SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

How did Teresa get like that?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Adrian Spidle
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Thu Sep 23, 2004 2:22 pm    Post subject: How did Teresa get like that? Reply with quote

How did Teresa get to be like that?

Teresa Heinz grew up the daughter of a rich dentist in the slave-holding Portuguese territory of Mozambique. Slavery was universally practiced in Mozambique until 1970. I spent some time there in Lorenzo Marques and Beira back in the 60s and have a pretty good idea of the life of the colonial Portuguese and their viciously exploited slaves. Furthermore, the Portuguese Mozambicans “leased out” their black slaves to neighboring countries for large projects.

The blacks there were considered Kaffirs which meant not quite human to them. I'll never forget viewing several hundred blacks shoveling urea from the deck of my ship the SS African Mercury at the dock in Lorenzo Marques. The burning sun beat down on a urea dust hazed scene of these poor souls singing there hearts out while they shoveled in unison to the haunting and powerfully primitive beat that emanated from their throats.

I must confess that the seafood was wonderful - lobster tails and shrimp in particular - and the service was superb for us white folks. I also spent a week hanging out in a European Country Club in Mombassa, Kenya. It was fabulous. Everything was pristine and in perfect repair. The huge swimming pool was decorated by bevies of mostly blonde and bikinied Colonial girls. I spent a lot of time with one such lovely and she even taught me the song “English Country Garden.” I left Mombassa for Dar es Salaam in a state of serious nostalgia. Feeling nostalgia for just yesterday was a new experience for me.

My brief taste of the Colonial life - in Lorenzo Marques, Mombassa, Dar es Salaam, Karachi and Bombay vividly etched in my mind the meaning of European Colonialism. It was exceedingly comfortable and even delightful as long as you ignored the downtrodden and exploited humanity that made it all possible.

The European colonists had an obnoxious sense of entitlement that precluded any concern whatsoever for their inferiors and they treated the blacks like cattle, even worse than cattle for those that worked outside their homes and restaurants.

Teresa’s friends and family believed they were the elect of God, deserving of obeisance and total obedience from their slaves. Sound familiar? Her personality is the same, only her justifications are different.

http://pep.typepad.com/public_enquiry_project/2004/09/how_did_teresa_.html
Tom Poole
Vice Admiral

PostPosted: Thu Sep 23, 2004 2:42 pm    Post subject: How... Reply with quote

Adrian Spidle wrote:
...Teresa Heinz grew up the daughter of a rich dentist in the slave-holding Portuguese territory of Mozambique. Slavery was universally practiced in Mozambique until 1970....Teresa

As we all know, Kerry too sprang from privilege. Now, he wants to be the boss and take care of the downtrodden. After all, because they cannot achieve success alone, they need him. The arrogance of this couple knows no limit.
SangRun Hunter
PO1

PostPosted: Thu Sep 23, 2004 3:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I love the argumant that Kerry's team keeps foisting us.

Bush is from the ruling elite class or something along those lines.

Well, yeah he probably is since he does comes wealth and political power.

But, wait what about John and Tereas's background.

I heard one black pundit saw they're both just rich white men anyway.
m_drummond
Lt.Jg.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 23, 2004 3:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sure could be interesting if someone could come up with the goods showing that either Tereza's family owned slaves or most of their friends did. Get that info into a media outlet and watch the fun, specially if Tereza personally tries to rebut it. We'd go way beyond "idiots" and "shove it".
________
MONTANA MARIJUANA DISPENSARY

Last edited by m_drummond on Fri Mar 18, 2011 11:55 pm; edited 1 time in total
God and Country
PO3

PostPosted: Thu Sep 23, 2004 4:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Easy, she did't wear any clothes when she was young.

Embarassed Embarassed Embarassed Embarassed Embarassed Embarassed Embarassed Embarassed
ScottyDog
Ensign

PostPosted: Thu Sep 23, 2004 4:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

God and Country

ewwww that is a scary thought
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: