SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

McCain on Hardball now

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt
View previous topic :: View next topic  
kmudd
Master Chief Petty Officer

PostPosted: Tue Sep 21, 2004 11:06 pm    Post subject: McCain on Hardball now Reply with quote

McCain on hardball now
ord33
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Tue Sep 21, 2004 11:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

McCain essentially said that Kerry was fundamentally wrong on Iraq.
Tom Poole
Vice Admiral

PostPosted: Tue Sep 21, 2004 11:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's over. Nothing new. Move on. babababa
noMOass
Former Member

PostPosted: Tue Sep 21, 2004 11:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

FUNDAMENTALLY?

somebody tell miss mccain that John Kerry is just PLAIN WRONG.

By the way, in case you cant tell, I dont give a crap about mccains service in vietnam. It did not give him a free pass to come back to america and do stupid sh**.
cipher
Vice Admiral

PostPosted: Tue Sep 21, 2004 11:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

"Fundamentally wrong" means "TOTALLY wrong"

Without a good foundation, none of his ideas work. He has no foundation, so it is fatally flawed throughout.

That's not a bad thing to say.
Defense contractor for US Navy, SSPO, SP-20, SP-24, OP-12 84-92
CTW
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Tue Sep 21, 2004 11:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

True. But he is soooo soft on his support for our Commander in Chief. He should support the V V . He just can't bring himself to stand up against Kerry and the whole anti-American activities issue of yesterday and now. Has he addressed Kerry's plan to outsource our military to the UN?? I haven't heard that from him. Maybe I missed it but he needs to speak up. CTW

Never Ever Kerry
Theresa Alwood
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Tue Sep 21, 2004 11:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am just throughly disgusted with John McCain! Why is he not speaking out against the moveon.org ad's and CBS and their 60 Minutes II slander against President Bush. McCain was awful quiet and his attacks against the swiftvets uncalled for, especially if he is sitting on the sidelines about all the attacks against Bush.

What I see? Is John McCain still angry that he lost against Bush and will not lift much of a finger to actually help President Bush win. Senator McCain lost all my respect I had for him along with any hopes that he might have any reasonable thoughts! I think he checked his brain in somewhere and forgot to pick it up.

Maybe it is time to send him another e-mail Shocked

Boy I am getting really fast on getting e-mails out...LOL Don't know what has come over me in this election...the only thing I do know is that John Kerry can not win.
drjohn
Senior Chief Petty Officer

PostPosted: Wed Sep 22, 2004 12:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If John McCain had any emotions, he might be useful.

I don't think I could ever support him for President.
2ndamendsis
PO3

PostPosted: Wed Sep 22, 2004 1:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This might be the beginning of understanding WHY...

Quote:
McCain was seriously injured in his ejection and in need of medical attention. In exchange for what passes as first-class care in Vietnam, McCain talked. He told the North Vietnamese about his father. He told them about the chain of command. He described himself as one of the "very best pilots" in the Navy.

{mod - the url is verrry long and I don't know how to shorten it--help}
Note: Post the URL and we will fix it
Quote:
McCain committed other breaches of the Code of Conduct by meeting with and giving interviews to foreign news reporters and anti American delegations.

McCain admits to talking with numerous high-ranking North Vietnamese leaders, including General Vo Nguyen Giap, their Minister of Defense.

He also did a cozy interview over coffee, oranges, and cake wish a Cuban psychiatrist, which took place in the Hanoi office of the Committee for Foreign Cultural Relations.

He failed to "evade answering questions to the utmost of his ability;" by actually conversing with his interviewer in Spanish.

There's more concerning his wife's Anhiser {sp} Busch company family ties and a deal with Vietnam after the POW situation was closed by he & Kerry. Can't find my bookmark but will continue to try.
Lewkowski
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Wed Sep 22, 2004 1:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think the Swiftvets are right about John Kerry. But just because someone disagrees doesn't automatically make them scum.
CTW
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Wed Sep 22, 2004 1:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I hate to see this line of talk start, didn't many us know some of this?, and while I have been displeased with him talking with Kerry I think his plea to put it behind us is personal. I would not second guess what he did or did not do in the POW situation. The story of the POWs is so horrible and however one survived is not for me to judge. Kerry and his commie pals are altogether another story. As long as McCain doesn't hurt President Bush I'll be quiet. He will not be my candidate in '08. I hope he will work for the good of our country and have a peaceful life. CTW

Never Ever Kerry
integritycounts
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Wed Sep 22, 2004 2:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lewkowski wrote:
I think the Swiftvets are right about John Kerry. But just because someone disagrees doesn't automatically make them scum.

Totally agree....I think McCain is just an average Senator and his views are just Average. I understand how he wants Vietnam to go away...though I can not truly imagine what he was forced to go through while in Service to his country while captured.

He according himself while captured to the highest degree of honor...he had options of saying things to go home early. He did not.

As a politician and policy maker, McCain is average, his comments about Kerry this year reflect that of a Vet trying to protect another Vet....while I believe this misplaced, its his choice.

Nothing can ever change his heroism and service to his country while in Vietnam
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: