SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Scott Camil and media coverage
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Resources & Research
View previous topic :: View next topic  
kimberly
PO2

PostPosted: Sat Sep 25, 2004 11:14 pm    Post subject: Scott Camil and media coverage Reply with quote

I have taken note that Scott Camil is a Kerry campaign rep for Florida and is listed as such on his website.

If this is the same Scott Camil who admitted to planning the assassination of Senators and was a 'member' of the Gainsville 8, why is this not being reported by the media.

Perhaps I am wrong, this could be different person, but if it is, it would put Kerry on the defense, again.

Kimberly
Hammer2
PO2

PostPosted: Sat Sep 25, 2004 11:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It is the same person. Scott lives in Gainsville, FL.

Interesting how so many of Kerry's old commie VVAW buddies are working in his campaign.

Here are a few links about Scott:

http://www.theledger.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20040327/NEWS/403270369/1134

http://www.jou.ufl.edu/pubs/onb/f98/freedom.htm

http://iml.jou.ufl.edu/carlson/mmc5015/Homepages/F2001/Aragon/default.html

http://www.afn.org/~iguana/archives/1997_04/19970408.html
Navy_Navy_Navy
Admin

PostPosted: Sun Sep 26, 2004 12:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm not positive, but I do believe that Camil was removed from the Kerry Campaign's (official) staff after about two months.

He was the one to whom that flyer was given that was supposedly made by SBVFT and picked up by a "bystander" in the Gainesville GOP office.
Misty
Lieutenant

PostPosted: Sun Sep 26, 2004 8:49 am    Post subject: Burkett and Camil connection Reply with quote

Navy_Navy_Navy wrote:
I'm not positive, but I do believe that Camil was removed from the Kerry Campaign's (official) staff after about two months.

He was the one to whom that flyer was given that was supposedly made by SBVFT and picked up by a "bystander" in the Gainesville GOP office.

It figures. Scott Camil is a member of VVAWAI (communist front group) and is a signatorie of the same Conscientious objector statement that Bill Burkett signed. Go to this site and look on the list of signatories from the left side of the page. http://web.archive.org/web/20030421015753/http://www.oz.net/~vvawai/CtC/vcc-signers.html

The VVAWAI was tied in with the VVAW until the connection began to take away some of the credibility of the VVAW because of the communist connection. I have contended all along that they never really broke ties. That Scott Camil and others from VVAWAI are still connected with Kerry, along with Bill Burkett who is in the same organizations, does not surprise me!

admin note: updated URL from internet archive
Brother was on the USS Regulus - Vietnam
Husband was AirForce 3rd (34th) Tactical Fighter Wing - Security Police Bien Hoa Vietnam

Last edited by Misty on Sun Sep 26, 2004 6:37 pm; edited 1 time in total
Misty
Lieutenant

PostPosted: Sun Sep 26, 2004 8:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

BTW, for an interesting glimpse into the communist connections, just google up VVAWAI and then follow the links from their page. It's quite enlightening.
Husband was AirForce 3rd (34th) Tactical Fighter Wing - Security Police Bien Hoa Vietnam
Misty
Lieutenant

PostPosted: Sun Sep 26, 2004 8:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

At the Call to Conscience Website on the list of speakers this is listed for Scott Camil......

Scott Camil
Marine Corps 1965-1969
Box 141693 Gainesville, FL 32614
Gainesville, Florida
s.camil@att.net

20 months in Vietnam, 2 Purple hearts. Southeast Regional Coordinator VVAW 1971-1973. Gainesville 8 defendant 1972-73. Founder Gainesville Veterans for Peace 1987. VFP Central American fact finding trip, 1987. Eastern United States Coordinator, Vietnam Friendship Village project. Member, Vietnam Veterans Against the War Anti-Imperialist. Green Party Agent, Alachua County FL. St. Johns Sierra Club Executive Committee member, Political. Draft counselor, Central Committee for Conscience Objectors, Alachua
Misty
Lieutenant

PostPosted: Sun Sep 26, 2004 6:36 pm    Post subject: Burkett and Camil connection Reply with quote

Hope you all see my note above.............
Hammer2
PO2

PostPosted: Sun Sep 26, 2004 7:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Navy_Navy_Navy wrote:

N3,
I don't beleive Scott Camil was involved in the flyer incident. See these two articles:
http://www.capitolhillblue.com/artman/publish/article_5077.shtml
http://blog.johnkerry.com/rapidresponse/archives/002519.html

I believe you are thinking of Scott Maddox, the Florida Democratic Party Chairman.

It is interesting to note, if you read the actual flyer, it is not representing that anyone from SBVT is to appear at this rally, only that there will be excerpts from "Unfit for Command" read at the rally.

But, when has the truth ever mattered to these Moonbats?
Navy_Navy_Navy
Admin

PostPosted: Sun Sep 26, 2004 7:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I wish I could remember the discussion - when the flyer incident occurred, we had a couple of lengthy conversations about it.

If I remember correctly, the person who originally "found" the flyer at the Gainesville BC'04 turned it over to Scott Camil, initially.

Odd that there's no mention of that on the JK blogspot, hm? Wink
Misty
Lieutenant

PostPosted: Sun Sep 26, 2004 7:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am not so sure about that, Hammer. Scott Camil led the effort to pull together the Veterans for Kerry. Sandusky is also from Gainesville. Camil is a background character in this saga, but he is deeply involved nonetheless.
Hammer2
PO2

PostPosted: Sun Sep 26, 2004 8:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Let me retract my last statement about Scott Camil not being involved. I have been researching this Bill Shilling who is the Kerry campaign volunteer who "found" the flyers.

Check out this link:
http://www.allveteransforkerry.org/index.html

Click on the advisory board button. Search the list of names - there are two there that we are interested in - Bill Shilling and Scott Camil.
This proves that they know each other. Bill is on the advisory board of All Veterans for Kerry, which bills itself as an independent organization, but he is also a campaign worker for the Florida Democratic Party - is this coordination?
Is this organization a front for John Kerry's old VVAW buddies to campaign for him without having a direct connection to his campaign?

Funny thing, the domain is registered to Kenneth Louis Clark, who just happens to live in...drumroll please...Gainesville Florida, home of Scott Camil!
Kenneth Louis Clark is webmaster for AllVeteransForKerry.org (non veteran). Webmaster for Suwannee-St. John's Sierra Club website. President of the Humanist Society of Gainesville:

http://www.gainesvillehumanists.org/

My these people are busy little beavers!

O, what a tangled web we weave,
When first we practise to deceive!

Sir Walter Scott (1771–1832), Scottish novelist, poet.
Misty
Lieutenant

PostPosted: Sun Sep 26, 2004 8:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Odd, don't you think, that Sandusky and Camil are residents of Gainesville and up to their necks in Kerry's fraud?
Hammer2
PO2

PostPosted: Sun Sep 26, 2004 8:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Something else interesting!

Scott Camil and Del Sandusky have been together at Kerry rallies.

http://www.bradenton.com/mld/bradenton/news/local/9061887.htm
Misty
Lieutenant

PostPosted: Sun Sep 26, 2004 8:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Of course. Please help find the ties to Bill Burkett.

These people are all a part of the fraud Kerry is perpetrating on the American people. What a bunch of idiot ********! Smile I love quoting Terayza! Smile
Navy_Navy_Navy
Admin

PostPosted: Sun Sep 26, 2004 8:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

From your link:

Quote:
"A veteran will vote for whoever he thinks is going to be the best commander in chief," Sandusky said.

Heh heh heh.... so right you are on THAT point, Mr. Sandusky! Razz

So you go ahead and vote for him.

The rest of us are getting smart enough to know that our troops deserve better than Traitor John!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Resources & Research All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: