SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Bill Burkett Defends Himself BLOG
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Nomorelies
Vice Admiral

PostPosted: Thu Sep 30, 2004 4:20 pm    Post subject: Bill Burkett Defends Himself BLOG Reply with quote

Well folks, this is interesting. You may want to check out the family blog at this website?

http://www.billburkett.us/

I am moved by the children of Mr. Burkett. They are requesting financial assistance via PayPal. I wonder how much I should contribute?
Kimmymac
Master Chief Petty Officer

PostPosted: Thu Sep 30, 2004 4:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, Nomorelies, it was very moving. I see that insanity and inanity are hereditary, and are passed down through the generations.

I like the part about "Daddy's" single lie paling in comparison to all the lies being told about him. That is the kind of comment that would get my children in even more trouble than the original offense, were they to say that to me. I call that the "yeah, but" defense, and it makes me very angry.

Are the donations going toward legal help or psychiatric care-- because Mr. Burkett and family need both.

That blog is a great opportunity to look inside the heads of people that have made anger and bitterness one of the major food groups, and have eaten and eaten until it comes out their nostrils, and ultimately destroys them. Sad.
coatandthai
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Thu Sep 30, 2004 4:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Heredity is a terrible thing -- follow a stupid kid home and you find a stupid parent.
dmackto
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Thu Sep 30, 2004 4:41 pm    Post subject: Re: Bill Burkett Defends Himself BLOG Reply with quote

Nomorelies wrote:
Well folks, this is interesting. You may want to check out the family blog at this website?

http://www.billburkett.us/

I am moved by the children of Mr. Burkett. They are requesting financial assistance via PayPal. I wonder how much I should contribute?

Fax them a 20 and remind them even if the document isn't real the content is.

This is no time for ease and comfort. It is the time to dare and endure.
- Winston Churchill
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Navy_Navy_Navy
Admin

PostPosted: Thu Sep 30, 2004 4:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

PERFECT!!!
Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing

Oh, I'm glad that I wasn't drinking coffee when I read that, D!
azpatriot
Senior Chief Petty Officer

PostPosted: Thu Sep 30, 2004 4:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow I should link to that one on my blog and call it “A look into the mind of the mentally deranged” Those folks need some professional help, that’s no joke. Alas this is what happens to those that harbor the kind of malignant hatred they have. It takes over their lives and corrupts everything they touch. I do truly pray that the good Lord will in some way help them, to soften their hearts and to help them understand the truth. But that is about all I, or any of us could do.

Bill and his family have the ability to make the choice to stop hating, whether or not they will is up to them though and from what I just read on their blog I don’t see them making that choice anytime soon.

Thanks Nomorelies for bringing that to our attention. It's just another insight into the mind of the enemy.
tmpusfugit
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Thu Sep 30, 2004 5:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pretty sad story. I like the idea of faxing them a $20 bill..... what is really sad is all the hate and venom being spread about on rumor and hearsay. It looks like people are begining to believe their own lies. No proof of what you so want to believe? Just make some up and blog it until it becomes defensible "fact". Sounds like something DBlather might really like about now?

Certainly is nice to have thousands of people who desire knowing more about a "story" than we get from the "media". And searching out and documenting the whole story, not just what one side or the other wants to have presented.

Keep up the good work, it is not nearly so lonely out here as is was a few years ago!
noc
PO1

PostPosted: Thu Sep 30, 2004 5:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I feel that we should send them some Monopoly money or maybe some three dollar bills with John Kerry's picture on them. That should help em.

What's wrong? The DNC not making good on its deposits? Wink
Rdtf
CNO

PostPosted: Thu Sep 30, 2004 5:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing
jataylor11
Vice Admiral

PostPosted: Thu Sep 30, 2004 5:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Didn't some store clerk recently accept a $3 bill. I think we should find these to forward to Bill and kin.
BC
PO3

PostPosted: Thu Sep 30, 2004 5:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
** CBS had acted recklessly in faxing documents from Abilene Kinkos, thus endangering Burkett and his sources.

Now wait a minute, I read (and I think it was on this site somewhere) an artical that interviewed Burkett and he said he faxed them. I'll start looking and see if I can find the link to it.

EDIT:

ok thought so

USA Today

Quote:
After he received the documents in Houston, Burkett said, he drove home, stopping on the way at a Kinko's shop in Waco to copy the six memos. In the parking lot outside, he said, he burned the ones he had been given and the envelope they were in. Ramirez was worried about leaving forensic evidence on them that might lead back to her, Burkett said, acknowledging that the story sounded fantastic. "This is going to sound like some damn sci-fi movie," he said.

http://www2.swiftvets.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=10136

EDIT: I think I sould say never mind, I need more sleep

Last edited by BC on Thu Sep 30, 2004 5:56 pm; edited 2 times in total
Mary Ann Parker
LCDR

PostPosted: Thu Sep 30, 2004 5:42 pm    Post subject: Talking About Being "Double Billed"!!! Reply with quote

Surely their motto is "Don't Let The Facts Confuse you"!

"Once upon a time.......
When you read that solicitation; initially you think how sad for the family. In some ways I do. However, on closer consideration I was struck by;

* Bill Burkett did serve in the Guard a long time
* He did neglect his family (evidenced by all the missed family events)
* He admits he is a liar (albeit not even white, only pale, only one)
* CBS did all the faxing in Kinkos
* He is a medical miracle
* He only wants to save us from ourselves
* He needs MONEY
I have tracked many links re: Mr. Burkett and have almost as much trouble keeping a record of lies, inconsistencies, mistakes, fatigue, stress and distress as I do for YOU KNOW WHO!
John "Forge" Kerry

I suggest the family "not miss a good chance to shut up"
You cannot "Unring a Bell" or "Put the meow back into the cat".
Words have consequences.
I am still looking for a SINGLE APOLOGY TO THE BUSH FAMILY or
OUR OWN WONDERFUL SWIFTEES!

from Burkett, CBS, Media ad infinitium

I do thank them for one thing. I am more committed than ever to helping get the truth out.

I love our soldiers one and all!
(How come we do not have a lips emoticon???

After all, they and you are the reason I can sit here and misspell all of this. Wink

Make it a great day!
Mary Ann Parker
jataylor11
Vice Admiral

PostPosted: Thu Sep 30, 2004 6:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think CBS will settle out of court.
dmackto
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Thu Sep 30, 2004 6:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dialog with Burketts family and the public can only be bad for Kerry. I'd like to encourage them to talk, talk, talk, talk...

like a canary.

This is no time for ease and comfort. It is the time to dare and endure.
- Winston Churchill
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
MichaelP
Ensign

PostPosted: Thu Sep 30, 2004 6:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

dmackto wrote:
Dialog with Burketts family and the public can only be bad for Kerry. I'd like to encourage them to talk, talk, talk, talk...

like a canary.

That's what I was thinking but still they get some hush money from the dems. <sigh>

Michael
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: