SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

MSM is a Hazard to our Health

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Nomorelies
Vice Admiral

PostPosted: Sun Sep 26, 2004 5:35 pm    Post subject: MSM is a Hazard to our Health Reply with quote

I came across a great observation by Deacon at Powerlineblog.com Consider this:

Quote:
Some dare call it journalism

Our round-up of commentary on CBS and the bloggers would not be complete without the clueless reflections of Richard Cohen, in a piece called "Journalism Happens." Cohen's concern is that "more and more Americans are getting their news through partisan filters -- talk radio, Web logs, Fox News, and the like." This phenomenon "enhances the importance of national or regional outlets that do not have, or share, an ideological purpose." Cohen does not cite any support for the view that those who listen to talk radio, watch Fox News, or read blogs do not also consume the MSM product. If our mail is any indication, readers of Power Line are still getting information from the MSM, with unfortunate consequences for their blood pressure.

I have found in the past few months that my blood pressure skyrockets when I watch them. Is that happening to you? We really do have a very serious problem to deal with when we hear obvious bias and lies from the MSM and are left with the ultimate frustration of screaming "F" you to our television sets. This issue is growing more profound by the day. I must confess that the ONLY way I can physically watch Hannity and Colmes is to hit the mute button everytime the geek speaks.

I wonder where this anger thing will take us as a nation?

Admin note - please provide a link when reproduction content in this forum. Link added.

Last edited by Nomorelies on Sun Sep 26, 2004 8:22 pm; edited 1 time in total

PostPosted: Sun Sep 26, 2004 5:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Aside from hitting the remote button I also have to make sure that there is nothing I can throw at the TV around me...........the MSM really is getting us ..................................... won't say it here! Mad Mad Mad
shadowy
Commander

PostPosted: Sun Sep 26, 2004 8:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I guess those "partisan filters" would "enhance the importance of national or regional outlets that do not have, or share, an ideological purpose"---if there even WAS such a thing.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: