SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

General McPeak, good riddance
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Righteous
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Tue Sep 21, 2004 12:26 am    Post subject: General McPeak, good riddance Reply with quote

Retired General McPeak is supporting Kerry and guess what before Kerry he supported Dean!!!

what is up with this guy, I am in the USAF now and was in when he was chief of staff, we all thought he had it up and locked back then

he did more damage to the USAF than any enemy we have ever had, and we are still recovering from his utter lack of leadership

Any of you out there ever dealt with him?

for my part, I am glad that he supports Kerry it proves that he is a complete numbskull
2ndamendsis
PO3

PostPosted: Tue Sep 21, 2004 12:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well said, Righteous!

Mad We've heard about McPeak and his politically correct Air Force.

Glad you hung in there....we need you now!! Thanx for your service Very Happy
noMOass
Former Member

PostPosted: Tue Sep 21, 2004 1:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I remember him, I served during the early nineties. Seems like he did some pretty stupid uniform changes about that time.

Am I right?

Yes he is a *****. One of my fellow airmen, who was actually known for being sharp, got in trouble because his picky pristine pansy ass thought he didnt get saluted.
MACVJOE
Ensign

PostPosted: Tue Sep 21, 2004 2:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sure wish I had a email address for him. Got a letter I would like to send to him

Sir, I am a retired Army Officer. I began my career in the Army as a private in 1966.I rose in rank to Sgt E5 then went to OCS in 1967. I request assignment to Vietnam in 1968. After attending Vietanese language school, I served as an advisor in the Delta in 1969. After returning from Nam I was assigned to APG, MD. In 1971 I went to DC to visit Branch Assignment Officer and go to Walter Reed. I was there 3 days after Ltjg Kerry Us Naval Reserves threw his metals or some bodies metals away or was it his ribbons??????Walking down the street in uniform a City Bus passed me and someone called me a ******* BABY KILLER and spat on me. As part of my assignment, I was on TDY over 50% of the time in 1971 and 72. I can not count the number of times I was treated with disrespect and disgust because I was in uniform travel in and out of airports. Sir I have traveled through out Europe, Asia, and Southeast Asia in uniform. I can say I was always treated with respect in other countries. The ONLY place I was ever shown disrespect was in the US and the worst was in DC. In 1972 the Army sent me to college for 2 years. There was a large group of VVAW at my college. I had to hide the fact I was military. I said all of this to give you some background on me.

Sir, I am sure you know about John Kerry and his actions upon returning from Nam. I know you know about his trip (s) to Paris France dealing with our enemy. About his organization ties to the communist party, that The Vietcong and NVA credit the anti war movement of VVAW for their victory, that J Kerry's picture is hanging in a place of honor in a Museum in Saigon. That one of his advisors just returned from living five years in Hanoi, that his winter soldier testimony was based on lies. I also know that J Kerry has not sponsored ONE piece of legislation that has supported Vets or the military. And someone that obtained your rank surely knows that his Vietnam stories are full of lies. That he has told so many lies he can not even remember them. His PH are bogus, His SS is Bogus.

Then I see you endorsing this Attack on the Texas Air National Guard and President Bush. How can YOU a 4 Star Air Force Officer allow people to disgrace the Texas Guard and those assigned to it. You also know that G W Bush was on active duty in the Air Force for 120 days for training. Every time one of those attack ads come up its trying to Smear the President, But it is also SMEARING THE GUARD and THOSE who serve. You got a problem with his points and paid drills check with the Guard. You also know, that drug testing did not start till late 76, and it was random, not part of physical. You know that the Guard was switching planes in 1973 and there was to many pilots

Are you that dissatisfied with President Bush and Rumsfield , that you are supporting a man that provided aid and comfort to our enemy. He disgraced 2.5 million vets and said that there was some 58,000 baby killer, rapists,and murders on the WALL.

Sir with all respect, how can a man who wore a uniform, support a MAN who has spent the last 35 years tearing down the military?

ashter
Seaman

PostPosted: Tue Sep 21, 2004 2:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sir with all respect, how can a man who wore a uniform, support a MAN
who has spent the last 35 years tearing down the military?

That's a good question....the problem with McPeak is that he is just like Kerry, he only cares about himself and his rise to power.

When I was stationed in TURKEY, after Gulf War I, (Desert Storm), he made a visit to our base immediately after the war ended. For those of you who don't know TURKEY's role in the war, the entire Northern Iraq fight was flown/supported by Incirlik TURKEY. We had a Composite unit that handled all northern ops.

Anyway, when he visited our unit, the ONLY thing he commented on was the fact that the picture we had hanging up of him was not the current one and that we needed to get the new one hung up.

Need I say more......
Navy_Navy_Navy
Admin

PostPosted: Tue Sep 21, 2004 2:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

There are some officers who are "politicians" from the time they are commissioned.

Always more concerned with the direction of their own career than with displaying any real loyalty to the people above or below him/her.

Especially below.

Real officers treat their subordinates with as much respect and concern as they treat their superiors.

Those are the real leaders. Those are the people whose opinions mean something to me. I don't guess I'm alone in that. Wink

Look no further than Kerry's handling of the sampan incident in which he screamed at Gardner for Kerry's own blunder. Gardner rightfully fired on someone who appeared to be readying to fire upon them. That right there tells you the kind of respect Kerry had for his men.

Why are we surprised thatClark and McPeak are coming out to support one of their own - a man of their own calibre? Wink
MJB
LCDR

PostPosted: Tue Sep 21, 2004 2:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Navy_Navy_Navy wrote:

Why are we surprised thatClark and McPeak are coming out to support one of their own - a man of their own calibre? Wink

Man, you hit it right on the head (so to speak....)!

I was in the AF under McPeak - what a self-centered, pompous twit!

Yes, he was the guy that brought us the "bus driver" uniforms, so universally unpopular. Self-centered and self-rightous. I have NO idea how he was selected as CSAF.
Theresa Alwood
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Tue Sep 21, 2004 3:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Those of us who were in the Air Force know what a a***...sorry idiot McPeak was then...just goes to show that people really do not change....so does not surprise me that he supports Kerry. I see he is still the idiot now.
DenisC
Seaman

PostPosted: Tue Sep 21, 2004 3:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If Kerry is elected, he could be SecDef.
DenisC
Seaman

PostPosted: Tue Sep 21, 2004 3:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is he one of the ones Rummy ran off?
MJB
LCDR

PostPosted: Tue Sep 21, 2004 3:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Maybe Secretary of Agriculture...y'know...Agriculture...
ashter
Seaman

PostPosted: Tue Sep 21, 2004 3:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's what I'm scared of.

The only positive thing for me is that I'll be eligible to retire soon after the elections...if necessary.
stealthy
Lieutenant

PostPosted: Tue Sep 21, 2004 3:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

My brother-in law is the commander of one of our carriers. He calls these men "militicians".
Chuck Z Ombie AC2000
LCDR

PostPosted: Tue Sep 21, 2004 3:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Can you guys link a picture to what the air force usually wears and what a 'bus driver' air force uniform looks like?
Rovercop
Ensign

PostPosted: Tue Sep 21, 2004 4:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

As far as I knew, no one liked the fool. Indeed, I never had any contact with him personally, nor is it a General's goal to win popularity contests with his subordinates, but radical changes came about when he took the reins. Among other things, the McPeak regime disbanded my beloved 322 ALD (all Airlift Divisions were deemed obsolete) and redesigned our Service Dress (Class A's) in favor of the commercial airline look. BTW - did we get our service cap back? Wasn't he also the brainchild who scrapped MAC for AMC? Thank God he left our TALCE intact.

The fella lives in Oregon, and often embraced by a local news affiliate as an 'expert', who seems to become more critical of President Bush's administation with every appearance...seeing him on my boob-tube incites more anger in me than a Kerry image. I can only imagine how much the Swiftys despise Kerry if I get a gut reaction like that from McPeak.

Rovercop

Last edited by Rovercop on Tue Sep 21, 2004 5:40 am; edited 1 time in total
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: