SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

CBS feed back do not unlock until they support the troops

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt
View previous topic :: View next topic  
coldwarvet
Admiral

PostPosted: Thu Sep 23, 2004 10:58 pm    Post subject: CBS feed back do not unlock until they support the troops Reply with quote

The only way I will unlock CBS is for storys that give credit to the troops for their accomplishments.

Dear Viewer,

Thanks for your recent letter about the controversy surrounding CBS News, and their reporting on President Bush's National Guard service.

It is a difficult situation for us at here at Local 8 News. We have been a CBS affiliate for more than 50 years, and we are proud of that affiliation. But, while we are affiliated with CBS, we are not owned by them. They provide us with programming, everything from CSI to The CBS Evening News. We provide them with local news video when they need it. We do not have any say in CBS News policy or story selection, nor do they have any say in our local news decisions.

Our President & General Manager has called our contacts at CBS to express our concern about the handling of the story. In addition, Local 8 News has reported both the charges that the documents Mr. Rather used are forged, and CBS News' response to the charges.

I should also point out that Local 8 is the news department for our sister station KFMB 760 AM radio. The controversy has been thoroughly covered there by talk show hosts Rick Roberts, Sean Hannity, Bill O'Reilly and Michael Savage.

As you know, CBS News now admits that they cannot prove the documents are accurate, and they have apologized for their lack of judgment. For the record, here are the statements issued by CBS News President Andrew Heyward, and anchor Dan Rather yesterday:

Statement from Andrew Heyward, President of CBS News
"60 MINUTES WEDNESDAY had full confidence in the original report or it would not have aired. However, in the wake of serious and disturbing questions that came up after the broadcast, CBS News has done extensive additional reporting in an effort to confirm the documents' authenticity. That included an interview featured on last week's edition of 60 MINUTES WEDNESDAY (15) with Marian Carr Knox, secretary to the late Lt. Col. Jerry Killian, the officer named as the author of the documents; the interview with Bill Burkett to be seen tonight (20); and a further review of the forensic evidence on both sides of the debate. Based on what we now know, CBS News cannot prove that the documents are authentic, which is the only acceptable journalistic standard to justify using them in the report. We should not have used them. That was a mistake, which we deeply regret. Nothing is more important to us than our credibility and keeping faith with the millions of people who count on us for fair, accurate, reliable, and independent reporting. We will continue to work tirelessly to be worthy of that trust.

CBS News and CBS management are commissioning an independent review of the process by which the report was prepared and broadcast to help determine what actions need to be taken. The names of the people conducting the review will be announced shortly, and their findings will be made public."

Statement from CBS Anchor Dan Rather
"Last week, amid increasing questions about the authenticity of documents used in support of a 60 MINUTES WEDNESDAY story about President Bush's time in the Texas Air National Guard, CBS News vowed to re-examine the documents in question-and their source-vigorously. And we promised that we would let the American public know what this examination turned up, whatever the outcome.

Now, after extensive additional interviews, I no longer have the confidence in these documents that would allow us to continue vouching for them journalistically. I find we have been misled on the key question of how our source for the documents came into possession of these papers. That, combined with some of the questions that have been raised in public and in the press, leads me to a point where-if I knew then what I know now-I would not have gone ahead with the story as it was aired, and I certainly would not have used the documents in question.

But we did use the documents. We made a mistake in judgment, and for that I am sorry. It was an error that was made, however, in good faith and in the spirit of trying to carry on a CBS News tradition of
investigative reporting without fear or favoritism.

Please know that nothing is more important to us than people's trust in our ability and our commitment to report fairly and truthfully."

If you wish to express your concerns directly to CBS, you can use the following e-mail addresses: Audience services at audsvcs@cbs.com, or 60 Minutes Weeknight viewers at 60II@cbsnews.com.

In the meantime, Local 8 News will continue to report on both sides of the controversy on radio, TV and web until it is resolved, and we will pass your concerns on to CBS. Thanks again for writing and letting us know how you feel.

Fred D'Ambrosi
News Director
KFMB Stations
7677 Engineer Road
San Diego, CA 92111

Subject: Regarding Dan Rather and 60 minutes

Dear Station manager,

Please lock out CBS from your television and send this email to everyone in you address book.

Please send email to the following addresses

evening@cbsnews.com
earlyshow@cbs.com
48hours@cbsnews.com
audsvcs@cbs.com

I am advocating that we gang up on one specific net work and their sponsors in an effort to apply punishment that will be felt. Perhaps competing networks will selfishly cover the boycott story in an effort to capture a point or two from CBS for themselves. However to avoid looking like hypocrites they will need to at least make a token effort to report some of the untold or under told stories.

The fact that CBS devoted an entire 60 minute program to promote Clintons book while our young men and women are in harms way is enough reason for me to put them on notice as the one that the veteran - military community is putting on notice.

As of today I have locked all CBS stations from all the televisions in my home. And will not purchase any products that sponsor CBS.

Quotes taken from
David Horowitz
FrontPageMagazine.com | June 18, 2004

"A three week military campaign with minimal casualties",
"25 million people liberated from one of the most sadistic tyrants of modern times" "Establishment of a military and intelligence base in the heart of the terrorist world" "The filling of mass graves with 300,000 corpses were stopped" "Prisons for four to twelve year olds were closed" "A democratic constitution has been drafted" "Two-thirds of al-Qaeda's leadership is gone" "There hasn't been a terrorist attack in America in more than three years"

"Peace is our Profession"
Strategic Air Command - Motto

USAF 75-79 Security Police
coldwarvet
Admiral

PostPosted: Thu Sep 23, 2004 10:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lets put a lock on CBS until they start supporting the troops.

coldwarvet
Admiral

PostPosted: Thu Sep 23, 2004 11:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

CBS might be able to redeem themselves yet.

War on Terror Head Lines

That might have got lost or forgotten by a media fixated on “Where are the WMD’s”? Or even worse how can we spin the Uniformed American’s behaving badly story again?

1. Al Qaeda home base closed in Afghanistan
2. For the first time girls in Afghanistan are allowed to go to school
3. The public whipping and stadium executions of women has ended
4. Afghanistan refugees return home to assist in rebuilding effort
5. Afghanistan Presidential election to be held this fall
6. Pakistan assists In the capture of Khalid Sheik Mohammed operational planner of 9/11 attacks
7. Saudi Arabia has seen the danger and has joined in on the war on terror
8. Saddam Hussein ignores UN Security Councils demand for a full accounting of weapons program for over a decade.
9. Stockpiles of weapons of mass destruction weapons have not been found
10. Saddam Hussein tried by Iraqi government
11. Iraq security forces fighting terrorists along side of coalition forces
12. In fear of the civilized world Libya turns over chemical munitions and nuclear processing equipment.
13. A. Q. Khan Nuclear scientist selling plans to highest bidder is now out of business
14. American & British intelligence alert German and Italian authorities to intercept cargo ship loaded with nuclear equipment bound for Tripoli.
15. 60 nations support the Proliferation Security Initiative
16. More then 30 nations contribute forces to Iraq
17. Nearly 40 nations contribute forces to Afghanistan
18. Millions in the Middle East would like to live in freedom
19. US forces abuse terror suspects while in custody
20. 4.5 million for 1st time have clean drinking water
21. 400,000 Iraq children immunization shots are up to date for the first time
22. 1,500 renovated Iraq schools ridden of weapons stored by terrorist now open for learning.
23. 80% more Iraqi children are now attending classes then before the war
24. Port renovation allows more grain to flow into Iraq
25. Iraq exports over 2 million barrels in one month for the first time in August of 2003
26. 100% of Iraqi hospitals are open compared to a 35% pre war level
27. Over 400,000 Iraqis have telephones for the first time
28. An interim constitution has been signed
29. To date more then 2/3’s of the al Qaeda leadership have been killed or captured
30. The home land has not experienced another terrorist attack in almost three years

Please report the whole story. The politically charged media during a political season is having a negative effect on the moral of our troops in harms way keeping us out of harms way. Please put your political agendas on the shelf and cover the accomplishments of the troops.

RMalloy
PO3

PostPosted: Thu Sep 23, 2004 11:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What an extraordinary response from your CBS affiliate. They deserve kudos for getting back to you and while they didn't diss the BIG cBS
they sounded contrite, not being dismissive of you as I have seen from other sources.
coldwarvet
Admiral

PostPosted: Thu Sep 23, 2004 11:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Copy War On Terror Headline Click on link bellow links 200 CBS stations. Let them know that when they start recognizing the troops we will unlock CBS from our TV's

http://www.rathergate.com/emailaffiliates.php

PostPosted: Fri Sep 24, 2004 1:27 am    Post subject: Carville's Fingerprints Are All Over It! Reply with quote

The it in the title is in reference to both Kerry's campaign and the strategy and methodology behind the memogate issue. As I am sure some of you are familiar that James Carville assisted Clinton by going to Isreal and meddle in the election between Netanyahu and Barak.

Under Carville's influence the Clinton strategy in Isreal was one smear and deception was designed so that Barak would win so that Clinton could get a compromise on the Isreali - Palestinian conflict so that when Bill Clinton left office he could be credited with solving the long stand conflict there.

With that being said, the pattern should be clear that Carville is running the Kerry camp and in the process created and co-ordinated the memogate scandal. Your might be asking yourself how I arrive at this.
Lets just say as this unfolds at CBS the trail will lead to Carville and company (Clinton's emissaries).
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: