SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Re: The dem "protest" in front of Perry's home

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt
View previous topic :: View next topic  
bergstrom79
Ensign

PostPosted: Wed Sep 22, 2004 4:09 am    Post subject: Re: The dem "protest" in front of Perry's home Reply with quote

Perhaps this belongs in geedunk, but it does mention the swifts in the post below...I guess this is a peek behind the curtain at how low (and misdirected) peopel can get.

Just think, if Kerry had signed the 180, they would have had some spare time on their hands instead of wasting a few hours looking like fools.... Thanks to whoever linked up the tx dems site, have been looking at it for hours. That's one SCREWED UP group they have.

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Texas-Democrats/message/7180

Subj: Fw: Protest Perry, Swift Boat Liars & Bush Campain Involvement in Dirty
Tricks Thurs
Date: 9/1/2004 8:21:11 AM Central Standard Time
To: announce@h...
Sent from the Internet (Details)

Hi All,

The Bay Area New Democrats and Bay Area Texans for Kerry have joined with
Veterans and lots of other
angry voters to protest Bob Perry, local home-builder who has funded the
"Swift Boat Liars" that are smearing John Kerry!

Read below to join in the protest on Thursday Night, Sept 2.

PLEASE FORWARD WIDELY

Stop the Lies, NOW!

Protest Bob Perry,

Swift Boat Liars and the Bush campaign's involvement in dirty smears

What:

Protest against the Swift Boat Liars, Bob Perry, and the Bush campaign's
treasonous attacks on veterans and John Kerry. Build on last week's incredibly successful Perry Protest and expose Bush campaign dirty tricks on the night of his acceptance speech.

When and Where:

Thursday, September 2

5:30 pm - Meet at Bay Area New Democrats 18243 Egret Bay Blvd. Clear Lake

6:00 pm - Protest at Perry's home at (address deleted, by me)

Who:

All who are disgusted by smear jobs and lying attacks by Bob Perry, John O’ Neill, Tom Delay, Karl Rove and George W. Bush.

Preparations:

Visit Bay Area New Democrats Wednesday evening to make a new set of signs that connect the dots between Bob Perry, John O'Neill, Karl Rove and George W. Bush.

Join the protest against the Swift Boat Liars, Bob Perry, and the Bush
campaign's treasonous attacks on veterans and John Kerry at Bob Perry's home in the Clear Lake area. Perry and John O'Neill of Houston have put together a political assassin team - the so-called Swift Boat Veterans for Truth - that viciously attacked John Kerry in a style of Richard Nixon's dirty tricks. In fact, O'Neill learned his dirty trick skills from one of the Watergate felons, Charles Colson. Now, as Bush pretends to be something other than a radical rightwinger, we will protest Bob Perry, John O'Neill, the Republican veteran liars, and George W. Bush's campaign of dirty tricks. We'll send a message to the Republican dirty tricksters, that we will not stop protesting their lies until George W. Bush takes responsibility and tells them specifically to STOP THEIR LIES!

Last Saturday a boisterous crowed of San Jacinto Veterans Brigade of Texas, residents of Nassau Bay and Clear Lake, Bay Area New Democrats (BAND) and Harris County Democrats, and a number of independents marched in front of Perry's home, carrying a variety of signs such as "Thou shalt not bear false witness," and chanting and singing songs in protest of Perry's assaults on the truth.

Thursday we will do it again and we will continue to do it until Bush stops
the lies.

Once already, we told Bob Perry, Karl Rove, Tom Delay, and George Bush that we're not going to take it anymore. We minted some new Democratic activists and flexed the quickly growing Democratic muscle in Houston Texas. We told the world that we will not take the assault without fighting back!

Perry, a long-term major contributor to George W. Bush and the right wing of the Republican Party, donated over $200,000 to the self-named Swift Boat Veterans for the Truth and reportedly up to $5 million dollars to right wing causes. Protesters want Perry to know that his actions will no longer go without public criticism.

Local citizens see Perry as a sleeper cell within the quiet, suburban
neighborhoods of Clear Lake and Houston. Here, he's organized and bankrolled insidious attacks on Bush opponents in near-anonymity. Veterans see Perry as a traitorous anti-American for his involvement in attacking Kerry and all veterans who've been decorated for their service. Perry is the anti-patriot!

"Perry's swift boat ads that attack Kerry and support Bush are now proven as lies - they're full of distortions and half-truths," said Doug Peterson, a local activist. He seems to think anything “national character smear jobs and illegal redistricting campaigns" are ok, if they can be bought with big bucks. We're not going to let this disgusting business continue in our neighborhoods.

As the dots are connected, with dozens of newspapers castigating the swift
boat liars for their lies and with high level members of the Bush campaign
resigning because of conflicts of interest and likely illegalities, it is clear
that Bush is leading a second era of Nixonian dirty tricks. And yet, the lying ads continue. The Bush campaign must stop the lies and tell the truth NOW!

GROUND ZERO for Bob Perry

Doug Peterson
281-782-2721
sleeplessinseattle
LCDR

PostPosted: Wed Sep 22, 2004 4:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't see them going over to TP Soros yard - hypocrites - besides - the Swifties are class and Soros is an a$$... Very Happy
LewWaters
Admin

PostPosted: Wed Sep 22, 2004 4:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Maybe they should be protesting Burkett and Rather Laughing Wink
Scott
Master Chief Petty Officer of the Navy

PostPosted: Wed Sep 22, 2004 4:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Based on what my sister in TX tells me, they're lucky they didn't get shot at...

Laughing
mascari
Seaman Apprentice

PostPosted: Wed Sep 22, 2004 5:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Scott wrote:
Based on what my sister in TX tells me, they're lucky they didn't get shot at...

Laughing

A democrat club in TX?

Why bother? Laughing
Stevie
Master Chief Petty Officer of the Navy

PostPosted: Wed Sep 22, 2004 6:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

that list of words under 'preparations' sounds like it was written by one of Kerry's speech writers... full of lies, rambling, repeating, repeating, repeating.....are their people so dense they have to say everything so many times????

and they say they have 'all decorated veterans' HA! WHAT A JOKE! that must be why Kerry got such a WARM welcome in NV last week !

and if they're waiting for Bush to stop the SBVTS, they'll be waiting a looong time! They aren't gonna listen to him...

You know what it reminds me of ???? When someone projects their bad behavior onto someone else.... like years ago when my husband (now ex) was having affairs with his students (college) - he was always accusing me of having an affair.... that's a first and major sign!

and quoting scripture (a commandment no less) is another joke!

I'm shocked they even know what 'bearing false witness' is .... good thing Kerry hired a bible literate person to help out in their campaign....sad when you have to HIRE someone for that!
be arrested, exiled or hanged.
Kimmymac
Master Chief Petty Officer

PostPosted: Wed Sep 22, 2004 6:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

They are protesting BUSH'S dirty tricks? Like the one where he and Carl Rove and John O'Neill and Perry forged documents and lied to CBS about...oh wait. Talking about bearing false witness, these people are sick individuals. I wonder if they play with imaginary friends?

Yeah, Stevie is right. This is classic, Pysch 101 projection.

They are going to meet to paint new signs to connect the dots!! <gasp> Oohh...no...not NEW SIGNS that CONNECT the DOTS...anything but that, I beg of you!

Maybe making new signs helps them to awaken their inner soldiers.

And be honest with me: I want to know. Even at the height of the anti-Clinton fever that ran through the Republican party during the 90's, please tell me we did not sound like a bunch of hysterical middle school girls, like these nuts do....please, I need to know...

Clear Lake is a nice, quiet neighborhood filled with rich Republicans; can't imagine they were too welcome there. I would have been mighty tempted to run over them in my gas guzzling SUV if I were a neighbor, if for no other reason than they would have made my dogs bark, and I hate people making my dogs bark.
sniper
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Wed Sep 22, 2004 7:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Damn, too bad it is already over, if we had known, we could have suggested ( or helped ) have a bunch of coffee, cookies, etc. for when they showed up. Now that my friends, is the way to blow these scums minds, plus it looks great on TV, protest group gets served Coffee!
Son Of The Godfather
Captain

PostPosted: Wed Sep 22, 2004 3:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Haven't fired up the ol' paintball gun in a number of years...

SOTG
coldwarvet
Admiral

PostPosted: Wed Sep 22, 2004 3:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Who are the bay area vets? And why are they messing with Texas? Perhaps it is our turn to pay a visit to the bay area & turn CA into a beautiful shade of pollster red. If you are up for some psych-op fun send me a PM.

CWV

"Peace is our Profession"
Strategic Air Command - Motto

USAF 75-79 Security Police
Arty Guy
Seaman

PostPosted: Wed Sep 22, 2004 4:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am confused. Is this Clear Lake in California or in Texas. Does this refer to the San Francisco Bay Area New Democrats or some bay in Texas. I live in the SF Bay Area and there is a Clear Lake here on the left coast. Can someone please clarify?
Anker-Klanker
Admiral

PostPosted: Wed Sep 22, 2004 6:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just a guess, but they must be referring to the Galveston Bay area.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: