SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Bill O'Reilly comments on SBVT again - Tues show
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Swift Vets and POWs for Truth
View previous topic :: View next topic  
DaveL
Commander

PostPosted: Wed Sep 29, 2004 12:48 am    Post subject: Bill O'Reilly comments on SBVT again - Tues show Reply with quote

BOR: "It is debatable that all of the Swiftboat stuff is true, I think some of it was, our investigation shows that some of it wasn't"
Rdtf
CNO

PostPosted: Wed Sep 29, 2004 12:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

O'Reilly is mentioning Swiftvets continually throughout tonight's show - With Pres. Bush and even with Donald Trump. Trump says he wishes the Pres was behind it all (Swiftboat ads) - to the effect that it would show a ruthlessness he would respect. Typical trump. O'Reilly actually acted respectful of the President, saying he was genuine and believed he is truthful, and is as informed about the issues as anyone he has interviewed..
eXcel
Seaman

PostPosted: Wed Sep 29, 2004 1:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

did anyone else notice how sad BOR looked while interviewing the pres? He had a HUGE frown on the whole time. He looked like some kind of ugly fish in a shirt and tie.
cipher
Vice Admiral

PostPosted: Wed Sep 29, 2004 1:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
.... our investigation shows that some of it wasn't

And which investigation was that? When do we get to see it? What are the sources?

EXACTLY *which* "some of it" was disproven?

You've got a scoop, there, son. Trot it out!
Defense contractor for US Navy, SSPO, SP-20, SP-24, OP-12 84-92
Rdtf
CNO

PostPosted: Wed Sep 29, 2004 1:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

eXcel wrote:
did anyone else notice how sad BOR looked while interviewing the pres? He had a HUGE frown on the whole time. He looked like some kind of ugly fish in a shirt and tie.

I think he was actually nervous!
sleeplessinseattle
LCDR

PostPosted: Wed Sep 29, 2004 1:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

cipher wrote:
Quote:
.... our investigation shows that some of it wasn't

And which investigation was that? When do we get to see it? What are the sources?

EXACTLY *which* "some of it" was disproven?

You've got a scoop, there, son. Trot it out!

Exactly, we're talking about BOR, investigative reporter with staff of one...his own ego...he's a legend in his own mind, or is that a rumor in his own time...how does that go? Laughing Maybe we can "investigate" that saying by asking that guy across the fence from Tim Allen...that'll be as good as BOR's "investigation" of the Swifties.
Inatizzy
Former Member

PostPosted: Wed Sep 29, 2004 1:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

BOR doesn't have the goods. He hasn't debunked ANYTHING the Swiftees have put forth. He just knows it's not PC to come out and say that everything they're saying is all TRUE TRUE TRUE, that would alienate some of his viewers. He's got to be fair and balanced don't ya know. So he says "some is true, some isn't". BLAH. Like trying to nail jello to the wall. He's riding the fence. I hope he falls off.

I rarely watch him anymore. Used to watch him faithfully. He's gone the way of the do-do. Sad
GT
Seaman Apprentice

PostPosted: Wed Sep 29, 2004 3:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just saw Scarborough tonight discussing Kerry and he mentioned "this Swiftboat stuff" and then shortly after said "I can understand why he's mad - here's this Vietnam Vet who's service is being used against him". Yep, what goes around comes around. Thank you, Swiftvets.
RivanG
Seaman Apprentice

PostPosted: Wed Sep 29, 2004 3:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I wish President Bush would have said that Vietnam Veterans through serving their country have earned the right to express themselves through a group like Swift Boat Veterans for Truth. After all had his unit been called up... he would have served in Vietnam... then Kerry would have smeared his service along with all the other Veterans who served honorably in Vietnam.

Every body go to http://www.billoreilly.com and rate Bill and President Bush on their performance during the interview aired tonight. BOR gets an F from me for his negative SwiftVet views.
dmackto
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Wed Sep 29, 2004 3:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

emailed him this:
Quote:

"I think it's debateable that all of the Swiftboat stuff was true, our investigation shows that some of it wasn't."

O'Really?

You must have the scoop on this breaking story. Do tell, what major fact put forth in "Unfit For Command" has your investigation proven to be untrue?

Deborah Mack
http://www.pajamajournal.com

This is no time for ease and comfort. It is the time to dare and endure.
- Winston Churchill
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Chuck54
PO1

PostPosted: Wed Sep 29, 2004 3:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Inatizzy wrote:
He's gone the way of the do-do. Sad

Yes, he has become a cacameister. And when someone I used to respect loses that respect, he becomes lower than those I never respected at all. Hence, even Al Franken is higher than BOR in my mind. At least Franken is funny at times.

Zell Miller
jack white
Seaman

PostPosted: Wed Sep 29, 2004 3:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bill O'Reilly is a big fish in the small pond of cable, and has delusions about his importance. Hence, he takes a disc jockey approach to his show and tries to please everone to expand his audience. In the process, he alienates those who once thought him an honest broker (I never did), and those who disliked him will be repelled.

I think the point made above is the important one. Show us, BOR, ONE thing the SBVT have said that is untrue. Show us what your "investigation" uncovered. BOR simply had to concede the undeniable was "true," Christmas in Cambodia, the phony PH, and then claim the rest was "untrue." O'Reilly will find, soon, what remains of a man who straddles both side of a barbed wire fence.
Stevie
Master Chief Petty Officer of the Navy

PostPosted: Wed Sep 29, 2004 4:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm gonna email bor and ask what he found out that wasn't true!!!!

I mean, inquiring minds want to KNOW! I've spent over 5 hrs a day for about 6 wks researching this and I haven't found anything to be false yet! I realize bor has more people and more resources than I do... so maybe he found some little thing that I overlooked?????? I want to know! The people have a right to know bor! Tell us!

If he found ANYTHING he would have brought it up on his show when John was on! after all, the first thing he came out with was that kerry was antiwar prior to enlisting.... like we didn't know that!
be arrested, exiled or hanged.
Theresa Alwood
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Wed Sep 29, 2004 4:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Also e-mailed BOR. Asked him why John Kerry has not signed the 180...still have to wonder what he is hiding.
Anker-Klanker
Admiral

PostPosted: Wed Sep 29, 2004 4:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The truly sad thing about all this is that BOR has investigated the SBVFT allegations about as much as the rest of the MSM has. They all really think that "investigation" means checking what other MSM outlets (TV, newspapers, magazines, etc.) have to say on the subject. Almost none of them does any primary document research, or real investigative reporting, anymore. And the even sadder thing is that the only media outlet who even pretended to do investigative reporting was CBS (60 Minutes).

So I suspect that BOR doesn't understand the accusation that he's done no research.

And that, dear friends, is one of the reasons why MSM is going down the drain. Bias is the other reason.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Swift Vets and POWs for Truth All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: