SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

''John Kerry, Criminal'' and the Silence of the Media
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Swift Vets and POWs for Truth
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Doc Farmer
LCDR

PostPosted: Wed Sep 22, 2004 3:26 am    Post subject: ''John Kerry, Criminal'' and the Silence of the Media Reply with quote

''John Kerry, Criminal'' and the Silence of the Media
Written by Doc Farmer
Wednesday, September 22, 2004

I start this article with a confession. I'm jealous. I wanted to write the article I’m about to speak to you about, but two authors beat me to the draw. Quite frankly, I'd feel much worse about this if I had been able to write a better article than they, but that is not the case. Their article is excellent, factual, well researched, and a devastating indictment of a presidential candidate. Therefore, my jealousy is mollified, but I'm still honked off (only slightly, though).

Henry Mark Holzer and Erika Holzer, who in 2002 wrote the book titled ''Aid and Comfort: Jane Fonda In North Vietnam,'' have written a report for FrontPage Magazine entitled ''John Kerry, Criminal.'' I had spoken to my editor about doing a piece on the laws that John Forbes Kerry had broken in regard to U.S. Criminal Code and the Uniform Code of Military Justice (UCMJ) as regards his actions following his return from Vietnam, while he was still a member of the United States Navy. However, Holzer and Holzer did theirs first. Quite honestly, they also did theirs best. Two thousand, four hundred and fifty-nine carefully crafted words of pure accusation.

To summarize, the Holzers found that Kerry had violated two key federal laws. The first is 10 USC 904, part of the UCMJ, which states:

Any person who . . . without proper authority, knowingly . . . communicates or corresponds with or holds any intercourse with the enemy, either directly or indirectly, shall suffer death or such other punishment as a court-martial or military commission may direct.
The other is 18 USC 953, also known as the Logan Act:

Any citizen of the United States, wherever he may be, who, without authority of the United States, directly or indirectly commences or carries on any correspondence or intercourse with any foreign government or any officer or agent thereof, with intent to influence the measures or conduct of any foreign government or any officer or agent thereof, in relation to any disputes or controversies with the United States, or to defeat the measures of the United States, shall be fined under this title or imprisoned not more than three years, or both.
The Holzers go into great detail on the whys and wherefores and hows of the case against John Kerry, and why he should be prosecuted under these statutes. They make a compelling case. Not being a (insert favorite swear word here) lawyer, you’d think that it would be difficult to follow their indictment, but they walk the judicial neophyte through the issues step by step. They show legal cases and precedents that demonstrate how the pieces of the evidentiary puzzle fit. They show his ability to be charged under the statutes, his military status during the times where the crimes are purported to have been committed (which is imperative for UCMJ jurisdiction) and even the definitions of specific key words in the laws. I guess they didn’t want anybody misunderstanding the meaning of ''is'' in this case....

I could now try to spend the rest of this article trying to explain their simplified legalese into American, but that’s not necessary for two reasons. First, Henry Mark Holzer and Erika Holzer did a pretty good job of that already. Second, and more importantly, it’s not the reason for this week's epistle.

''John Kerry, Criminal'' was published on September 17, 2004. The 217th anniversary of the Constitution. At this writing, it is September 22. The article has been around now for five days. I’ll make a wager: I’ll bet this is the first you’ve ever heard of the Holzers' indictment of John Kerry.

Granted, it's been a busy five days. John Kerry appeared on the Late Show with David Letterman and did a rather lame Top Ten List (only numbers 9 and 2 were actually funny). Dan Rather denied that the forged documents actually were forged, until he was forced to apologize (but still didn’t admit they were forged, I hope you noticed!) The Kerry campaign and the Democratic National Committee denied any knowledge of the forged documents, the people involved, or who the guilty party was who wrote that Top Ten List.

Still, you would think that two prominent (bleeping) lawyers making a serious criminal charge against a presidential candidate would merit at least some mention on the news, or in the blogs, or on the talk radio circuit.

Silence.

I did a search on ''John Kerry, Criminal'' over at news.google.com, and only came up with a single hit. The article itself. Nothing else. No other coverage or mention by ANY members of the press. Why? These are not conspiracy theory wacko nerds in their mom’s basement, playing ''X-Files''--these are sincere researchers. One is an author, and the other os a professor emeritus at Brooklyn Law School who specializes in federal appeals. I doubt Mulder and Scully will be knocking on their door any time soon. However, NBC, ABC, Fox News, and other members of the media should.

Why aren’t the media investigating this? What are they afraid of? The news media seem to have absolutely NO fear of making baseless accusations against a sitting president. Why the reticence on examining well-researched indictments against his opponent? Are the media moguls worried that they might insult Kerry? The lib/dem/soc/commie media seem not to be averse to this when the target is Dubya. Is it concerned that it might have John Edwards sicced on its ivory tower? When he’s not busy chasing a passing ambulance, that is?

This is more than simple media bias. This is cowardice.

The news media keep telling us how brave they are. Newscasters will go into heavy fire zones, cameras rolling through a night-vision scope, to bring America the war-torn images, the truth as they decide to slant it. For weal or for woe, we've accepted that bravery (or at least bravado) and accepted their actions as almost as gutsy as the soldiers they cover.

Sadly, when it comes to a certain presidential candidate, the collective members of our vaunted fourth estate are little more than pusillanimous capitulators. They're not brave. They're not gutsy. I'm beginning to think they're not even truly Americans.

They’re French.

~~~~~oo0oo~~~~~

I urge everyone to read the original article, ''John Kerry, Criminal'' at FrontPage Magazine. You can find it here at http://frontpagemag.com/Articles/ReadArticle.asp?ID=15127. Be sure to send it to your family, your friends, and your local newspapers and television stations. Let the reporters in your hometown know what they're missing, and demand that they at least look at the issue. If they don't? Well, you’ll at least know where they stand in the relentless pursuit of the truth.

About the Writer: Doc Farmer is a writer and humorist who is also a moderator on ChronWatch's Forum. He formerly lived in Saudi Arabia and Qatar, but now resides in Indiana. Doc receives e-mail at docfarmer9999@yahoo.co.uk.

This Article Was First Published At http://www.chronwatch.com/content/contentDisplay.asp?aid=9875

Fat, Bald and Ugly - And PROUD Of It!
mangdawg
Lt.Jg.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 22, 2004 3:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

thanks for the link, doc. i saved it for future references
Doc Farmer
LCDR

PostPosted: Wed Sep 22, 2004 1:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mangdawg wrote:
thanks for the link, doc. i saved it for future references

Be sure to send the story along to your local news outlets (TV, radio, newspaper) and find out why they're not investigating this.

Tom Poole
Vice Admiral

PostPosted: Wed Sep 22, 2004 2:04 pm    Post subject: ''John Kerry, Criminal''... Reply with quote

Henry Mark Holzer and Erika Holzer wrote:
...a few months after his return from Paris he had the effrontery to urge the President of the United States to accept his communist hosts’ plan for “peace”...

Thanks to Doc Farmer, we now understand much better what another lawyer, John O'Neill, has been trying to tell us for decades. It's clear to me he's guilty and some well-funded, well-respected individual or organization should file charges against him. By now every non-comatose American knows he's not some untouchable, special class of individual. He's just another megalomaniacal, cheesy punk, albeit a pampered one. Chop away and let the chips lay.
SangRun Hunter
PO1

PostPosted: Wed Sep 22, 2004 2:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I posted this at the gun forum I moderate at and I will be sending e-mails out to several news agencies also.

As a gun owner and member of the NRA it gives me pause to think this man could be Pres. He has voted 51 times against issues concerning freedom of firearm ownership yet he still tries to act as if he is an ardent supporter of the 2A.

He is a hypocrite and there are many who have a fight in this.

It's unreal that a man who has:

Committed treason

Is for abortion, but claims to be a Catholic

Has not been a friend to gun owners while he says he is

Might be responsible for our POW/MIA's not coming home

Quite possibly responsible for millions of deaths of South Vietnamese

Is talking down the morale of our troopers in the field as I type this!

And much more.......................

Could even have the balls to think he should be president! Not everyone will agree on the issues I have listed above, but we damn well agree on Kerry and that I know.

The fight needs to be taken up another notch and we all need to step it up more and more to make sure this criminal doesn't get in the Whitehouse.

Rant over...........
concernedgranny
Seaman

PostPosted: Wed Sep 22, 2004 8:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This may sound like a stupid question, but I will ask it anyway. Why can't we make the charge of treason? Something like a citizen's arrest thing. I mean, I know it takes money and so forth but are these charges that have to be brought by the government or what? I don't know about these things so I just thought I'd ask. There's got to be a lawyer out there that isn't on the Kerry campaign.

I will try and send it to my paper, but they haven't published my last letter to the editor and I was kinda of nice in that one. This one would probably be torn up right away as they wouldn't want this to hit their paper at all. It is sickening as there are probably 5 for Kerry to 1 for Bush editorials every day. I am passing the link around to my friends that want to vote for Kerry. Hopefully they will read it. A lot of people around here are like concrete, all mixed up and permanately set.
canman
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Wed Sep 22, 2004 8:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kerry was undoubtebly guilty of these crimes during the Vietnam war.

Moving forward on a criminal prosecution is impossible prior to the election and next to impossible after. I do not believe any prosecutor will touch this.

I believe it is a wise decision to not push treason, even though I believe Kerry is guilty of it. If you use that word, you have given the media a soundbite for them to throw out in a disgusting attempt to immediately dismiss the SwiftVets without exploring the truth of the matter. Stick to the message that he betrayed his country, it seems to be working well.
Se7eN
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Wed Sep 22, 2004 9:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Even O'neill on Hannity & Gnomes wouldn't go as far as to say it was treason. Wish he had Wink
truthserum
Seaman

PostPosted: Thu Sep 23, 2004 12:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If Kerry gets elected here is my scenario of what could take place:

Article in New York Times, November 2005

American hostages in Los Angeles are being held by Islamic terrorists. The terrorists stated that they would be beheaded if their demands for a total Islamic fascist city was not established there.

The Military stormed the terrorists' hideout. Hostages were questioned as to whether they were liberals or conservatives. Upon discovery that the hostages were liberals, the military disengaged and the hostages were beheaded.

On further investigation, the military explained that wasting the tax payers money using valuable ammo on liberals was not in the best interest of the country. After all, the tax payers are now paying 75% of their salaries to support Mr. Kerry's health care plan, which by the way does not cover any catastrophic situation as the one we are experiencing.

Now, all over the country, terrorists are taking liberals by the thousands beheading them due to the military's lack of interest in saving them.

Outcries of mercy are being held by liberal protestors all over the country, begging the conservatives to save them from the brutality.

Their cries go unanswered because the population has no guns or any kind of weapons to defend themselves. Shortly after Mr. Kerry took office, all weapons, guns, knives, box cutters, knitting needles, to name a few, were confiscated from the general public. The police departments and fire departments were financially devastated due to Mr. Kerry's policy of driving out most of the country's businesses by forcing them to pay massive fines for hiring Americans instead of Islamic fascists. Therefore we have no first defenders in place for a massive attack such as is occurring.

President J.F. Kerry stated today in an interview with him from his bunker under the White House, "I'm on my cell phone right now negotiating with them, but they don't seem to pay any attention to my word. The terrorists are telling me , how can we trust you, you change your mind too often. I told them why not, the American liberals trusted me.

Meanwhile, President Kerry said to tell the American people, "Your CIC is standing tall for you, remember I am a war veteran with 5, 6, 7, oh, gee, I forget how many, purple hearts. Tell them to treasure that thought and that will get them through this very, difficult time".

My answer to this possibility, we have to do all we can to make sure Bush gets re-elected. We cannot have a traitor for President, except a lot of liberals could disappear.
wvobiwan
Seaman Apprentice

PostPosted: Thu Sep 23, 2004 2:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

canman wrote:
Kerry was undoubtebly guilty of these crimes during the Vietnam war.

Moving forward on a criminal prosecution is impossible prior to the election and next to impossible after. I do not believe any prosecutor will touch this.

I believe it is a wise decision to not push treason, even though I believe Kerry is guilty of it. If you use that word, you have given the media a soundbite for them to throw out in a disgusting attempt to immediately dismiss the SwiftVets without exploring the truth of the matter. Stick to the message that he betrayed his country, it seems to be working well.

I couldn't disagree more. "Betraying his country" is the very definition of treason. I think the Swifties and in fact this nation needs to raise this issue hard and fast - Kerry and his media are attempting the same kind of betrayal now in Iraq. A public accusation of treason would lessen the danger to our soldiers by clamping down on his defeatist and demoralizing rhetoric.

It must be done, and now is the time. Any [...shudder...] lawyers in the house? :>)
kmudd
Master Chief Petty Officer

PostPosted: Thu Sep 23, 2004 2:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

concernedgranny wrote:
This may sound like a stupid question, but I will ask it anyway. Why can't we make the charge of treason? Something like a citizen's arrest thing. I mean, I know it takes money and so forth but are these charges that have to be brought by the government or what? I don't know about these things so I just thought I'd ask. There's got to be a lawyer out there that isn't on the Kerry campaign.

I will try and send it to my paper, but they haven't published my last letter to the editor and I was kinda of nice in that one. This one would probably be torn up right away as they wouldn't want this to hit their paper at all. It is sickening as there are probably 5 for Kerry to 1 for Bush editorials every day. I am passing the link around to my friends that want to vote for Kerry. Hopefully they will read it. A lot of people around here are like concrete, all mixed up and permanately set.

Treason is very hard to prove . It requires two witnesses.

U.S. Constitution Article III
Section 3. Treason against the United States, shall consist only in levying war against them, or in adhering to their enemies, giving them aid and comfort. No person shall be convicted of treason unless on the testimony of two witnesses to the same overt act, or on confession in open court.
drjohn
Senior Chief Petty Officer

PostPosted: Thu Sep 23, 2004 3:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Se7eN wrote:
Even O'neill on Hannity & Gnomes wouldn't go as far as to say it was treason. Wish he had Wink

This is also what I very much wanted to see. Yet I believe there had to be a reason that John hesitated to use the term- although I do not know what that reason might be as yet. John is a highly astute lawyer and I suspect that there are legal principles involved.
Harley90
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Thu Sep 23, 2004 4:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

John Kerry is a co-founder of the VVA (Vietnam Veterans of America) in which I am a member. Without those who founded this orginization, (My guess you would call them "Criminal's" as all of them were Vietnam activists) we wouldn't have the benifits that we have now. Just wanted you to know that "Criminal" was a key person for giving my son a Scholarship. On all the above, I give him credit. Now, voting for him is another matter.
Doc Farmer
LCDR

PostPosted: Thu Sep 23, 2004 1:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

kmudd wrote:
concernedgranny wrote:

Section 3. Treason against the United States, shall consist only in levying war against them, or in adhering to their enemies, giving them aid and comfort. No person shall be convicted of treason unless on the testimony of two witnesses to the same overt act, or on confession in open court.

Well, I'd guess that more than two people witnessed his Senate testimony, his Meet the Press interview and his chucking of medals/ribbons. As to his actions in Paris, he's already confessed to that publicly, but I doubt he'd do the same in a court of law. However, according to Gary Aldrich there are 14 boxes of classified files on John Kerry in the FBI's basement. I'd be willing to wager that there are sound recordings of his discussions with the North Vietnam "peace" delegation in there somewhere...

Dimsdale
Captain

PostPosted: Thu Sep 23, 2004 2:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:

Well, he was on television testifying, under oath(?), of false or unwitnessed war atrocities, and there are pictures of him negotiating with the enemy in France while still an officer of the US Naval Reserve.

Would not that be evidence enough?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Swift Vets and POWs for Truth All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: