SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

"I snowboard with carpenters," says Sen. Kerry.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Dabba55
Seaman Apprentice

PostPosted: Thu Sep 30, 2004 5:17 am    Post subject: "I snowboard with carpenters," says Sen. Kerry. Reply with quote

Did anyone catch Kerry's defense of "elitist" sports activities in his Diane Saywer interview? He said he snowboards and windsurfs with regular guys...Okaaaaay. So far so good. But then he just couldn't leave it at that, he had to add, "....carpenters and electricians."

Huh? To me, it sounded creepily like a "some of my best friends are..." kinda comment. Because, first, does anyone really believe John Forbes Kerry hangs out with guys who use their hands in their work. Get dirty. Lift heavy objects. Use power tools?

More to the point, would a carpenter or an electrician WANT to spend precious down time with The French One?
Navy_Navy_Navy
Admin

PostPosted: Thu Sep 30, 2004 5:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Everything about this guy is creepy to me.

I would NEVER let him near my power tools!!! He'd hurt himself then turn around and sue me! LOL!
Wing Wiper
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Thu Sep 30, 2004 5:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Can't you see the evolution here?
1) I snowboard (actually I think it was windsurf, but that's not important) with carpenters.
2) Jesus was a carpenter.
3) I windsurfed with Jesus

Rolling Eyes
Kimmymac
Master Chief Petty Officer

PostPosted: Thu Sep 30, 2004 6:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

LOL wingwiper!

"And he taught me to windsurf without a board, so now I walk on water, which makes me like Jesus, in fact, I walk on water better than Jesus, which means--I AM GOD!"

The last character that tried to play that riff was cast down from heaven, and well...you know the rest of the story...
ATACKM
Lt.Jg.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 30, 2004 10:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

LMAO Wing Wiper “Great Kerry’ism”

Yeah it was Thanksgiving in High Lie and Me Jesus and Robert Duvall are sizing up the waves and, Jesus says “What about Charlie?” and Robert Duvall says “Charlie doesn’t surf” Ahh those were some good times………..
http://www.buglesacrossamerica.org
ATACKM
Lt.Jg.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 30, 2004 9:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

"FLICK"
http://www.buglesacrossamerica.org
kmudd
Master Chief Petty Officer

PostPosted: Thu Sep 30, 2004 9:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It is like he is crying that he is a regular guy. Like when a crazy person insists they are not crazy . LOL .
Nomorelies
Vice Admiral

PostPosted: Thu Sep 30, 2004 9:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wingwiper: You suppose old JK was trying to practice water-walking?
jataylor11
Vice Admiral

PostPosted: Thu Sep 30, 2004 9:35 pm    Post subject: Re: "I snowboard with carpenters," says Sen. Kerry Reply with quote

Dabba55 wrote:
Did anyone catch Kerry's defense of "elitist" sports activities in his Diane Saywer interview? He said he snowboards and windsurfs with regular guys...Okaaaaay. So far so good. But then he just couldn't leave it at that, he had to add, "....carpenters and electricians."

Huh? To me, it sounded creepily like a "some of my best friends are..." kinda comment.

I am sure somewhere there is a Kerry quote that some of his best friends are black and Jewish. Has anyone checked the NAACP or Urban Jewish League speeches. 20 years as a Senator from Mass he must have said it sometime.
msindependent
Vice Admiral

PostPosted: Thu Sep 30, 2004 9:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

He get's down with the commoners, how nice. - Not.
twicearound
PO2

PostPosted: Thu Sep 30, 2004 9:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

He also said he cuts brush but didn't take any pictures of that must have been chopping down a Christmas tree when he was in Cambodia
brotherofvietvet
Lt.Jg.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 30, 2004 10:12 pm    Post subject: Kerry a hanging with "regular guys" Reply with quote

Does anyone really believe John Forbes Kerry hangs out with guys who use their hands in their work. Get dirty. Lift heavy objects. Use power tools?

Does anyone remember the day after his convention speech, John and Teresa were with the Edwards at Wendy's and Teresa asked: "What is that on the menu?" The Edwards told them it was "chili".

Teresa had never heard of "chili" and ordered some. Later it was reported that Kerry had some high brow catered French dinner brought in after the photo shoot at Wendy's.

Yeah, average Joe John Forbes Kerry and his chili free zone household. What other trial baloons will he let fly. that the French will send troops, oh yeah he already tried to fly that one by us.

John Forbes Kerry is a self absorbed, charlatan, talking through his nose , East Coast elitist snob, traitor. The prospect of him occupying the White House makes me sick to my stomach!!!
rb325th
Admiral

PostPosted: Thu Sep 30, 2004 10:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

In the very rare JFnK sightings here in his "home" State of Ma., not once has Kerry been seen with the common man partaking in any type of activity. He has been on the Ice with the Hollywood Crowd playing in a Celebrity Hockey Game last year to benefit Dennis Learys FireFighter Fund. But, never have I heard or seen any images of Kerry actually being amongst the "common" folk.
His "appearences" at Diners on the Trail look so put on by him it is unreal. Him trying to act all macho and as one of the people with his "Dayglo" Orange Tan is a riot!!
jataylor11
Vice Admiral

PostPosted: Thu Sep 30, 2004 10:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Okay --- I have watched some of the videos from the Bush/Cheney campaign. Usually there are one or two shots of President Bush holding someone's baby while mom or dad take a picture. Now kissing babies is a cliche part of campaigning --- but I am struck at how natural and happy President Bush looks while doing this.

I can't find any videos or pictures of Kerry with a baby. Something struck me that he would turn his nose up at having his picture made with someone's kid. Does anyone have any such pictures?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: