SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

VVAW makes front page of WSJ - 9/29/04

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Kerry - VVAW Leadership & "Wintersoldier"
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ArmyWife
Lieutenant

PostPosted: Wed Sep 29, 2004 10:24 pm    Post subject: VVAW makes front page of WSJ - 9/29/04 Reply with quote

I am surprised that The Wall Street Journal would feature what's left of the VVAW on the front page, right center column, above the fold. It's almost like a new membership drive for them.

The article also portrays Kerry as a conservative voice within the group.

I was disappointed to see a description of the Vietnam Vets rally against Kerry that some of the Swifties and forum members attended only a few weeks ago in DC. It goes into detail about Bobby Muller showing up showing up and getting into a yelling match there.

This is screaming for a letter to the WSJ, but I don't have the background to write it. People that remember the VVAW from the 70's and were at the rally would be much better at this.
Hondo
LCDR

PostPosted: Wed Sep 29, 2004 11:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ArmyWife:

I was still pretty young then - but if I remember correctly, Kerry actually WAS a moderate compared to some of the left-wingnuts in the VVAW.
m_drummond
Lt.Jg.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 29, 2004 11:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Army Wife

Gotta link?
________
WINNING INTERN

Last edited by m_drummond on Fri Mar 18, 2011 11:59 pm; edited 1 time in total
ArmyWife
Lieutenant

PostPosted: Thu Sep 30, 2004 12:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you go to
http://online.wsj.com/public/us
there is a link, BUT you have to be a paid subscriber to read it online.

It's a little awkward to scan, as it has one long column on the front page, and quite a bit more on page A15.

The front page has a picture of Barry Romo, the leader of the group., and the article is titled, "Protest Group Kerry Once Marched With Is Still Soldiering On".
ArmyWife
Lieutenant

PostPosted: Thu Sep 30, 2004 1:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hondo wrote:
ArmyWife:

I was still pretty young then - but if I remember correctly, Kerry actually WAS a moderate compared to some of the left-wingnuts in the VVAW.

I don't doubt that, but what does the public make of that in a political sense? Will the uninformed see the Swift Boat Vets info about Kerry's protests, then see this WSJ article and say to themselves, "Oh see. He isn't REALLY all that bad. He was a moderating figure in the protests, trying to keep it from getting out of hand."?

I suppose that no letter to the editor can undo this. The end of the article is about how they are teaming up with returning Iraq veterans, and how they helped them form the Iraq Veterans Against the War. There's supposedly a rally in Madison, WI soon.

Like I said, this article to me is like a membership drive for this kooky group.
m_drummond
Lt.Jg.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 30, 2004 1:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Army Wife

Thanks for the link. Unfortunately I'm not a subscriber.
________
Uggs

Last edited by m_drummond on Fri Mar 18, 2011 11:59 pm; edited 1 time in total
Stevie
Master Chief Petty Officer of the Navy

PostPosted: Thu Sep 30, 2004 5:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

boy, someone who has the article needs to make copy and cut and paste copy into size to scan into forum so we can all read it...... maybe we need to send them the posts of our military already being treated badly!

We're gonna have to really get hot to get thru to msm and even fox . We also need to form protests whereever kerry / edwards and wives / band of brothers go.... band of brothers usually shows up in a town a day or so after a Bush speech.... they don't list them on his site (I couldn'f find it) call your local DNC and VFW for help with the protests.
be arrested, exiled or hanged.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Kerry - VVAW Leadership & "Wintersoldier" All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: