SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

What will happen to this site after the election?
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt
View previous topic :: View next topic  
diane in IL
Lt.Jg.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 25, 2004 7:14 pm    Post subject: What will happen to this site after the election? Reply with quote

Well, for sure I'll get more work done around the house, but what about the future of this site? I'll go through withdrawal if the site goes by-by Crying or Very sad
RiflemanDD730
Seaman Apprentice

PostPosted: Sat Sep 25, 2004 8:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This site needs to be maintained or another needs to be started after the election for those interested in collating all the info generated into a series of articles or some kind of documentation that illustrates how information can be manipulated to influence an election for the most powerful office on earth.

Ed Kennedy let a woman die without even making a call for help even though he had time to make 17 calls to lawyers before he reported his accident. His run for the presidency was derailed when the NYT Magazine ran a detailed report on Chappaquiddick.

Bob Kerrey became a US Senator and was going to run in the 2000 primary until he was confronted with evidence that he verified a false after action report for his Bronze Star. The NYT Magazine and CBS' 60 Minutes made this public to ensure he did not run again.

John Kerry needs the same kind of closure.
BC
PO3

PostPosted: Sat Sep 25, 2004 8:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:

I think you will see a feeding frenzy from the media about john kerry after he looses in Nov., They'll all be trying to be the one who broke the story.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 25, 2004 8:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

RiflemanDD730 wrote:
This site needs to be maintained or another needs to be started after the election for those interested in collating all the info generated into a series of articles or some kind of documentation that illustrates how information can be manipulated to influence an election for the most powerful office on earth.

Ed Kennedy let a woman die without even making a call for help even though he had time to make 17 calls to lawyers before he reported his accident. His run for the presidency was derailed when the NYT Magazine ran a detailed report on Chappaquiddick.

Bob Kerrey became a US Senator and was going to run in the 2000 primary until he was confronted with evidence that he verified a false after action report for his Bronze Star. The NYT Magazine and CBS' 60 Minutes made this public to ensure he did not run again.

Dito. There will be plenty more we will need to affect. Smile
dmackto
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Sat Sep 25, 2004 9:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I won't be satisfied until Unfit For Command and/or Stolen Honor is required reading in every high school in America. I want the next generation to know the truth of Vietnam and why it ended like it did and how it almost happened again with Iraq but for a brave group of veterans from the Vietnam war who stood up and said, "Never again." I want them to know the whole story so that it never happens again.

Is that too much to hope for?

This is no time for ease and comfort. It is the time to dare and endure.
- Winston Churchill
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
stylin19
Lt.Jg.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 25, 2004 9:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

When Kerry loses the Presidential election, he'll be gearing up to be re-elected as Senator.....
Still lottsa work to be done.
Truegrit
Lieutenant

PostPosted: Sat Sep 25, 2004 10:13 pm    Post subject: SBVT needs to continue beyond Nov Reply with quote

We need to continue the struggle beyond November. We need to organize Vets in Mass. to work to get Ted Kennedy defeated, and to get Kerry out of the Senate (assuming, as I very much hope, that he loses the presidential election and returns to the Senate).

We need to do this for the honor of our military, and not just the defense of America against the defeatist-pacifist wing of the Democratic party.

I hope the cause continues.
coldwarvet
Admiral

PostPosted: Sat Sep 25, 2004 11:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think we should change our focus on defending the troops from wrongful depictions. When ever the Michael Moore’s surface when ever Hollywood produces a movie or one of the micro phone dick heads libels our troops we need to squash them with all of our resources.

"Peace is our Profession"
Strategic Air Command - Motto

USAF 75-79 Security Police
cipher
Vice Admiral

PostPosted: Sat Sep 25, 2004 11:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The mission of the site has always been to bring out the truth about John Kerry. I don't see that mission changing.

As long as Kerry is in office, he is a clear and present danger.

I have no doubt the level of participation will drop, however, there is a TON of research and THOUSANDS of documents to analyze and present in a cogent, meaningful and effective way.

John O'Neill has been doing this for 34 years. I'm sure he's not going to suddenly stop just because THIS election is over.

Who knows, Kerry may want to try again in 2008.
Defense contractor for US Navy, SSPO, SP-20, SP-24, OP-12 84-92
coldwarvet
Admiral

PostPosted: Sun Sep 26, 2004 12:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

cipher wrote:
The mission of the site has always been to bring out the truth about John Kerry. I don't see that mission changing.

As long as Kerry is in office, he is a clear and present danger.

I have no doubt the level of participation will drop, however, there is a TON of research and THOUSANDS of documents to analyze and present in a cogent, meaningful and effective way.

John O'Neill has been doing this for 34 years. I'm sure he's not going to suddenly stop just because THIS election is over.

Who knows, Kerry may want to try again in 2008.

Hi cipher on 11/3/04 do you think their will be any one on the left or right standing in defense of Kerry? I agree with you we must polish him off. And I also agree this site has always been about the truth and after Kerry is just a sad chapter in our history we must not allow wrongful depictions of our troops go unchallenged. Swift Boat Veteran For Truth should be handed down to our children & grand children our long term mission should be about defending the truth of our troops.

cipher
Vice Admiral

PostPosted: Sun Sep 26, 2004 12:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
do you think their will be any one on the left or right standing in defense of Kerry?

Absolutely. There are 30% of the population who think he's the best thing that ever graced the party. And then there's like 98% of Massachusetts that think he's the reincarnation of Jack Kennedy, and should be in the Senate for Life.

No, the work here has just begun, I'm sure.
Defense contractor for US Navy, SSPO, SP-20, SP-24, OP-12 84-92
CTW
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Sun Sep 26, 2004 12:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am glad to read the responses here. This grassroot effort has a great momentum and it needs to continue. I never anticipated that this would ever be a mission in my life but here I am. I want the younger generations to know the truth. The good, the bad and the ugly of it all. America's future depends on it. The world is a different place than in the 60s & 70s in so many ways.
For one, Americans will never be as safe in their daily life as we use to be. Defending our country is dependant upon our leaders understanding the imagination of fanatics/terrorists. Isolationism and containment are not viable policies. Bush and his advisors are revolutionaries. They are leading the way in many issues, domestic and international. But the lessons of Viet Nam era must be recognized and it starts with open discussions with those that were there and all of us affected by the actions and words of the time. It can't be lost to the next generations through the biased rewriting of history by the lefties. CTW

Never Ever Kerry
coldwarvet
Admiral

PostPosted: Sun Sep 26, 2004 12:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The only loyalty Kerry has is that he is not Bush. Once Bush is re elected they will toss him overboard. He will just be a reminder of the nightmarish campaign of 2004 were they not only lost the Whitehouse but several of their favorite leaders were replaced with conservatives that came in on the coat tails of Bush. The SBVFT energy is to large to squander on a lame duck like Kerry. We will need to broaden our scope to keep this boat a float. And it is my opinion the best way to keep it a float is to be the reporting station for any wrongful depictions of the troops. And if Kerry makes it to 2008 the boat will still be here to go after him once again.

Last edited by coldwarvet on Sun Sep 26, 2004 10:36 pm; edited 2 times in total
lrb111
Captain

PostPosted: Sun Sep 26, 2004 12:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

He's been winning what we in Texas would call "county election's", but with the tiny scope of Mass voter's the country has paid dearly, for too long for kerry's actions.
Time to bring this communist idiot all the way down.
coldwarvet
Admiral

PostPosted: Sun Sep 26, 2004 12:46 am    Post subject: Re: SBVT needs to continue beyond Nov Reply with quote

Truegrit wrote:
We need to continue the struggle beyond November. We need to organize Vets in Mass. to work to get Ted Kennedy defeated, and to get Kerry out of the Senate (assuming, as I very much hope, that he loses the presidential election and returns to the Senate).

We need to do this for the honor of our military, and not just the defense of America against the defeatist-pacifist wing of the Democratic party.

I hope the cause continues.

I agree, however this momentum is bigger then Mass & Ted Kennedy. How about replacing my WI senator Russ Feingold with Tim Michels http://www.michelsforsenate.com/who served 12 years as an Army Ranger. We need to sort out our SBVFT members state by state so we can get the best leaders that will support our troops. And if our issue is about getting the best leaders that will best support our troops we will remain within the rules of 527.

Last edited by coldwarvet on Sun Sep 26, 2004 10:38 pm; edited 1 time in total
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: