SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Kerry's looking for American failure -- and he's it

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Kerry - VVAW Leadership & "Wintersoldier"
View previous topic :: View next topic  
neverforget
Vice Admiral

PostPosted: Sat Sep 25, 2004 3:12 pm    Post subject: Kerry's looking for American failure -- and he's it Reply with quote

Mark Steyn, the best:

>>Before John Kerry, the only alumni of Swiss finishing schools I'd ever met (in my younger days) were a certain type of lively English girl, a couple of minor princesses from Gulf emirates and a charming young Iranian lady whose family had been forced to flee after the shah fell. Collectively, they all fell into the category the British call ''posh totty.'' And, although they were way out of my league, the one thing I noticed was their impeccable carriage -- they'd done all the walking-around-with-books-on-your-head stuff -- and how exquisitely well-mannered they were. Even when giving you the brush for being a broke loser, they were very nice about it.

In this respect, John Kerry isn't exactly the best advertisement for his Swiss finishing school. Forget the impeccable carriage -- if you imagine you're watching streaming video on a slow dial-up connection, his gait seems perfectly natural. But the manners thing seems to have passed him by entirely. His decision to break the time-honored tradition of keeping out of the way during the other guy's convention by rushing on the air within an hour of President Bush's speech to give an instant response was boorish and petty. But, given that his ''midnight rambler'' routine in Ohio was a disaster, there didn't seem much point dwelling on it.

But last week he did it again. Ayad Allawi, the first prime minister of post-Saddam Iraq, was in Washington to give a joint address to Congress. A tough, stocky, bullet-headed optimist, Iraq's interim leader delivered a simple, elegant and moving speech, which made three basic points:

''First, we are succeeding in Iraq. [Applause] It's a tough struggle with setbacks, but we are succeeding . . .

''The second message is quite simple and one that I would like to deliver directly from my people to yours: Thank you, America [Applause] . . .

''Third, I stand here today as the prime minister of a country emerging finally from dark ages of violence, aggression, corruption and greed . . . Well over a million Iraqis were murdered or are missing . . .''<<

http://www.suntimes.com/output/steyn/cst-edt-steyn26.html
Scott
Master Chief Petty Officer of the Navy

PostPosted: Sat Sep 25, 2004 4:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Outstanding! (Although that's pretty much par for the course for Steyn.)

Here's a definite money graph:

Quote:
What a small, graceless man Kerry is. The nature of adversarial politics in a democratic society makes George W. Bush his opponent. But it was entirely Kerry's choice to expand the field, to put himself on the other side of Allawi and the Iraqi people. Given his frequent boasts that he knows how to reach out to America's allies, it's remarkable how often he feels the need to insult them: Britain, Australia, and now free Iraq. But, because this pampered cipher has floundered for 18 months to find any rationale for his candidacy other than his indestructible belief in his own indispensability, Kerry finds himself a month before the election with no platform to run on other than American defeat. He has decided to co-opt the jihadist death-cult, the Baathist dead-enders, the suicide bombers and other misfits and run as the candidate of American failure. This would be shameful if he weren't so laughably inept at it.

coldwarvet
Admiral

PostPosted: Sat Sep 25, 2004 4:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Give me the man who sees the glass half full over the man who sees it half empty any time. The same, glass half empty crowd hammered away at us and made every attempt to tear down our mission. We stood firm and with the optimism of Ronald Reagan we won the cold war. And with the optimism of President Bush and Prime Minister Allawi we will win the war on terror as well. After all we are America!

USAF 75-79
Missile Security
Strategic Air Command

"Peace is our Profession"
Strategic Air Command - Motto

USAF 75-79 Security Police
BC
PO3

PostPosted: Sat Sep 25, 2004 5:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
boorish and petty

Man did he peg it right
jimlarsen
Seaman

PostPosted: Sat Sep 25, 2004 8:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

America Failed?

It's clear from both past and recent events that America failed in raising John F. Kerry as an upright citizen with love for his country, respect for its government and appreciation for its opportunities. As a product of American society, Kerry should have a good sense of what's right and what's wrong. He should be tenacious in defense of freedom, a lover of the truth, and a gracious looser. He ought to respect the opinions of others, respect visiting heads of state, respect the Commander-in-Chief in time of war, and respect the sacrefices of others for the freedom he enjoys. He ought not to take himself too seriously, while taking the desires and problems of others very seriously. He should fight against the enemies of freedom and condem terrorists and traitors. He should respect our relationships with other countries and help to strengthen our relationship with those countries that join us in the fight against terror. But, alas, we've failed. Kerry is a borish stuck-up snob, who constantly changes his position to keep others off guard. He is a sad product of our society. WAIT a minute! Now that I think about, Kerry is actually the product of European society. Maybe we aren't so bad after all.

Last edited by jimlarsen on Sun Sep 26, 2004 5:53 am; edited 1 time in total
stealthy
Lieutenant

PostPosted: Sun Sep 26, 2004 5:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like the way he smacked the idiots in the press upside the head.
RMalloy
PO3

PostPosted: Sun Sep 26, 2004 5:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It was a breath of fresh air wafting across the decaying suffocation of MSM.
RideAHarley
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Sun Sep 26, 2004 5:05 pm    Post subject: My Thoughts Reply with quote

I read the Sun Times article after I had posted the message below in another topic heading. I felt compelled to copy it and post it here (hope you don't mind).

--- I watched Prime Minister Allawi give a wonderful speach to a joint session of Congress the other day, where he THANKED the American "people" for freeing Iraq from terror. I listened as he stated that America will always have a friend in Iraq. I listened when he stated that the people of Iraq appreciate all the sacrifices we have made, both monetary and for the loss of our soldiers. I listened to a man who gave a wonderful speach to the American people through the setting in Congress. He minced no words in his thanks and praise for what we are doing in Iraq and Afganistan and the fight against terror.

Then I listened in disgrace as Kerry and his pack of vile attack dogs promptly stepped out and called Mr. Allawi a liar and a puppet.
This from a man that touts the fact that he has the finesse and stature to build coalitions around the world, to bring everyone together.

At first I felt sad that this person (Kerry) could actually say something like that after the speach Mr. Allawi just gave. But then I got so bitterly angry I could have screamed. Here is a man (Mr. Allawi) that puts his own life on the line every single day, knowing that every terrorist in Iraq wants him dead and would have the praise of ALL terrorists if one of them could kill him. Here is a man that almost got hacked to death in his own home in England by Sadam's killers.

Here is a man that comes to our country and stands up in front of a joint session of the U.S. Congress and humbly thanks the American people (hugging an Israelie Senator, Liberman) and THEN, that "lower than whale crap at the bottom of the ocean" KERRY has the gall to call him a liar and a puppet.

Does this person, Kerry (I will never refer to him as a man again) have any shame. Does he not have a conscience. I was ashamed that anyone could be so crude and so offensive to the leader of another country that wants to be our friend. Kerry would probably drop down on his knees in front of Jacque Chirac but he calls Allawi a puppet and a liar. I am more and more amazed every day. ---

The thoughts of the Sun Times article do a much better job than mine (be sure and click the link to read the whole article) but the sentiments run parallel. Thanks for posting it.

Semper Fi
RideAHarley.com - Prescott, Arizona

Last edited by RideAHarley on Sun Sep 26, 2004 5:35 pm; edited 1 time in total
Nomorelies
Vice Admiral

PostPosted: Sun Sep 26, 2004 5:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If only I could write like Mark Steyn! Cool Cool Cool
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Kerry - VVAW Leadership & "Wintersoldier" All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: