SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Mapes Watch

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Swift Vets and POWs for Truth
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Gray Temples
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Wed Sep 22, 2004 6:46 pm    Post subject: Mapes Watch Reply with quote

She is the Jayson Blair of this scandal.....She should already have been fired.....she is an aggressive, liberal feminist with a journalistic agenda (get Bush)......she has the makings of a disgruntled former employee.....she could blow the lid off this attempt by c BS to make this scandal go away......we all know there are other fingerprints on the forged memoes.....Rather?....DNC????.....Kerry Campaign????

She will not solely take the sword!!!.....we may have to wait until after November 2.....but, it will all come out eventually......there are just too many rats on this boat....Mapes will need to demonstrate she was being a devoted liberal, but was not solely off the "proper journalistic reservation"
SangRun Hunter
PO1

PostPosted: Wed Sep 22, 2004 7:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Anyone have an e-mail address for her?

Could be interesting to send her and e-mail appealing to her for justice? Cool
scotty61
LCDR

PostPosted: Wed Sep 22, 2004 7:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I read a report today (Newsmax or Drudge) where her father calls her a liberal feminist and is ashamed of what she has done.
Scott
Master Chief Petty Officer of the Navy

PostPosted: Wed Sep 22, 2004 7:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
But Mapes' father sees a political agenda behind his daughter's work. Don Mapes, 76, was a recent guest on a radio talk show hosted by John Carlson on KVI in Seattle.

He said, "I'm really ashamed of what my daughter has become. She's a typical liberal. She went into journalism with an ax to grind, and that was to promote radical feminism."

He confessed to being disappointed in his daughter's role in the controversy. He said, "When I heard about 60 Minutes, I suspected she would be the producer of the show."

In an interview with Talon News, Don Mapes said his suspicion was because that he believed, "Dan Rather and she have been working on this ever since Bush was elected."

In commenting on the Wednesday's 60 Minutes show, he said, "It was a farce, it was fraud. I'm sorry as a father that my daughter was the producer of it."

His fatherly instinct showed through when he said, "To give her the benefit of the doubt, I believe she has been had."

But he also chastised his daughter for being intellectually dishonest.

He said, "She ought to look closer at George Soros or Michael Moore."

Article here.
Theresa Alwood
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Wed Sep 22, 2004 9:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This will probably go as far as the Sandy Berger story did. The MSM wll cover for each other as long as they stay on the same goal...to get Kerry elected. We just have to keep e-mailing Fox news to keep them on the story so we can find out what actually happened.

I really do not expect much from the MSM...look at the way they have dissed the swiftvets...other than Fox and the talk radio I do not hear much about the swiftvets other than they are a front for the Republican party...which we all know is false.
Stevie
Master Chief Petty Officer of the Navy

PostPosted: Wed Sep 22, 2004 10:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

well, I just emailed CNN about their Crosstalk show... so many lies...
that Paul Bagala (or whatever) going a mile a minute about bushs' NG time... I've heard several top NG people debunk this so many times plus Bushs' roommate and several others... but the demos just hang on and spout it out... another talking head said the same old lie that the SBVTS have been discredited all across the country... well, I sure let them know how I feel about their allowing people on who LIE ! They are just a bunch of mouth with no proof to support what they are saying ... especially, Paul B who is employed by them... I told them he has no backup or proof and they are just like C BS ... and no wonder their ratings were down - lying to the American people and also let them know that the people out here are not stupid - we see thru their lies.
be arrested, exiled or hanged.
kman
Lt.Jg.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 22, 2004 11:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This isn’t the first time she’s been caught being an intermediary.

I can't find a link, but FOX (God bless them) has a letter from the Warden of a federal prison (Colorado, I think), where three years ago Mapes illegally tried to transfer a letter from one max security convict to another using her press privileges. The letter was to her with a CC to the boss—who apparently did nothing.

Complaints of ethical lapses (or in this case criminal behavior) seem to disappear into a black hole when they are sent to cBS.

Kurt

Edit: Fox now has the story up:

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,133215,00.html
jwb7605
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Thu Sep 23, 2004 5:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Theresa Alwood wrote:
This will probably go as far as the Sandy Berger story did. The MSM wll cover for each other as long as they stay on the same goal...to get Kerry elected. We just have to keep e-mailing Fox news to keep them on the story so we can find out what actually happened.

I really do not expect much from the MSM...look at the way they have dissed the swiftvets...other than Fox and the talk radio I do not hear much about the swiftvets other than they are a front for the Republican party...which we all know is false.

No way. Twisted Evil
This amounts to sharks eating their young. Laughing

Discredit CBS with proof + discredit SBVFT without proof = tell us more about SBVFT Cool
army72
Seaman

PostPosted: Thu Sep 23, 2004 6:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, I heard the Mapes prison story tonight. She actually used cBS confidential mail to get a letter delivered to another inmate at another prison, she had the letter addressed to someone at cBS which she picked off and forwarded to the other prisoner. Anything for a story right? She obviously has very low values and as was said above the warden cc'd the complaint to her boss. Nothing was done and somehow she gets to produce for BLATHER and happens to have direct connects to Lockhart. If something doesn't stink in that pile, you have no nose!!!! If that was sent by the Postal service, isn't it a crime to take mail not belonging to you? Unless that is the same person that received the reprimand from the warden and did nothing.

That leaves a few questions:
In her current scam;
Which crook will go down first?
How many are involved?
When will they pull Mapes' phone records? I'd like to be a fly on the wall when they check the numbers and contacts. I don't think they'll be protected if she is found to be part of this scam.
When will BLATHER get the axe?
When will the pull Lockharts phone records?
Will they bother to follow the trail through the Kerry campaign and the DNC or will they try to cover it up 'til after the election?

Imagine those guys calling the Swifties liars. Talk about something that'll make your blood boil!!!!!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Swift Vets and POWs for Truth All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: