the harm I did. I am truly sorry. I apology to all Vietnam Veterans for the lies I spoke about them. I am truly sorry. I apologize to the POWs and MIAs for the harm done them because of my actions. I am truly sorry. I apologize to the families of the POWs and MIAs who did not make it home, I acknowledge and accept that my actions caused their blood to be on my hands. I am truly sorry. I apologize to the families of all Veterans for the harm my actions have caused them. I am truly sorry.
I apologize to all the people of Southeast Asia, the Vietnamese, Cambodians, Laotions I now understand that my actions have caused them untold misery, hardship, and death. I am truly sorry.

I apologize to the American people for the harms my actions have caused. I apologize to the American people for robbing them of a true choice in this election because of my insane childish ambition to be President of the United States while having nothing to offer in return.

I hereby resign from the seat in the United States Senate. I hereby turn over all of my personal property to a charitable organization to help those who I have harmed. I will spend the rest of my life visiting each person of this country and then the world to apologize to them individually and in person. "

Okay -- it is a fantasy --- but a girl needs dreams.
CTW
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Wed Sep 22, 2004 2:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Right on jajtaylor. Re: IMUS: he reportedly was saying in his contact with "important people" don't know who that is, mom said something about news people?, that the Kerry campaign was a wash out and Kerry was done. None of this is verbatim as I didn't hear it. It was just interesting. I think Imus just said he was for Kerry to have a hook for his show the past few months.. just IMHO.. this isn't all that important/relevant just a little interest. CTW

Never Ever Kerry
coolhand
PO3

PostPosted: Wed Sep 22, 2004 3:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Imus had Howard Fineman from Newsweek this morning. Fineman is no conservative and he said it could be a landlslide for Bush. Both ridiculed Kerry (even though Imus stated his support for him a number of times) for his stance on Iraq. Imus said Kerry has to do two things: 1) keep the ketchup thing and 2) get reelected in the Senate because its over. Didnt say whom, but said he believes its over because important news people are telling him that behind the scene. Fineman suggested that newspeople didnt know anything. Imus point was that if they think its over they wont risk their professional credibilty pulling for Kerry. He suggested that the media was behind Kerry, but now they dont think he can win they will be less inclined to slant the news because it wont have an impact on the overall outcome.
Bystander
PO3

PostPosted: Wed Sep 22, 2004 3:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think Imus is a slimmed down version of Michael Moron. Gave up years ago on trying to make sense of his ramblings. (They BOTH need haircuts!)
coolhand
PO3

PostPosted: Wed Sep 22, 2004 3:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh yeah - one more thing - Imus lambasted Newsweek and Fineman for the 1992 Newsweek cover on Bush with the famous "Wimp" factor heading. Started talking about how Bush was shot down over the Pacific. Really drilled him. Fineman admitted that it was wrong. It was great to hear another MSM source admit its liberal bias.

I cant listen to Imus much. His support of Kerry is sickening. I dont think he is a liberal. I just think he positions himself to get interviews with the elite poltical D.C. crowd which tends to be liberal.
CTW
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Wed Sep 22, 2004 7:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Coolhand for some detail. Smile cTW

Never Ever Kerry
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: