SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

President Berated by DNC for Frowning

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Vets and Active Duty Military
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Jerald L. Parsoneault
Lt.Jg.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 02, 2004 7:08 pm    Post subject: President Berated by DNC for Frowning Reply with quote

The DNC is berating President Bush for his facial expressions during the debate. They present this as proof he was not able to stand up to the withering barrage of arguments from Kerry and as proof the President wanted to be anywhere but on that stage with the man who knows how to lead America and our troops to victory in Iraq and against terror.

My take is different. I say the Commander-In-Chief was astonished and disgusted that Kerry could stand before 60 million people, bash the war, undermine relations with the Iraqi leadership and our allies, and more importantly, without remorse possibly undermine the morale of the young men and women of our armed forces in a time of war. Under such circumstances it was no time for the President to look congenial and act like everything was just a bowl of cherries.

Nalt
Tacan70UDN
PO2

PostPosted: Sat Oct 02, 2004 7:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree, I think the CinC was more disgusted than anything. I think he has little tolerance for Mr. Zero's "bloviating". (I thought BOR was the only one allowed to "bloviate".)Twisted Evil
Navy_Navy_Navy
Admin

PostPosted: Sat Oct 02, 2004 7:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

They posted a side by side viewing of the President looking really disgusted - but no sound from the Kerry side of the screen.

This looks bad for them - they've got a minute of different facial expressions - lots of people are going to watch that and wonder why the President is rolling his eyes and shaking his head and they may wonder why the DNC isn't airing what he is responding to.

They may even get interested enough to go listen to the debate again and read the transcript and try to figure it out.

I loved seeing it, personally - www.dnc.org - "Faces of Frustration." Hell, I'd be frustrated too if someone were standing on the same stage with me and telling lie after lie after lie after lie... his facial expressions mirrored mine.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Vets and Active Duty Military All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: