SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

First Debate Question for Kerry
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt
View previous topic :: View next topic  
RMalloy
PO3

PostPosted: Sat Sep 25, 2004 6:06 pm    Post subject: First Debate Question for Kerry Reply with quote

Senator Kerry, on April 22, 1971, at your Winter Testimony before the Senate you said, and it was recorded, that you had met with Madame Binh, the spokesperson for the Viet Cong along with the emissaries of the North Vietnamese government in Paris, your campaign has also not disputed the meeting took place, Senator Kerry we want to know what you discussed with them and were you still an active member of the
Naval Reserves at the time?

Quote:
Excerpt from Beldar.com

Finally, from an April 24, 2004, article in the New York Times re the 1970 trip (at page 2 of the .pdf file):

Two weeks later, he married Julia Thorne, and on a trip to Europe with his new bride, Mr. Kerry, the 26-year-old ex-lieutenant took a taxicab from Paris to a suburban villa. The son of a diplomat, Mr. Kerry had managed to arrange a private meeting with North Vietnamese and Vietcong emissaries to the peace talks.
He says he does not remember who else was in the room except for Nguyen Thi Binh, the Vietcong spokeswoman in Paris, who was then bedeviling the Nixon administration by issuing peace proposals it considered little more than propaganda.

''It's not a big deal,'' he says now. ''People were dropping in. It was a regular sort of deal.'' Senator Eugene J. McCarthy had visited Paris months earlier, and other officials often sat in with the Vietnamese and held news conferences afterward.

Mr. Kerry said he considered it a fact-finding mission. The talks had been stalemated for months. Still on the table was a year-old Vietcong initiative that included an offer to release American prisoners of war when American forces pulled out.

Mr. Kerry recalled ''testing what I thought the lay of the land was'' in the meeting. ''Not that you take their word for their word, but because you sort of put the pieces of the puzzle together.''

Asked why the Vietnamese would meet with a 26-year-old, Mr. Kerry suggested it was because he had been on television as a veteran opposed to the war. He acknowledged that they might have been trying to use him to shape American public opinion.

''I knew that, and I was trying to be careful about what was real and what wasn't real,'' he said. ''I wanted to really probe. I wanted to look them in the eyes, and say, 'Well, what happens if this happens? And what does this mean?'''

Mr. Kerry came home, and before a Senate hearing 10 months later he criticized President Nixon for not accepting Mrs. Binh's assurances that the Vietnamese would release American prisoners of war if U.S. troops simply left.
jim_nyc
Seaman

PostPosted: Sat Sep 25, 2004 6:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Can I see the secret agent hat you recieved on your secret CIA mission to Cambodia?
BB Stacker
Seaman

PostPosted: Sat Sep 25, 2004 6:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like this...

Sen. Kerry, you have repeated on numerous occasions that you were in Cambodia on Christmas Eve and Christmas day 1968. On the Senate floor you said the memory was "seared, seared in my mind". You gave a detailed account of being shot at on that occasion by friend and foe alike. You have also said the incident was a turning point in your life.

Sen. Kerry do you have any evidence, what so ever, that this incident actually took place or did you just invent the whole episode for purposes of self agrandizement and political motivations?

Sen. Kerry, you have since said that you confused the date of your "secret mission" into Cambodia and that it was likely some other time in January or February.

Sen. Kerry, can you tell the American people how it's possible to confuse a specific date such as Christmas with some random day in some random month at a later time. And can you site any evidence what so ever that such a mission ever took place with you involved?

Sen. Kerry, as you have made your Viet Nam service the corner stone of your campaign and so much of your Viet Nam service has been proven to be a fabrication, haven't you proven, by your own lies, that you are not fit for public office?
RMalloy
PO3

PostPosted: Sat Sep 25, 2004 6:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Keep em coming -

I have to rephrase mine as the debate questions have to in some way relate to this election......

Senator Kerry, as someone who may be our next Commander In Chief,
what would you do, if elected President, you were informed a citizen of the United States had recently met privately with Osama Bin Laden in Paris during the current war on terror in Iraq and Afghanistan, and refused to divulge what he discussed with Bin Laden. Should this person be considered a possible threat to the United States and be thoroughly investigated and perhaps even charged with consorting or aiding and abetting the enemy?
azpatriot
Senior Chief Petty Officer

PostPosted: Sat Sep 25, 2004 6:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Do you have a signed copy of your picture that’s hanging in the Hanoi Museum?

For the record … just how many mines were there on the March 13 1969 mission?

Do you really believe it would have been better for the US and the rest of the world if Saddam had been left in power?

Can you defeat terrorism through apathy?

Can you achieve foreign cooperation through dissing their leaders?

Is your wife a plus or a negative for your campaign?

What’s your favorite color? … Blue NO! Green! AaaaaaaRRRRRRRRRrrrrrrrrrrrrrrGGGGGGg SPLAT!
RMalloy
PO3

PostPosted: Sat Sep 25, 2004 7:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Senator Kerry,

Wouldn't you agree that a man's charactor is by some degree measured by his actions of the past?
Senator Kerry,
You have not spoken about the claims of the Swiftvets For Truth other than to have your counterparts call them partisan hacks, liars, and trash.
What do you Senator Kerry have to say about the Swiftvets, here today, before this audience, do you also claim that these veterans, some of them more decorated than you, and former POW's are nothing more than a Republican smear campaign, could you explain this line of reasoning, Mr. Kerry? It seems the vast majority who served with you back the Swiftvet claims, can they all be liars, Mr. Kerry?
DaveL
Commander

PostPosted: Sat Sep 25, 2004 7:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Based upon the lame questions asked in Kerry's "press conference" this past week, we probably shouldn't have much hope that any of these fine questions posed in this thread will be asked by liberal moderators in the debates...of course I can't be sure that Kerry directly answered the questions asked in the "press conference" since we were not allowed to hear them! It still amazes me that in the first "press conference" Kerry has held since the SBVT single-handedly knocked the "crap" out of his campaign, that no questions were asked about these important charges against Kerry!

PostPosted: Sat Sep 25, 2004 7:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DaveL wrote:
Based upon the lame questions asked in Kerry's "press conference" this past week, we probably shouldn't have much hope that any of these fine questions posed in this thread will be asked by liberal moderators in the debates...of course I can't be sure that Kerry directly answered the questions asked in the "press conference" since we were not allowed to hear them! It still amazes me that in the first "press conference" Kerry has held since the SBVT single-handedly knocked the "crap" out of his campaign, that no questions were asked about these important charges against Kerry!

"I would just like to simply ask: Sen. Kerry, why did you betray your fellow soldiers before the senate committe in 1971?

Sen. Kerry, don't you owe all the Vets and the Americans an apology? Oh, and by the way, how many medals did you throw out? Or was it just the ribbons?"

Sorry guys and gals but I guess I could never be on that panel during the debates. I just could not be civil to that traitor. Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil
blue9t3
Admiral

PostPosted: Sat Sep 25, 2004 9:20 pm    Post subject: answer Reply with quote

[commentator to Kerry]
Mr.Kerry, can you give us one good reason why you should be president?

[Kerry replies]
Aah Aah- hey, you guys said there wouldn't be any trick questions!

[Tereza from the audience]
Hey idiot-dont answer that ******** question-tell him to shove it! Wink
dusty
Admiral

PostPosted: Sat Sep 25, 2004 9:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Senator Kerry, did you belong to and were a spoksman for an organizaton that collected information on US troop musters and ship deployments to feed to our enemies in time of war? What did you do if anything to stop this activity?

But someone else would have to ask him. If I got in the same room with him I believe I'd have to test Theresa's claim that "John's a fighter" statement.
I'd just have to naturally find the answer to that one for myself. And I'd be spotting him a couple of years too.

Dusty
USAF66-70
Lt.Jg.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 25, 2004 11:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

And don’t forget:

Senator Kerry, the White House gardener found these old ribbons and medals in the bushes and was wondering if they’re yours?
CTW
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Sat Sep 25, 2004 11:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

RMalloy wrote:
Keep em coming -

I have to rephrase mine as the debate questions have to in some way relate to this election......

what would you do, if elected President, you were informed a citizen of the United States had recently met privately with Osama Bin Laden in Paris during the current war on terror in Iraq and Afghanistan, and refused to divulge what he discussed with Bin Laden. Should this person be considered a possible threat to the United States and be thoroughly investigated and perhaps even charged with consorting or aiding and abetting the enemy?

That is THE QUESTION. Very Happy That would do him in no matter what his response. If yes.blablabla.. Then he indicts himself and if.. no or well.. blablabla, he's a weak CIC candidate. BUZZZZ You lose!

(How does any citizen get an audience with the N Vietnamese head honchos? I have always wondered how that got set up. But then he says everybody was "dropping by"???? STUPID.)

Now way out as I see it! Good job, Rmalloy.
I like all the others as well. We certainly want to hear him respond to all these questions. To ever have a chance to see it happen Bush has to WIN!

Anyone have any further info about Australia election? CTW

Never Ever Kerry
Navy_Navy_Navy
Admin

PostPosted: Sun Sep 26, 2004 12:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

RMalloy wrote:

THERE IT IS!

GREAT situational question, RMalloy - and one to which we DEFINITELY want an answer.
God and Country
PO3

PostPosted: Sun Sep 26, 2004 1:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Traitor, are you endorsed by The America Communist Party, The French and the UN. Please no flip-flop.

Wink Wink Wink Wink Wink Wink Wink Wink Wink Wink Wink Wink Wink Wink Wink Wink Wink Wink Wink Wink Wink Wink Wink
TEWSPilot
Admiral

PostPosted: Sun Sep 26, 2004 2:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

So many questions, so many answers....

Hey, don't I get to moderate any debates?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: