SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Of couse Bush won the debate. PLEASE VOTE!!
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt
View previous topic :: View next topic  
IpsoFacto
Seaman

PostPosted: Fri Oct 01, 2004 3:35 am    Post subject: Of couse Bush won the debate. PLEASE VOTE!! Reply with quote

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/3036697/
msindependent
Vice Admiral

PostPosted: Fri Oct 01, 2004 3:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

done
IpsoFacto
Seaman

PostPosted: Fri Oct 01, 2004 3:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

We need more votes. Of course the Dems are going to win that poll, cause only they watch Hardball. Twisted Evil
W.P. Wily
Lt.Jg.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 01, 2004 3:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Right now its 71% Kerry, 29% Bush. What a surprise. Well, the only count that really matters is the one on Nov 2.
llano
Seaman

PostPosted: Fri Oct 01, 2004 4:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kerry won the debat. Unfortunately, many of the uninformed independents and security moms will make their decision based on tonight.
I'm literally going to be sick.
God and Country
PO3

PostPosted: Fri Oct 01, 2004 4:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

My objective vote, President Bush 7 and traitor Kerry 5 1/2

My subjective vote, President Bush 9, and traitor Kerry 5 1/2.

President Bush didn't put the last nail in traitor's coffin.

Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad
Theresa Alwood
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Fri Oct 01, 2004 4:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Voted and sent a e-mail....LOL Very Happy
BUSH 30%
kerry 70%

but we all know by Nov it will not matter what all these polls say. John Kerry is the joke and hopefully we will have the last laugh!

Oh by the way John Kerry - GET THE HELL OF MY BACK...AS A VET - I AIN'T CARRYING YOUR A** ANYWHERE!
1riverrun
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Fri Oct 01, 2004 4:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

As much as I HATE to say it. Kerry won hands down. Bush was to jumpy and he should have kept a straight face during Kerry's time speaking instead of looking pissed the whole time. I think the polls will put Kerry with in 1 point in the next major polls and will show Kerry leading by 2-3 points in final closing two weeks.

However overall polls dont mean jack. Its going to come down to the states. Did Bush do a good enough job to help swing the final few votes in OH,PA,FL???

Time will tell.
ProudDaughterofVet
Commander

PostPosted: Fri Oct 01, 2004 4:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bush did fine..kerry survived..

voted and know that Bush's honesty and character will prevail.. Razz

PD

www.timetotakeastand.blogspot.com
Kimmymac
Master Chief Petty Officer

PostPosted: Fri Oct 01, 2004 4:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

What is interesting is that on the MSNBC site they also had a poll asking who you would vote for. So one question was "Who won the debate" and the answer was Kerry, 70 to 30, but then they asked "Who would you vote for" and Bush won that by double digits.

So there you are: it is possible for Kerry to "win" the debate, in that he didn't do as badly as people thought he would, and yet not make people want to vote for him. If people pretty much think you are an idiot, there is not much else you can do but "win" if you don't actually wet your pants or drool. The President had a much higher barrier.

Remember, it is tough for Bush to be both President and candidate. Bush can't make reckless, grandiose and irresponsible statements, because he will be held immediately accountable.

Look, this is the truth: 30 million people watched the debates. The problem is that it is the same 30 million people who are also working on campaigns, following the issues, sending checks off to causes...in other words, it is the same 30 million people who have had their minds made up since last April.

Nothing has changed. I still hate Kerry, you still hate Kerry, and Michael Moore and Babs Streisand still hate Bush.

You might also keep in mind that in 1984 Mondale did much better than President Reagan in the first debate, for much the same reasons. Mondale was trailing in the polls, expectations for him were very low, Mondale was a senator and a lawyer, and President Reagan was seen as the debate loser.

And I am sure you all remember the outcome of that election.
jerake
Seaman Apprentice

PostPosted: Fri Oct 01, 2004 4:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kimmymac: whenever I'm in doubt, I read your posts, and they always snap me back to reality. Very Happy

Thanks.
concernedgranny
Seaman

PostPosted: Fri Oct 01, 2004 4:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Guys, I have been voting for about an hour and still can't get into some polls so I have no doubt that Kerry is going to win. Plus, most of the polls I have been on have been like "American Idol" you can vote more than once. I'm in Ohio and I'm not worried about this debate. Kerry contradicted himself. First he wants a multinational coalition for Iraq but then a bilateral talks with N. Korea. then he sneaks in "back door draft" but says we're stretched too thin and he will commit more troops. Then he says he has never "wavered". People will be able to see through that. Then he got wrong what administration did away with the treaty for N.Korea. It was Clinton. Bush corrected it. He is "telling the american people the absolute truth". When? yesterday? today? Then he had to bring up the vietnam era again, which makes even more fair game. And America has to pass a global test to defend itself? Don't give up. This evil man has got to beaten! And then arrested.
CTW
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Fri Oct 01, 2004 4:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Voted on a few of the links. I felt Kerry came off as an attack dog, arrogant in that he knows everything but he hasn't helped his country with all this knowledge as US senator, that he's been everywhere so he knows what is best for America because of what others outside America tells him is better for us, that he knows the right way for every issue but he has no record to prove it.

Kerry looked awful. One eye with a drooping lid and the other eye fully dialated. No, he just looked mean hearted. Bush spoke to what is being done, within the time constraints. He did make it clear that Kerry was "absurd!" And he countered Kerry's lies numerous times. Kerry was still throwing stuff to see what sticks. No substance.

I think Bush will have to come out swinging hard in a very short time. But he didn't want to be defensive and get in the mud but the time will come when he has to call Kerry a liar! He will set it straight but in the more appropriate forum than in a televised debate where you show your anger and immediately look like a bad sport. After people see the attacks by Kerry and want Bush to "knock him out" he will then. His fighting back will be expected and justified by what Kerry did. He gave Bush so much ammo to use against him in the next few weeks. The Bush campaign strat is to let Kerry hand himself. Let his own words be used in the ads to show who he is.
Kerry looked desparate at times. He has no reasonable plan and when he tried to put something forward he was not clear about details. Summits? Bush told of those planned. No support to police and firefighters? Bush told of the increase in funding. Allies? Bush let everyone know how rude Kerry was to Allawi, Blair, etc. And so forth. Once the transcripts are out you will see what was said under the time constraints. Bush was to the point that Kerry can't lead with the confusion of his "plan". People were led to really think about what Kerry was claiming. It takes a while for all this to sink in.

So don't sip the koolaid, people. CTW

Never Ever Kerry
Kimmymac
Master Chief Petty Officer

PostPosted: Fri Oct 01, 2004 5:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Give up? Drink the kool-aid?

NEVER

You guys play sports? You know that feeling you get when your team is down in the points but you KNOW your team is better than they are? You just KNOW it...and so the adrenaline starts pumping and you can just feel it coming...you look at the score board and you think, "well, sh*t, that ain't good" but it doesn't matter because you KNOW you are gonna win, you KNOW you are MEANT to win, and then it all starts working...

And you play your heart out and the next thing you know people are slapping you on the back and yelling your name and you look at the scoreboard and you realize your team WON...just like you knew they would.

That's how this feels tonight.

The only thing is guys, when I would be in a situation like that with my team I would never listen to any sad sack p-diddling garbage. And I love you guys, but I don't want to hear it here either, unless you want to make the lurkers happy?

Give no terroritory, concede no points, do NOT call it anything less than a Bush victory.

jerake: you are welcome. Hey, you are in McHenry? I have nephews there! Small world...

Last edited by Kimmymac on Fri Oct 01, 2004 5:10 am; edited 1 time in total
blue9t3
Admiral

PostPosted: Fri Oct 01, 2004 5:09 am    Post subject: debate Reply with quote

I dont care what any survey,poll, says they are a joke. the dems are clickin and calling anywhere they can, and often.
The looks of those two is subjective, For me , Kerry looked like a ninth grader who didnt get his way. I thought the crowd should have been allowed to laugh.
Just give it a few days and we can all see some real numbers.
kerry made it very clear that the opinion of france will dictate what the United States will do or dont do.
I just dont see any majority buying it either!
If its content, it was 10 -7 Bush
If its body language, it was 10-5 Bush
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: