SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Email all 200 CBS Affiliates with just one click!
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt
View previous topic :: View next topic  
stevek
Ensign

PostPosted: Wed Sep 22, 2004 4:58 pm    Post subject: Email all 200 CBS Affiliates with just one click! Reply with quote

Email all 200 CBS Affiliates with just one click!

We've compiled all the public emails for CBS affiliates around the country. Just write your message and fill out the form, and an email will be sent FROM you to every CBS affiliate in the country.

http://www.rathergate.com/emailaffiliates.php
http://www.rathergate.com

Very Happy
GeorgiaBoy
Seaman Apprentice

PostPosted: Wed Sep 22, 2004 5:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry, but I see no reason why they would need my physical street address. I opt out this time.
ASPB
Master Chief Petty Officer of the Navy

PostPosted: Wed Sep 22, 2004 5:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So use another address.
Stacman
Lt.Jg.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 22, 2004 5:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

GeorgiaBoy wrote:
Sorry, but I see no reason why they would need my physical street address. I opt out this time.

Who said you have to use a "real" address. I used my real name and a valid e-mail address for validation purposes. But a fake physical address. I did use the real city and state also. Besides, I sent nothing derogatory, so there's no issue...

Thanks for the link...
Bystander
PO3

PostPosted: Wed Sep 22, 2004 5:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I gladly filled out the form and sent it on its way. Will report any that are kicked back. Thanks for the great link! Very Happy
azpatriot
Senior Chief Petty Officer

PostPosted: Wed Sep 22, 2004 5:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Laughing just had a thought ......use Dan's address Twisted Evil
SangRun Hunter
PO1

PostPosted: Wed Sep 22, 2004 5:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I sent this.

Dear CBS affiliates,

My family is no longer going to watch CBS programming until Dan Rather and Mary Mapes apologize on public TV to the American public fro what they have done. Then they need to resign or be released from service at CBS. This should be fairly easy since Dan Rather is going to retire next year. Mary Mapes will surely get a new job some place.

They need to apologize to the Killian Family as well as president Bush. There are other parties they smeared in that story also.

We, out here in the hinterland are not a bunch of beer drinking hicks. Some of us are experts in technology and law. We know what we see and we will get to the bottom of this using the "New Media" as a source.

If I were a station manager or owner of a news station I would demand that CBS come clean ASAP before the whole network comes down.

BTW: How about this story? Oh, and it's very provable since he's one tape and he's admitted to all of it.

It's all John Kerry and what he did after he came back from Vietnam.

http://frontpagemag.com/Articles/ReadArticle.asp?ID=15127
stevek
Ensign

PostPosted: Wed Sep 22, 2004 6:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I also used a "fake" mailing address. Everyone should do it. I also used my Yahoo e-mail address.

One click and 200 e-mails sent!!!!

PostPosted: Wed Sep 22, 2004 7:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

stevek wrote:
I also used a "fake" mailing address. Everyone should do it. I also used my Yahoo e-mail address.

One click and 200 e-mails sent!!!!

I am doing the same. Very Happy
God and Country
PO3

PostPosted: Wed Sep 22, 2004 7:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The truth need to come out 2 weeks before the election to do harm to the traitor.
Please send e-mail asap, its free, and send money to the swiftvets, its not free, but priceless.

Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes
Stacman
Lt.Jg.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 23, 2004 9:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just started receiving a surprising number of replies from CBS affiliates of the message I sent with this link. One as follows:

Quote:
David,
We are advising CBS from our end regarding the number of complaints we are receiving, your email to WSPA did not go unnoticed. We also ask that you contact CBS directly, so often they respond quicker to viewer complaints. So, we are in essence hitting them on two fronts and we need your help is making sure your opinion is registered with CBS News via their website. We take your comments seriously and each is acted upon.

Have a good day,
Kay Pennington

More info .........

PLEASE NOTE THE FOLLOWING RELEASE JUST ISSUED BY CBS NEWS:

THE HON. DICK THORNBURGH AND LOUIS D. BOCCARDI TO COMPRISE INDEPENDENT REVIEW PANEL EXAMINING CBS NEWS "60 MINUTES" WEDNESDAY REPORT

The Honorable Dick Thornburgh, former governor of Pennsylvania and United States attorney general under Presidents Ronald Reagan and George H.W. Bush, and Louis D. Boccardi, retired president and chief executive officer of the Associated Press, will comprise the independent review panel that will examine the process by which a recent 60 MINUTES Wednesday report was prepared and broadcast.

The Sept. 8 broadcast reported that President George W. Bush had received favorable treatment to enter the Texas Air National Guard and had not fulfilled all of the Guard's requirements. CBS News acknowledged this week that it cannot prove the authenticity of disputed memos featured in the report and that, therefore, it was a mistake to use them.

Two days ago, CBS News and CBS announced the commissioning of an independent review to help determine what errors occurred in the preparation of the report and what actions need to be taken. The two-person review panel will commence its work this week and will have full access and complete cooperation from CBS News and CBS, as well as all of the resources necessary to complete the task. The panel will report its findings to CBS News and CBS. The findings also will be made public.

Thornburgh was elected governor of Pennsylvania in 1978 and served two successive terms in that office. He was attorney general of the United States for three years in the cabinets of Presidents Reagan and Bush (1988-1991). All told, Thornburgh served in the Justice Department under five presidents, including as U.S. Attorney in Pittsburgh (1969-75) and Assistant Attorney General in charge of the Criminal Division (1975-77). Under his direction, the Department of Justice obtained a record number of convictions of savings and loan and securities officials, defense contractors and corrupt public officials. In August 2002, Thornburgh was appointed Examiner in the WorldCom bankruptcy proceedings, the largest ever filed, to report on wrongdoing and malfeasance that led to the company's downfall. He also served as Under-Secretary-General at the United Nations (1992-93) and as a consultant to the U.N. and the World Bank on efforts to battle fraud and corruption. Thornburgh is counsel to Kirkpatrick & Lockhart LLP, which will assist in the independent investigation.

Boccardi retired from the Associated Press in 2003 as president and chief executive officer after a 36-year career there, including the last 18 years in that position and 10 years as executive editor. He oversaw the launching of APTN, the world's largest video news service, and the creation of The WIRE, AP's multimedia internet site. Boccardi has also taken a leading role within the news industry on critical First Amendment and freedom of the press issues, as well as challenges to credibility and readership. In 1990, he was elected a fellow of the Society of Professional Journalists, the highest honor awarded by the organization to journalists, and a Distinguished Service Member of the American Society of Newspaper Editors. Boccardi is also the recipient of the William Allen White Foundation Award for Journalistic Merit and the Overseas Press Club Lifetime Achievement Award. He is a retired member and former chairman of the Pulitzer Prize board

Phone: 864-587-4449
Fax: 864-587-4480

-----Original Message-----
Sent: Thursday, September 23, 2004 12:16 AM
To: WSPA General Manager
Subject: Regarding Dan Rather and 60 minutes

Dear Station manager,

The irresponsible manner in which CBS anchor Dan Rather formulated a story to attack the president was a disgrace, as you've undoubtedly heard already. However, the subsquent stalling and cover up that followed to justify a gross error in judgement was even more irresponsible.

It's been widely known that Dan Rather has been 'gunning' for the president for some time. The association with this story, the fabricated documents, and the ties to the Democratic National Committee and the John Kerry campaign directly border on election fraud.

I have vowed to neither support CBS, nor any of its affiliates or sponsors until Dan Rather and Mary Mapes resign or are fired. In addition, the apology means nothing if the full story is not revealed and reported. There is a large majority of the nation who does not want a president who would authorize these activities, and there are too many coincidences connecting candidate John Kerry with this to be ignored. Post election announcements will mean nothing. Dan Rather and Mary Mapes know the full story, and the sources for all documents. The freedom's and rights provided to journalists to not be compelled to reveal sources do not apply in this case. The entire premise of the report was based on known fabricated and forged material.

Therefore, the message is clear. CBS and affiliates must correct these issues in the appropriate manner in order to allow any possibility to restore some semblance of a reputation of integrity. Otherwise, you and the CBS affiliates bear all responsibility to your sponsors.
2ndamendsis
PO3

PostPosted: Thu Sep 23, 2004 10:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

fake address too - here's mine. Razz Razz Razz Razz Razz

Your 60 Minutes broadcast has insulted both my family & I.
No matter what name you choose to call it, 60 Minutes II or Wednesday, it's the same corrupt, biased drivel. Do you really believe that Americans are this stupid?

In light of your support for DAN RATHER & MARY MAPES et al and their despicable and biased actions, we have decided that our family will now eliminate CBS & affiliates from our viewing pleasure. It's time for them to be retired.

It is also time for you to re-evaluate your lack of ability to report fairly. Your organization has given aid to our enemies who you seem to prefer to "sugarcoat" and call rebels or insurgents. They, the butchers, are called MUSLIM, ISLAMIC TERRORISTS. Actually, all your news programs are biased. "Fair is fair" should be the mantra of the day. What's good for one should be good for the other. Why, then, are you not calling for J. Kerry to sign FORM 180? The form that would release ALL of his military records? Why not research his treasonous actions with Nicaragua or the vile Viet Nam/POW/Colliers Senate hearings and his distruction of official documents??? I could go on and on but I simply do not have the energy to make the blind {or is your lack of sight purposeful?} see the facts.

News Flash: most Americans have your number and it isn't a good one. You have allowed CBS to continue to insult the American people day after day, relentlessly. My family has sadly now turned to the internet for all of our information. We have been able to finally get unbiased truth from around the world. Refreshing.

Our family began with a boycott of your sponsors and now we have made the decision to eliminate CBS from any viewing in our home and business. We don't have cable or satellite. Can you imagine the people who do? They really have no reason to turn you on!! We will be purchasing a satellite this week and will make a concerted effort to never view Viacom or CBS programing again.

SHAME ON YOU! You are a disgrace to the words "free press".
GOD BLESS AMERICA & GOD BLESS OUR TROOPS,

stevek
Ensign

PostPosted: Thu Sep 23, 2004 11:13 pm    Post subject: Reply from CBS affiliate Reply with quote

I also received some replies from CBS affiliates.

The e-mail actually works. Everyone should send one.

Very Happy
eXcel
Seaman

PostPosted: Thu Sep 23, 2004 11:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i sent mine earlier today. Be sure to include in your letter demanding that they put the swiftvets on before you will start watching again.
Paul R.
PO3

PostPosted: Thu Sep 23, 2004 11:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Interesting:

Quote:
So, we are in essence hitting them on two fronts

"We"?

Ms. Pennington may just be "stroking", but just for grins I went to WSPA's web site, and they are in S. Carolina. Hmmm... I'll bet some of the people at some of the stations in conservative areas are not happy, and we may even have a few fellow travelers here and there.

WSPA has posted on their main page (http://wspa.com/ ) a link to their response to RAthERGATE:

http://wspa.com/servlet/Satellite?pagename=WSPA/MGArticle/SPA_BasicArticle&c=MGArticle&cid=1031778128018&path=!home

It's a little more of a deflection, but, still, it looks like the e-mails, etc., are having an effect. Time for ME to write mine!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: