SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

TV Ad We Need ASAP

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt
View previous topic :: View next topic  
trueAmericanKS
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Fri Sep 24, 2004 2:32 pm    Post subject: TV Ad We Need ASAP Reply with quote

This is a TV ad someone needs to create and run ASAP. I'm sure it can be improved.

Theme – Endangering our Troops, Insulting our Allies, Motivating the Enemy

The ad opens with a split screen, with a shot of 6 or 7 soldiers on the left side, some seated, some standing or leaning against the wall with coffee, they are dirty, tired and a couple are non-US uniforms, watching the TV news in a remote base in IRAQ, and Islamic Terrorists in the black suits you see on TV beheadings with slits for their eyes. Both are watching the war news: Text over each side defines where they are. Left side text – Forward base outside Fallujah Right side Text – Terrorist hideout inside Fallujah. The scenes on each side change when each new video clip is played, capturing different numbers of people each time, but they all are similar enough to know they are watching these news reports from the same location at different times.

The screen shots on both TVs are the same snippets of news for each viewing group. The TV shots show “Kerry belittling our troops success, declaring it a quagmire, Gore yelling “he betrayed america”, get the troops out in 4 months, Kennedy damning the war effort and calling Bush a liar, Kerry calling the allies the coerced, bribed and _______.” The dates of the speeches should be text as each clip is played. Each time these negative TV videos are shown, the US troops and their allies show their disgust, shaking and hanging their heads, showing frustration, and at the last Kerry comment, one soldier jumps up to quickly shut off the TV, while another throws his helmet in anger, while others put their hands on the shoulders of the allied soldiers while they console them from the insults as the Coalition troops hang their heads and stare at the floor. In the right side view these comments cause the terrorist to get excited positive, and shake their fist is support, jump up and start dancing and high fives, in the final TV scene the terrorist kisses a picture of Kerry and Edwards on the TV while others dance in front of the TV.

The voice over, “Only two times in America has personal political gain been more important that supporting our troops in harms way, (split screen show shots of Kerry testimony photo, anti-war rally and other photos on left, right shows recent photos of Kerry, Kennedy, Gore in their ranting mode) The democrats are sending the wrong message to our troops, allies and the terrorists. You can send the right message, Vote Republican.”

I believe this is a very true ad. Talking to returning IRAQ soldiers, they hated the Ted Kennedy speeches, and their local Iraqi interpreters said these speeches were going to discourage the Iraqi people and embolden the terrorists, and that is exactly what has happened. Just like in Viet Nam, Kerry is trying to win the war for the enemy, but this time he has all of his Democratic Friends doing the same thing.

Stan, Wichita, KS
fr11
Seaman

PostPosted: Fri Sep 24, 2004 2:42 pm    Post subject: Re: TV Ad We Need ASAP Reply with quote

trueAmericanKS wrote:
In the right side view these comments cause the terrorist to get excited positive, and shake their fist is support, jump up and start dancing and high fives.

Do terrorists really use high-fives? Wink Seriously, though, I think you're contacting the wrong group. SBVT is anti-Kerry, not pro-Republican or pro-Bush.
BenJaxBchFL
Seaman

PostPosted: Fri Sep 24, 2004 2:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No but the idea is dead on.

Kerry 30 years ago (scene)

Kerry today (scene)

Voice over: " See any similarities? Kerry sells out our men and women engaged in war for his political gain."
The war against terrorism is not that Americans might die rather that we would alter our way of living. If we get to a point where we choose not to go out because of fear, our economy will sink and in the end so will our nation. Vote Bush.
fr11
Seaman

PostPosted: Fri Sep 24, 2004 2:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BenJaxBchFL wrote:
No but the idea is dead on.

Kerry 30 years ago (scene)

Kerry today (scene)

Voice over: " See any similarities? Kerry sells out our men and women engaged in war for his political gain."

Yeah, I like that idea much better.
Steve Z
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Fri Sep 24, 2004 2:56 pm    Post subject: Kerry Abetting Terrorists Reply with quote

But even if SBVT is only anti-Kerry and not pro-Bush, such an ad would be effective if it showed Kerry on TV advocating rapid withdrawal from Iraq (or Kerry's ad showing a soldier sinking into quicksand), with a split screen of REAL soldiers reacting negatively to the ad, handing out food and fraternizing with peaceful Iraqis, or helping build schools or hospitals. Then, an announcer can say: "John Kerry: Wrong on Vietnam, wrong on Iraq".
God and Country
PO3

PostPosted: Fri Sep 24, 2004 3:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We need to keep attacking the traitor, there is no turning back until after the election. The communist pig will not win. Thanks Swiftees.

Wink Wink Wink Wink Wink Wink Wink Wink Wink Wink Wink Wink Wink Wink Wink Wink Wink Wink Wink Wink
rikkoshay
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Fri Sep 24, 2004 4:03 pm    Post subject: ad Reply with quote

Personally, I like it! It may need some work to ensure the terrorist response would be more accurate (I too have a hard time seeing them high-five or kissing the tv), and making it be Demo vs Repub would be in error too, but it sure would be more hard hitting than the others posed here, although they are good too. We are a visual people now and most Americans have a hard time visualizing our enemy or our guys in country watching tv.

Where else have you posted the idea? Try http://kerrylied.com/ http://moveonforamerica.org/ http://www.citizensunited-interactive.org/ for starters....
fig
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Fri Sep 24, 2004 6:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think a great visual would be if with every one of the comments one soldier would disappear from the left, and one more terroist would appear on the right.
Sun Tzu
Seaman

PostPosted: Fri Sep 24, 2004 6:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would simply play the Senator's remarks on Allawi...and his remarks at WinterSoldier side-by-side.

During Vietnam...Kerry was held up by the North Vietnamese as a hero...his war crimes testimony was used against our POWs.

Now...it's 2004...and he calls the Iraqi Prime Minister a puppet of the government....terrorist groups have been making this same claim for sometime...they will now say that Kerry has verified their claim...and they will use his words in propaganda....to recruit ppl to overthrow the gov...and they will attack our troops.

Some things never change.
wvobiwan
Seaman Apprentice

PostPosted: Fri Sep 24, 2004 7:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree with the overall theme. It's obvious Kerry is whipping out his vile bag of Vietnam tricks, the Swifties should call him on it. I especially like the comparison of his anti-war rhetoric in both Vietnam and Iraq.

His defeatist and enemy-aiding betrayals must not be allowed to again encourage our enemies - NEVER let Vietnam happen again.

The Swifties ought to include an angle that also indicts the leftist media as collaborators with Kerry's attacks on American resolve, then and now. Kerry couldn't have succeeded without his fellow travelers in the 4th estate.
subsailor
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Fri Sep 24, 2004 9:35 pm    Post subject: Kerry's past actions predict his future actions Reply with quote

Idea Kerry's past actions predict his future actions Idea

This is a great serial brainstorm! I love the values, energy and humor in these posts!

Kerry negotiates with enemy in vietnam (2 x Paris + ??) and then advocates postions that serve the interests of that enemy.

Kerry negotiates with enemy in Nicaragua (trips) and then advocates postions that serve the interests of that enemy.

Kerry observes the enemy in Iraq (negotiates with unidentified foreign leaders) and then advocates postions that serve the interests of that enemy.

Other instances are known to you who have worked more on this.

Make it visible with clips of him and audible with recording of him.

Kerry's past betrayals predict his future betrayals

The SwiftVets are real patriots for taking on this "betrayer." It's not over until he is publicly shamed and discredited (more than now)
trueAmericanKS
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Sat Sep 25, 2004 12:25 am    Post subject: You Guys Did Great Reply with quote

I posted the ad idea, and I knew they don't high-five, but we've all seen the videos of the dancing and hand motions they make as they celebrate in front of a burning HumVee, I just don't know what you call it.... other than infuriating!!

I got it off my chest, and the ideas you've added may help someone do something like it, but much better. The disappearing soldiers and increasing terrorists is a nice touch. Kerry is THE PR and RECRUITING Dept. for the terrorists, he has experience in this job, he did it in the 70's.

I knew when I posted it here, the Switvets are focused on anti-Kerry, not pro-Bush, and I respect them for that stand, I wasn't trying to change that, but I assumed some of the posters are aware of other blogs or forums, where an ad like this could impact all the Democratic races.

We need to show Iraqi citizens and the enemy that the common voters in America are committed to finishing this fight, even if it means more aggressive bombing, or turning Fallujah into glass to kill the enemy. We can't lose good American soldiers by being too sensitive. You've seen the videos where the streets are filled with guys with RPG's and machine guns, and kids are all around. They are using this crowd format because they know we are afraid of collateral damage. I believe one American soldier saved is worth a million of these partisan islamic terrorist supporters and future terrorists. Those who want to live in a free Iraq will learn not to stand in the area when guys are carrying RPGs and machine guns trying to kill coalition forces. These guys want to die and see Allah, if they are becoming a democracy, assume they are voting with their actions and give them what they want, a quick trip to see Allah.

Swift Vets are right, and they have kept their campaign focused and honest, they are a first class group and prove it every day. But we need to find an effective voice for this critical issue. Soldiers are not political capital to be spent by Kerry to annoint himself KING. What a low life person he has proven to be.
mcb58
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Sat Sep 25, 2004 12:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well let's pony up and get it into production!

THE GREAT FIFTY-EIGHT
noMOass
Former Member

PostPosted: Sat Sep 25, 2004 6:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

instead of having a group of terrorists watching the television in another scene JUST LIKE the American G.I's......

To better represent the terrorist side.....

A sweaty, dirty looking bearded muslim with his feet propped up on a desk watching a rickety monitor of the same thing the Americans are watching. Over his shoulder is another Islamic Terrorist in his typical hooded fashion standing over a soldier who is blind folded with his shirt off and his back to us. Dog tags hang from his neck. The bearded sweaty terrorist sitting with his feet propped up finishes watching the news clip and turns his head slightly and gives a slight nod.... a nod that will obviously result in the death of the already beaten and blindfolded american soldier. The seated terrorist turns in his chair and gets up and walks with a cigarette hanging out of his mouth and speaks in Araibic to the other terrorist. The hooded terrorist takes out his sword and as he does...... it makes that distinctive metal sword sound. The bearded terrorist then speaks in broken english to the beaten and blindfolded soldier......."where is your Jesus now? we dont beat you with bomb, no..no...the camera make the timid america destroy the rest of you...

and then flash the screen shot to John Kerry of old vietnam testimony and then back to John Kerry present day anti war.

AND THEN.......

Show a newspaper headline that reads..............

SOLDIER BEHEADED

SENATOR SAYS TIME TO PULL OUT
Sun Tzu
Seaman

PostPosted: Sat Sep 25, 2004 6:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kerry wants to finish the job in Iraq...hell, he didn't even finish his job in Vietnam...he left after four months.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: