SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

BOR doing a story on 9-11 widows
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt
View previous topic :: View next topic  
dmackto
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Thu Sep 23, 2004 12:31 am    Post subject: BOR doing a story on 9-11 widows Reply with quote

He said he was getting jerked around so he investigated the New Jersey women (kerry's 5)..

It's on now..

This is no time for ease and comfort. It is the time to dare and endure.
- Winston Churchill
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
CTW
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Thu Sep 23, 2004 12:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Guess our emails helped bring this forward? I do. Keep it up. Debra needs to have an opportunity to speak. CTW

Never Ever Kerry
dmackto
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Thu Sep 23, 2004 12:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hmm he didnt mention Debra's group was more than willing to go on but were canceled. He did say that the group of 5 agreed to come on, then canceled then agreed again then canceled again and he felt like they were jerking him around so he did some digging. He had some guy from the weekly standard on and they basically concluded that Kerry's people were using the women. IF there was another point I missed it while my daughter was busy saying MOMMY WATCH THIS and standing on her head in front of the TV.

This is no time for ease and comfort. It is the time to dare and endure.
- Winston Churchill
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
CandiM
LCDR

PostPosted: Thu Sep 23, 2004 12:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

My e-mail to O'Reilly in response to tonight's piece--C

Quote:
"If you didn't like feeling that you were being "jerked around" by Kristen Breitweiser agreeing to do your show and then backing out and then agreeing and then backing out again, it shouldn't be difficult for you to understand that Debra Burlingame feels that she's being jerked around by both you and Ms. Breitweiser for the on again/off again status of her own scheduled appearances on your program considering that she wants to appear--

Do unto others and all that stuff, Bill--

Candi M"

Maereta
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Thu Sep 23, 2004 2:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Perhaps this is a case of "all things working together for good"? If Deb Burlingame and the widow had gone on the show as scheduled, they would each have had a few minutes to talk, Bill would have announced he was out of time, and it would have been over. BUT, since the widow backed out twice and ruffled Bill's feathers, NOW he's ready to do some investigating and maybe the story will get some serious air-time! I hope so.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 23, 2004 2:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

dmackto wrote:
Hmm he didnt mention Debra's group was more than willing to go on but were canceled. He did say that the group of 5 agreed to come on, then canceled then agreed again then canceled again and he felt like they were jerking him around so he did some digging. He had some guy from the weekly standard on and they basically concluded that Kerry's people were using the women. IF there was another point I missed it while my daughter was busy saying MOMMY WATCH THIS and standing on her head in front of the TV.

BOR is becoming a BORE quickly. The No Spin Zone? Looks like he's spinning to the left. I guess it is not PC to give all views if they are not BOR views.
Dabba55
Seaman Apprentice

PostPosted: Thu Sep 23, 2004 3:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I loved reading your posts. Here's my take:

1.) Bill O'Reilly has his eyes on one thing: John Kerry. He wants the interview so bad he can almost taste it...He's hyping the Bush interview coming up. Now,he wants Kerry to show up. Imagine. He goes from being "Cable Boy" to pre-eminent "serious journalist" who got the interviews the Big Boys couldn't land. CBS, the "tiffany network" is tanking, but Bill O'Reilly, who's been out flogging for years with his "Factor Gear" finally gets a seat at the table. Trust me, this is way more important to him than Kristen Breitweiser and Debra What's-her-name. So, he does a story which ELEVATES the pro-Kerry "Jersey Girls" while at the same time expresses "outrage" that they "jerked him around." He's "looking into this"? Believe me when I say, it's already been looked into...he had everything he needed to land that fish.

2.) What he didn't tell his viewers is that Breitweiser not only backed out, twice, she "begged" the show's producer not to put me on alone. Then, notice, O'Reilly does a piece that describes their endorsement of Kerry, he also advertises that they are against the war in Iraq. Why is this bad? We live in a democracy...they're entitled to their opinion. But he fails to mention that 150 9/11 family members support the president and the war in Iraq. Five widows get big media play...150 family members...nothing. He left that out. The most important part of the story. The media, including O'Reilly, will not cut the American people a break. They have a right to know this.

3.) None of this may matter. Bush is ahead. Which doesn't mean people should get complacent.

By the way, probably no one noticed, but when John Kerry at his NYU speech said that Saddam Hussein deserves a special place in hell, there a was a beat of silence, and then people snickered. This is why I believe he should not be president. He has no credibility. He never talks about beating the terrorists, about the heinousness of their crimes. He talks about himself, about how our president is incompetent. Which one would you want your son or daughter to lead into battle? Kerry is all about surrender.

End of rant.
Navy_Navy_Navy
Admin

PostPosted: Thu Sep 23, 2004 3:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow, interesting insights. Shocked

Why doesn't Breitweiser want you on alone? Sounds like she's scared to go up against you one on one? Wink

As for the numbers, you're in a group here that completely understands - 8 pro-Kerry Swifts against 260-something anti-Kerry Swifts. Go figure.

Rank and file firefighters have been furious and fighting against the IAFF endorsement since May and only today got a mention in national media.

Hang in there - you will get viewership - but don't expect to get it through the mainstream media - expect to get it through the internet and talk radio.

Write articles that can be copied and emailed - your words will spread like wildfire - but underground.

The MSM has vastly underrated the effectiveness of the internet and personal email campaigns, but look what happened with Whoopi Goldberg and SlimFast.

Have faith - you WILL be heard, because people want to hear from you!

God bless you and guide your every step.
neverforget
Vice Admiral

PostPosted: Thu Sep 23, 2004 3:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

>>Trust me, this is way more important to him than Kristen Breitweiser and Debra What's-her-name.<<

I'm confused as to why you addressed her as such.
Navy_Navy_Navy
Admin

PostPosted: Thu Sep 23, 2004 3:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

neverforget wrote:
>>Trust me, this is way more important to him than Kristen Breitweiser and Debra What's-her-name.<<

I'm confused as to why you addressed her as such.

Wink She's referring to herself.
Dabba55
Seaman Apprentice

PostPosted: Thu Sep 23, 2004 4:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Hang in there - you will get viewership - but don't expect to get it through the mainstream media - expect to get it through the internet and talk radio.

You know, my favorite thing about the Rather story is the new phrase "bloggers in pajamas"...the pajamahadeen.

The Founding Fathers would truly love that...it's the little guy, the Mr. Smiths, Frank Capra...

Gosh, who'd a thunk, it's the Conservatives who are the romantics.

Fondly,
Debra What's-her-name

P.S. I love that monicker: Echo Juliet
neverforget
Vice Admiral

PostPosted: Thu Sep 23, 2004 4:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I apologize.
TEWSPilot
Admiral

PostPosted: Thu Sep 23, 2004 4:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

hmmmm? Let me do some math. I think Bill O'Reilly is losing credibility almost as fast as Dan Rather, and both for the same reason -- Kerry must have that tank they're taking a dive into filled with pretty expensive hooch, or maybe they think there's buried treasure at the bottom. O'Reilly's show is looking more and more like the "No SPINE Zone". Rolling Eyes

A. There are only 5 "911" families for Kerry
B. There are 150 or more "911" families against Kerry and for Bush
C. That yields a margin against Kerry and for Bush of 145 or more families (and thousands of supporters, many having posted here and even more on their site).

It's as simple as "ABC"... Very Happy

...oh, and you can add another 58,195 reasons why Kerry is (to borrow a phrase)
"Unfit For Command!"

The Vietnam Veteran's Memorial Wall
Navy_Navy_Navy
Admin

PostPosted: Thu Sep 23, 2004 4:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nah, you've got nothing to apologize for - with all these screen names, it's hard to keep straight who's who, sometimes, even for me and I LIVE here! Wink

You're cool. In fact, you're cooler than cool, neverforget - you were looking out for her. You're one of our best "watch-standers."
ThaLeena
Ensign

PostPosted: Thu Sep 23, 2004 4:19 am    Post subject: I know what he's talking about Reply with quote

Kerry said Saddamm deserves a place in hell. Jeez that's soo funny. Nothing like a pantyweight trying to act all tuff and stuff. Rolling Eyes I bet after he said that he flipped his hair defiantly and applied lip gloss.

After all, he is a kept man of a Braying Jackass award winner.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: