SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Same old Kerry

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Vets and Active Duty Military
View previous topic :: View next topic  
gator60
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Thu Sep 23, 2004 4:23 pm    Post subject: Same old Kerry Reply with quote

The man just can't stop giving aid and confort to the enemy. To be running his mouth the way he is,will do nothing but incurage the enemy in Iraq to cut off heads to blow, off armes ect.. He is selling are troops out and putting them in danger. Hes a lot older but he still the same old Kerry
Third
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Thu Sep 23, 2004 4:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You are absolutly right. Look what they are doing now.
Reprinted from NewsMax.com

Thursday, Sept. 23, 2004 10:29 a.m. EDT
Anti-war Protesters Taunt Slain GI's Family

A candlelight vigil to commemorate the death of the 1,000 U.S. soldiers killed in Iraq turned ugly last week when anti-war protesters began heckling the family of a GI who was among those killed.

According to NBC's Dallas affiliate, one North Texas family - whose relative, Chad Drake, was killed outside Baghdad on Sept. 6 - were among the mourners at Dallas City Hall Plaza, at an event organized by the Dallas Peace Center. Mom Told Son 'Died for Nothing'

A family friend told NBC's News 5 that at one point during the ceremony, several peaceniks began hurling verbal abuse toward Drake's family after they learned Drake had fought in the war.

The friend, who witnessed the abuse, said Drake's mother was "harassed and yelled at, booed and hissed, [and] told her son died for nothing."

Mrs. Drake reportedly left the event in tears. Afterward, Drake's sister told NBC News 5 that the family thought some of the crowd was blatantly hostile to those who had sacrificed their lives while serving their country.

Lon Burnam, director of the Dallas Peace Center, said the event was not intended to be an anti-war rally, but acknowledged that e-mail notifications of the vigil were sent to a broad audience that might have included a few militants.

After family friends complained in the media about the mistreatment of the Drake family, the Peace Center issued an apology.

"I want to be clear in issuing an apology to the mother of the recent victim of that war," Burnam said, "I can certainly understand why she would not feel comfortable in that particular venue with that particular group of people."

War on Terrorism
gator60
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Thu Sep 23, 2004 4:56 pm    Post subject: Kerry Reply with quote

I Just went on Mike Savage's site and saw the murder of Eugene Armstrong. Thanks John Kerry
gator60
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Thu Sep 23, 2004 6:00 pm    Post subject: Drake family Reply with quote

I feel very sad for that family. Kerry's band of brothers should have got some Texas Justice.
gator60
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Tue Sep 28, 2004 6:09 pm    Post subject: Kerry's band of brothers strike again. Reply with quote

American GI Attacked By ''Peace'' Protester

Decorated Soldier Reportedly Attacked At Concert
COLUMBUS, Ohio -- A local soldier back from the war in Iraq said he was beaten at an area concert because of what was printed on his T-shirt, "Operation Iraqi Freedom", NBC 4's Nancy Burton reported.

Foster Barton, 19, of Grove City, received a Purple Heart for his military service in Iraq. He almost lost his leg last month after a Humvee he was riding in ran over a landmine.

Barton said he was injured again Friday night in a crowded parking lot as he was leaving the Toby Keith concert at Germain Amphitheatre. The solider was injured so badly that he can't go back to Iraq as scheduled.

"I don't remember getting hit at all, really," said Barton, a member of the 1st Calvary Division. "He hit me in the back of the head. I fell and hit the ground. I was knocked unconscious and he continued to punch and kick me on the ground."

Barton and his family said he was beat up because he was wearing an Iraqi freedom T-shirt.

"It's not our fault," Barton said. "I'm just doing a job."

According to a Columbus police report, six witnesses who didn't know Barton said the person who beat him up was screaming profanities and making crude remarks about U.S. soldiers, Burton reported.

One witness, a friend of the alleged attacker, said Barton hit first. Police said they do not think that witness is credible since the six other witnesses said Barton was hit from behind.

Barton's mother said she has a message for her son's alleged attacker, who police said ran into the crowd after the incident and was not arrested.

"He needs our prayers, just like the insurgents, because he's a coward," Cindy Barton said.

After a two-week leave, Barton was supposed to return to Iraq Tuesday. But his broken nose will delay his return.

Barton is waiting for doctors to tell him when he can return to active duty. He said wants to go back as soon as possible because his unit was just attacked. Eleven soldiers were wounded and two were killed, he said.

Nancy Burton, the reporter that broke this story just reported that Foster would appreciate hearing from anyone who like to write. She is trying to get this story to President Bush and hopefully he will recognize Foster at one of his many Ohio visits.

Send cards and letters to him at this address:

Foster Barton
1998 Farmbrook Circle
Grove City, OH 43123
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Vets and Active Duty Military All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: