SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

'Hanoi Jane' Partners with MoveOn.Org
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Vets and Active Duty Military
View previous topic :: View next topic  
stupson
Seaman Apprentice

PostPosted: Sun Sep 26, 2004 12:49 am    Post subject: 'Hanoi Jane' Partners with MoveOn.Org Reply with quote

Ain't life grand? Women are present so I must "stiffle myself."

Saturday, Sept. 25, 2004 8:10 p.m. EDT
'Hanoi Jane' Partners with MoveOn.Org
'Hanoi Jane' Fonda is teaming up with a leading anti-Bush 527 group in a bid to register millions of women voters to cast their ballots for her old anti-war protest partner, John Kerry.
Fonda, who called President Bush a "radical ideologue" during a campaign stop in New York City last week, was asked about her latest move during a recent interview with CNN's Paula Zahn, and explained why she's come out of political retirement to back Kerry:
ZAHN: Let's talk a little bit about this partnership you have with MoveOn.org, an organization that has spent tens of millions of dollars to try to defeat George W. Bush. Is it your primary goal to elect John Kerry?
FONDA: Our primary goal is to try to get the 50 million women who are eligible to vote and have not voted to vote. We want the woman's voice to be in the body politic.
ZAHN: But the fact is, Jane, with the vast amount of money that MoveOn.org has spent running ads against President Bush, is there any way you can encourage women out there who would be inclined to vote Republican to come to the polls?
FONDA: We're the majority. If we voted, we would make a difference. We could decide who was elected. We could decide whether the person elected, man or woman, was going to care about and speak to our issues. . . . .
ZAHN: Jane, I find it hard to believe when you talk to these 50 million women out there that didn't vote that you just want them to vote their hearts. You really want them to vote for John Kerry, don't you?
FONDA: I'm not putting myself, nor am I asked to be in either campaign. I'm just saying that I know that if women voted and they voted with their hearts and with their bodies and their souls, that the future would be more safe, because that's where our hearts are.
ZAHN: But you personally, obviously, are more comfortable with Kerry.
FONDA: I'm a Democrat. My father would strike me dead from the heavens if I ever voted for a Republican. Ted could never understand: "You've never voted for a Republican?" I can't do that to my father, who was a yellow dog Democrat. What can I say? [END OF EXCERPT]
Zahn then broached the sensitive subject of the Vietnam War, which Fonda and Kerry protested together in 1970 and 71, prompting the controversial actress to share her insights into why so many Americans still hate her.
ZAHN: Jane, you have spent a number of years trying to put your controversial Vietnam past behind you. And yet for the last week or so, we have seen a tremendous amount of news coverage on George W. Bush's service in the national guard and questions being asked about John Kerry's service in Vietnam.
What does that tell us about how raw the feelings are to this day about the Vietnam War?
FONDA: It tells us that they're raw. It tells us that we have not healed. We need to heal from this wound, because it's very directly connected to what -- to the new wound. We haven't learned, you know, the lessons of Vietnam. ZAHN: Jane, you have apologized to the families of Vietnam War vets, saying that maybe you have said some things that you wish you hadn't said along the way. Do you think you'll ever be able to satisfy people to this day who question what you did in Vietnam?
FONDA: No. There's a lot of people who -- who -- it's a cottage industry to hate me. And if they -- if they stop, that might mean that they'd have to look at some things that would question their own identity. And that's -- it's very hard for people to do.
[END OF INTERVIEW]

John Kerry---half French and half assed.
TEWSPilot
Admiral

PostPosted: Sun Sep 26, 2004 1:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm shocked....shocked... Round up the usual suspects!

Navy_Navy_Navy
Admin

PostPosted: Sun Sep 26, 2004 2:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You know, there are certain circles in which just the mention of Hanoi Jane creates a viscerally negative response.

Her open campaigning for him can only mean good things for those of us who want him defeated.

Get this word out there! Cool
TEWSPilot
Admiral

PostPosted: Sun Sep 26, 2004 2:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

So, is she going to recant her apology to Vietnam vets, too? Shocked
Navy_Navy_Navy
Admin

PostPosted: Sun Sep 26, 2004 2:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

What apology?

You count that equivocating, qualitative rambling an apology? Wink

From her point of view, she's got nothing to recant, 'cause she didn't say a friggin' meaningful thing to begin with! Very Happy
blue9t3
Admiral

PostPosted: Sun Sep 26, 2004 2:54 am    Post subject: jane again Reply with quote

Dumb ass dont know when to shut up! I can only hope this reflects nicely on Teddy the check book!
TEWSPilot
Admiral

PostPosted: Sun Sep 26, 2004 2:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I never considered the apology she made in about '88 (too little too late) in an interview with Barbara Walters to be sincere even though she made a feeble attempt. I also heard she had become a Christian, and that may have influenced her to make a public apology. Only God knows if her conversion was genuine, and only her actions will give the rest of us a clue. If her actions since that apology, and now punctuated by her aligning herself with "******* idiots" (just quoting one of her friends) is an action by which we can gain insight into her true self, well, if she walks with "******* idiots" and talks like those "******* idiots" ,....then she can "Shove it!"
stupson
Seaman Apprentice

PostPosted: Sun Sep 26, 2004 8:21 pm    Post subject: Hey TEWSPilot Reply with quote

I find the idea of Fonda having a conversion to Christianity somewhat laughable. How many deeply religious people would promote a movement called "Vagi..s Vote?" I can't see it happening.

But hey, Kerry wants America to believe he was a Superman / Audie Murphy clone surrounded by Baby Killers. Some with IQs lower than waist size believe him.
Doc Jerry
Commander

PostPosted: Sun Sep 26, 2004 8:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So Jane hooks up with MoveOn. Where else do Commies have left to go these days? Appears appropriate to me. Those stripes never change.

Cool Medics, we're there when you need us.
Redleg
Lt.Jg.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 27, 2004 12:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

So why does ACK-ACK Jane need to give an apology?
She still has her money, but maybe no more films or free tickets to the Brave's games.
Her dead Daddy would turn over in his grave if she voted Republican...give me a break! He would only be mad in his next life. Wink
Sorry.......but I cannot ever accept any apology from her, as she had to be on Barbara Wa-Wa for pay and couldn't just do a live press conference and show some real emotion.
garb1015
Seaman Apprentice

PostPosted: Mon Sep 27, 2004 3:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I recall that early on Fonda said that she would distance herself from the Kerry campaign to keep the protest days from becoming an issue. Now, with a little over a month to go until election night, she is crawling out from under her rock.
That is fine with me because she can do nothing but hurt an already troubled campaign. Just the mention of her name brings a negative response from most people. And for her to even refer to her father in the interview was an attempt to show that they had a common ground in politics. How long did he go without speaking to her after her return from Hanoi?
And her feeble, halfhearted apology did nothing but make me dislike her even more.
Who will be next to rear their ugly head? Tom Hayden?
gocars
Lt.Jg.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 27, 2004 7:51 pm    Post subject: Fonda and Kerry both Suck Reply with quote

More unending rhetoric from a woman that should have received what Julius and Ethel Rosenberg got in the early 1950's - DEATH for treason and espionage against the United States of America. Draw your own conclusions as to what most of us feel should have happened to Kerry....

gocars
101st Airborne
'Nam 67-70
U.S. Army Rangers Lead the Way!
sixdogteam
Seaman

PostPosted: Tue Sep 28, 2004 12:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fonda alligning herself with Kerry will probably help Bush...
Alpha924
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Tue Sep 28, 2004 1:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

come on!,
was there any doubt that the hanoi b#%&h was gonna join in with her commie lover canidate? it was all just a question of when! this is their big chance to spit on us again. just having that puke run is insult enough. how could he get to the place he is in, even now?

Evil will flourish when good men stand by and do nothing! Get out and vote let's make this defeat for the commie a big one. The bigger it is, the better our troops are going to be respected and feared...... My neighbor had a kerry sign in his yard. We are friends, I just told him that as a Nam Vet, I took that as a personal insult that he would put that up because of what that commie did to us. We had a long talk. Like I said he is my friend and took it down. Some folks have them up just because of ignorance, we need to help those folks out by providing truth. Sometimes it just takes a little conversation. Make this stand for Liberty a personal one. Most of you have faced death on a battlefield off in some foreign land. Well today, the battle for Liberty and Freedom is right before us in our homeland. Which one of you would not take up arms if the enemy were marching down our streets? Well he is there now, but the weapons we need to use are our minds and the truth. I don't like to say this but, the battle is not about GW, we are still fighting the commies that defeated us in Nam even though we were victorious on the field of battle. This is the same enemy that has poisoned our youth, corrupts our justice system, disregards our Constitution, and is in every way trying to degrade the American way of life. I for one do not intend to loose this fight….. and it is the hardest I have ever had. Part of it is my battle to put down my own disdain for these pukes to be able to approach people without the scorn in my voice, so I can make the point. Also not to just waste time on fools, but better to direct conversation to people of reason.

Just some of my thoughts,
Regards,
ALMOUNT
Lt.Jg.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 28, 2004 1:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If my wife is any example (she never votes, but will this time for Bush)

the SBVT ads will have had more impact than anything

Hanoi (Whose The Baby Killer Now) Jane could muster.

http://www.DELTARAIDERS.COM

I killed a six pack....just to watch it DIE
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Vets and Active Duty Military All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: