SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Here we go again!!!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Vets and Active Duty Military
View previous topic :: View next topic  
lthrneck
Lieutenant

PostPosted: Wed Sep 22, 2004 8:26 pm    Post subject: Here we go again!!! Reply with quote

Ask the (Edited, let's not debase ourselves with obscene language.) liberals try and turn the public against the war and evenutally the hero's fighting it things like this will start up again. This makes me sick, I'd only wished I was there to help this guy out...

COLUMBUS, Ohio -- A local soldier back from the war in Iraq said he was beaten at an area concert because of what was printed on his T-shirt, NBC 4's Nancy Burton reported.

FeedRoom

Soldier Reportedly Attacked

Foster Barton, 19, of Grove City, received a Purple Heart for his military service in Iraq. He almost lost his leg last month after a Humvee he was riding in ran over a landmine.

Barton said he was injured again Friday night in a crowded parking lot as he was leaving the Toby Keith concert at Germain Amphitheatre. The solider was injured so badly that he can't go back to Iraq as scheduled.

"I don't remember getting hit at all, really," said Barton, a member of the 1st Calvary Division. "He hit me in the back of the head. I fell and hit the ground. I was knocked unconscious and he continued to punch and kick me on the ground."

Barton and his family said he was beat up because he was wearing an Iraqi freedom T-shirt.

"It's not our fault," Barton said. "I'm just doing a job."

According to a Columbus police report, six witnesses who didn't know Barton said the person who beat him up was screaming profanities and making crude remarks about U.S. soldiers, Burton reported.

One witness, a friend of the alleged attacker, said Barton hit first. Police said they do not think that witness is credible since the six other witnesses said Barton was hit from behind.

Barton's mother said she has a message for her son's alleged attacker, who police said ran into the crowd after the incident and was not arrested.

"He needs our prayers, just like the insurgents, because he's a coward," Cindy Barton said.

After a two-week leave, Barton was supposed to return to Iraq Tuesday. But his broken nose will delay his return.

Barton is waiting for doctors to tell him when he can return to active duty. He said wants to go back as soon as possible because his unit was just attacked. Eleven soldiers were wounded and two were killed, he said.

Semper fi
uuurah
Carry On!!
gocars
Lt.Jg.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 22, 2004 10:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Incidents like this really suck. lthrneck I too wish I could have been there to help our brother out. However, I'm hopeful that the kids who beat this young soldier are not representative of gen X, Y or whatever. My lady and I frequent a Country Western Nightclub on El Paso's west side and there are quite a number of Fort Bliss G.I's who go there every weekend. I'm happy to say that the G.I's almost never have to buy a drink.....we vets are more than happy to buy a round for them as a small token of our appreciation for their dedication and courage.

p.s. check out a U.S. Army Ranger's reply to your post on "Shipping to Army bootcamp next week".

gocars
101st Airborne
'Nam 67-70
U.S. Army Rangers Lead the Way!
lthrneck
Lieutenant

PostPosted: Wed Sep 22, 2004 11:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm kinda suprised that would happen at a Country Western concert. On maybe the bright side of this, the scum bag that hit this young warrior from BEHIND will be in jail on election day and won't be able to vote for Kerry.
ps gocars didn't see the Rangers response but I'm not really anti Army/Navy etc just pulling his leg a bit and having fun with you guys.
uuurah.... Wink

Semper fi
uuurah
Carry On!!
blue9t3
Admiral

PostPosted: Thu Sep 23, 2004 3:35 am    Post subject: comes around Reply with quote

Trust this squid, we got a name for cheap shot punks like that, thier called "NEXT".

"NEVER BRING A KNIFE TO A GUN FIGHT"
Third
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Thu Sep 23, 2004 4:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Look what else they are doing.
Reprinted from NewsMax.com

Thursday, Sept. 23, 2004 10:29 a.m. EDT
Anti-war Protesters Taunt Slain GI's Family

A candlelight vigil to commemorate the death of the 1,000 U.S. soldiers killed in Iraq turned ugly last week when anti-war protesters began heckling the family of a GI who was among those killed.

According to NBC's Dallas affiliate, one North Texas family - whose relative, Chad Drake, was killed outside Baghdad on Sept. 6 - were among the mourners at Dallas City Hall Plaza, at an event organized by the Dallas Peace Center. Mom Told Son 'Died for Nothing'

A family friend told NBC's News 5 that at one point during the ceremony, several peaceniks began hurling verbal abuse toward Drake's family after they learned Drake had fought in the war.

The friend, who witnessed the abuse, said Drake's mother was "harassed and yelled at, booed and hissed, [and] told her son died for nothing."

Mrs. Drake reportedly left the event in tears. Afterward, Drake's sister told NBC News 5 that the family thought some of the crowd was blatantly hostile to those who had sacrificed their lives while serving their country.

Lon Burnam, director of the Dallas Peace Center, said the event was not intended to be an anti-war rally, but acknowledged that e-mail notifications of the vigil were sent to a broad audience that might have included a few militants.

After family friends complained in the media about the mistreatment of the Drake family, the Peace Center issued an apology.

"I want to be clear in issuing an apology to the mother of the recent victim of that war," Burnam said, "I can certainly understand why she would not feel comfortable in that particular venue with that particular group of people."
DrEntropy
Ensign

PostPosted: Fri Sep 24, 2004 11:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Third wrote:
Quote:
The friend, who witnessed the abuse, said Drake's mother was "harassed and yelled at, booed and hissed, [and] told her son died for nothing."

grrr.....

If there's news footage of this occurence, the individuals doing the harassing need to be I.D.'d. This borders on "Hate Crimes" IMHO. Jail 'em and let 'em spend their allowances on legal fees... and some of their "productive years" paying restitution to the family injured.

"...a few militants" my a**... Cowardice, morelike.

"The flames kindled on the fourth of July, seventeen hundred and seventy six, have spread over too much of the globe to be extinguished by the feeble engines of despotism." -- Thomas Jefferson
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Vets and Active Duty Military All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: