SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Strong Leader -or- Skilled Debater

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Kimmymac
Master Chief Petty Officer

PostPosted: Fri Oct 01, 2004 3:52 am    Post subject: Strong Leader -or- Skilled Debater Reply with quote

Okay, watching that debate and listening to Kerry's grandiose fantasies was one of the hardest things I have ever had to do. I have given up alcoholic beverages for a period of fasting abstinence, so I couldn't even take the rough edge off.

I think I will write myself up for a medal.

Anyway here are my thoughts on the debate: Bush spent a frustrating 45 minutes trying to nail jello to the wall. Kerry was all over himself like cheap cologne on a male prostitute. "I am against the war, the war was a mistake, Saddam wasn't that bad, but Saddam was a threat and I will vigorously pursue terrorists in Iraq even though there are no terrorists in Iraq, they are ALL in Afghanistan. I support our troops and proved it by voting against body armor for them, but I now blame the President that humvees are not safe enough. Did I mention I saw combat over there somewhere, not Vietnam, don't say Vietnam. Something about subways and New York. The President doesn't include our allies in anything, and I will; my first step will be to pursue bi-lateral talks with N.Korea, shutting out China and Russia, thereby proving I am putty in Kim Jung Il's hands. This is how I will demonstrate my strength, and leadership; by irritating the leaders of Russia and China. Did I mention I saw combat in that other war? I will be strong and resolute in fighting terror, while making sure it passes the global test. Everyone in the world will love America more, because I will be the President and I have special powers that are a secret, but trust me, I have them. I have a special secret way to fight the war in Iraq which involves sealing the borders air tight and eliminating all terrorist activity in Fallujah, while simultaneously bringing home the troops. Did you know I was in combat? I will add two divisions to the Army, without instituting the draft. I will add millions of police to the streets, and you will get no tax cuts, but I will not raise taxes. I have a special plan to pay for this, but it is a secret. I am Kerry, the Great Karnack. I know all, see all, do all!"

You know, in my younger days I would have these guys hitting on me. Ladies, you know what I am talking about here. Frequently, these guys wanted to buy me a drink and tell me about their Navy SEAL days. Or how they were in the CIA. Or how they owned a multi-national company, and wanted me to accompany them to some tropical locale on their private jet.

Sitting there tonight listening to Kerry was like deja vu all over again. I expected John Kerry to walk into my living room, stand too close to me, and with his hot, putrid breath in my ear say, "Do you know I was one of the first senators to go to Russia after the fall of communism? You are really hot, and I am hoping you are too stupid to know that President Reagan had to fight leftist scum like me and my buddy Joe Biden hammer and tong to put in place the provisions that forced Gorby to cave."

Hey Kerry! I was too smart to fall for that BS then, and I am too smart now. Now step back before I pour my drink down your pants.

So what did we learn tonight? Nothing. But we saw for our own eyes a prime, Grade AAA example of grandiose, pathological lying that makes Kerry a credit to his profession: lawyer and professional, unregenerate politician.

So if I am ever facing a homicide rap, I am calling Kerry. However, what I am in the market for at this time is Commander in Chief and President of the United States.

And for that I need a strong leader, not a skilled debater.

No sale, Kerry. Now go home to your wife, and get your pretty little hand off my knee, before I break it off.
Anker-Klanker
Admiral

PostPosted: Fri Oct 01, 2004 4:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

BINGO!!!

Now let's hope and pray that John and Jane Q. Public see it that way, too.
ProudDaughterofVet
Commander

PostPosted: Fri Oct 01, 2004 4:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That says it all...well stated my friend..

PD

www.timetotakeastand.blogspot.com
blue9t3
Admiral

PostPosted: Fri Oct 01, 2004 5:45 am    Post subject: bater Reply with quote

Kimm,
No one told you?
Kerry is da masterdebater! Wink

PostPosted: Fri Oct 01, 2004 5:59 am    Post subject: Re: bater Reply with quote

blue9t3 wrote:
Kimm,
No one told you?
Kerry is da masterdebater! Wink

He has been debating since Yale days. So what.....he may have talked the talk, but I know he could never walk the walk.
MJB
LCDR

PostPosted: Fri Oct 01, 2004 6:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kimmymac...as my daughter would say..."you rock!" Cool
The Balloon Artist
PO3

PostPosted: Fri Oct 01, 2004 12:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here in lies the truth behind John Kerry. He is a skilled debater. He took top honors in high school and college.

Do you understand what it means to be a member of a debate team and compete?

In competition you don't know what side of the argument are you going to be on until the debate begins.

You have to be prepared to take either side.

This in my opinion is why Kerry flip flops on issues. He still thinks he is in debate club.
He merely gives the argument that will win him the most support at any given time in his mind.

While I'll give him that is good to know both sides of an issue, but politics is taking one side and or building a consensus.

He succeeds at niether.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: