SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Why this former spouse supports the Swifties vs Kerry

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Resources & Research
View previous topic :: View next topic  
saraleslie
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Sun Sep 26, 2004 1:47 am    Post subject: Why this former spouse supports the Swifties vs Kerry Reply with quote

Hello all. To briefly introduce myself, I am the former spouse of a career (26 years) Navy Master Chief and Chief Warrant Officer who served in 1968 and 1969 attached to the Mobile Riverine Force, Mekong Delta. He was part of the support and salvage teams from the USS Sphinx and at the time a 1st Class Shipfitter. His stories of what it was like patrolling the river at that time have stayed with me over all these years. However, my own connection to the cause for truth of the Swift Boat Veterans for Truth is what John Kerry did when he returned Stateside.

It was not easy being a military family back then as all of you remember, I'm sure. I was refused employment, we were refused rentals (in San Diego there were signs saying "no pets, no sailors") and you didn't dare appear in public in uniform from about 1972 on or risk attack.

And attack they did ... the worst was the day of the raw sewage throwing as we left the base.

However, what has stayed with me as deeply as for some of you who served honorably during these trying times is what happened to our 7 year old son.

Shortly after John Kerry gave his infamous Congressional testimony, my 7 year old was called upon in class to recite what he had "done last night before going to bed." In typical 2nd grade speak, he recited a list of things like ... ate dinner, watched TV, brushed my teeth, said prayers for my Daddy (who at that time was on his 3rd Vietnam tour).

This is where the story goes very very bad.

This young child was told by his stringy-haired, flip flop clad teacher that,
"God doesn't listen to prayers for baby killers."

My son punched the teacher and I was called to school to "deal" with this unruly child.

When I was told what the teacher said, I told the principal, "get her out of here before I do more than punch her." At that point, I was threatened with police action.

So, do we have a beef against John Kerry that may be 30 plus years old, or should we move on as so many think we should. We did move on, we moved on for all those thirty plus years, put the whole thing behind us ... until this campaign. I'm a Mom and a wife who feels every bit as strongly about both Kerry's cowardly Vietnam actions and his disgusting anti-war actions and I cannot understand how any decent human being can support the man.

Thank you for listening. Thank you for speaking up for all of us.
Mekong Delta, salvage and repair)
We suffered at home too.
neverforget
Vice Admiral

PostPosted: Sun Sep 26, 2004 2:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would definitely consider writing to the Riverside Statesman??? Can't remember. That story needs to be read everywhere and by everyone. I'm sorry that happened to your son and you and your husband. That is so beyond the pale.

But, of course, as Jane Fonda says, "...anyone who still hates me for what I did needs it for their identity." (paraphrased) I bet that teacher believed in everything Fonda and Kerry still believe in.
Navy_Navy_Navy
Admin

PostPosted: Sun Sep 26, 2004 2:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello, Sara and welcome aboard. Pretty much all "friendlies," here.

Thanks for telling your story.

This is the part of the Vietnam war that no media has ever wanted to cover.
Stevie
Master Chief Petty Officer of the Navy

PostPosted: Sun Sep 26, 2004 5:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome Sara !

This is one of the stories that should be on Hannity or O' Reilly !

I don't remember much of that stuff happening - but then I wasn't around military people - but I do remember hearing about it!

It's just beyond belief! What is wrong with people anyway? Even IF the dad did something wrong - you don't blame the child !!!!! That teacher should have been fired!

It's so sad that people believed Kerry and Fonda !

and Kerry keeps on spewing his LIES !
be arrested, exiled or hanged.
minnie presley
Commander

PostPosted: Sun Sep 26, 2004 10:29 pm    Post subject: sara story Reply with quote

I feel for you and your family, those were horribl;e days, but I am afraid not enough people are hearing these tories, we need to get it on hannity or rush, oreilly will not use it he thinks swiftvets are lying, Just heard on foxnews that kerry will try to get support during the debate this week by using his service in vietnam
Aristotle The Hun
PO1

PostPosted: Mon Sep 27, 2004 5:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Please tell your story to everyone you can. Send email to the blogs and the media outlets, and send a letter to the editor of your local paper.

And God Bless.

Sam
Rdtf
CNO

PostPosted: Mon Sep 27, 2004 11:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am humbled by your story and grateful that you shared it. Thank you. You should pass that around via email to everywhere you can. Our country's future is at stake, and that very man that did that to your family wants to be in charge of the military and our country. It just can't happen.
Theresa Alwood
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Thu Sep 30, 2004 2:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

As a spouse I do know the difficulties of being a single Mom while married; no support from home, little support from the unit. It is and was rough. It was the toughest job I ever had to do and never got paid for it. When Keith retired in 2000 I asked him only one think and that was for him to wait until 2001 so Bush could sign his retirement orders not Clinton. Keith was tired and was done and did not want to wait another 6 months. Oh well...at least he is just in INR for now. The backbone of the military are the spouses who take care of everything while they are gone! Hand in hand we worked behind our great men, never given a medal, never given a letter of appreciation until retirement. Damn! It was a hard life. Not for the weak at heart!
SangRun Hunter
PO1

PostPosted: Thu Sep 30, 2004 7:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My grandma wrote a letter to the editor to dispute all soldiers being labled baby killers while my uncle was over there.

In that time they used to put your name an address at they bottom of the letter.

She had people calling her wishing death upon my uncle. They also threatened my grandma's life.

Kerry and his ilk are responsible for that kind of behavior he and the Jane Fonda's need to pay and pay for it. I'm a believer of Heaven and Hell and I bet some of these people will hev some splainin' to do when they get where they are going.
Warthog
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Fri Oct 01, 2004 4:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sara -

As Sean Hannity would say, you're a great American. Steady as you go and keep up the good work. We have to set the record straight., chapter and verse, as to the facts and circumstances of our honorable service.

Warthog
HM/2, USN
K&L 3/5, 1st Mardiv, 1969
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Resources & Research All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: