SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

How do you ask a man to be the last man to die for a mistake

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt
View previous topic :: View next topic  
openfish24
Lt.Jg.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 01, 2004 1:43 pm    Post subject: How do you ask a man to be the last man to die for a mistake Reply with quote

http://www.realclearpolitics.com/Commentary/blog_9_30_04_1235.html

Quote:
this exchange was the most damning part of the entire debate for Kerry:

KERRY: Well, you know, when I talked about the $87 billion, I made a mistake in how I talk about the war. But the president made a mistake in invading Iraq. Which is worse?

I believe that when you know something's going wrong, you make it right. That's what I learned in Vietnam. When I came back from that war I saw that it was wrong. Some people don't like the fact that I stood up to say no, but I did. And that's what I did with that vote. And I'm going to lead those troops to victory.

LEHRER: All right, new question. Two minutes, Senator Kerry.

Speaking of Vietnam, you spoke to Congress in 1971, after you came back from Vietnam, and you said, quote, "How do you ask a man to be the last man to die for a mistake?"

LEHRER: Are Americans now dying in Iraq for a mistake?

KERRY: No, and they don't have to, providing we have the leadership that we put -- that I'm offering.

You do not have to have a PhD in logic to notice the egregious contradiction here. If your view is that invading Iraq was a mistake and U.S. soldiers are dying in Iraq (which they are) then our brave troops are, in fact, dying for a mistake.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Hondo
LCDR

PostPosted: Fri Oct 01, 2004 1:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's called "doing your duty." It's a concept Senator Kerry seems to have problems grasping.
flagreen
Seaman

PostPosted: Fri Oct 01, 2004 2:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is a killer contradiction! How can a person think that Iraq is a mistake but that those dying there are not dying for a mistake?
kmudd
Master Chief Petty Officer

PostPosted: Fri Oct 01, 2004 2:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

And would Kerry do what he wanted done in Vietnam since the logic is the same?
Lance_Flatchew
Ensign

PostPosted: Fri Oct 01, 2004 2:33 pm    Post subject: leaps of logic Kerry made were breath taking Reply with quote

The leaps of logic Kerry made were breath taking. He had it both ways and Bush never called him on it!

Bush should have never agreed to debate this weasel. After all his flip flops, lies, truth bending and mean-spirited attacks on Bush and our allies, John Kerry was presented as an "equal" in the eyes of the American people - and he looked good! His orange skin had gone to tan under more make-up than Tammy-Faye Baker used to wear. His teeth were freshly bleached.

He had it two ways on:
1- Pre-emptive strikes a) The President reserves the right to engage in pre-emptive b) if it meets the global test (means UN). Can you imagine the UN giving the US permission for a pre-emptive stike? NEVER gonna happen. I was screaming at the TV.

2- Not enough porcelian inserts and armoring of humvee's. a) Touching stories about families raising money to buy eqpt. to send to Iraq. b) He voted against the 87 billion c) He criticised the 200 billion budget (only 120 billion has been spent) point ing out that there are people who need it here.

3- When I talked about the 87 billion I made a mistake... a) You didn't just talk- you voted against it! b) You have never had a executive position, by that measure, you have never done anything. c) Your votes matter. And your votes over the past 20 years reflect your lack of support for the CIA and the military. Those words, votes over the past 20 years more accurately describe you, than anything you are saying today!

AAAAAARG... Gotta go...
Rdtf
CNO

PostPosted: Fri Oct 01, 2004 2:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think all questions were pre-approved, and I am surprised they allowed that one. Maybe they thought it best to get it out there themselves, (1971). Backfired. I hope the other debates make Kerry answer to more of his crap back then.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: