SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Bad, bad, day in Iraq

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt
View previous topic :: View next topic  
SangRun Hunter
PO1

PostPosted: Thu Sep 30, 2004 2:36 pm    Post subject: Bad, bad, day in Iraq Reply with quote

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,134041,00.html

Bombs Kill Scores in Iraq — 35 of Them Kids
Thursday, September 30, 2004

•Al Jazeera: Ten New Hostages•Fallujah Strike Kills Four; Car Bomb Kills Two•U.K. Hostage Pleads for Help; Clashes in Baghdad•British Hostage's Brother Hopeful•Italy Denies $1 Million Ransom Paid for Women•Blair Denies Misleading U.K. on War•Insurgents Back on Samarra Streets•Italy Rejoices as Female Hostages Freed•King Abdullah: Elections Impossible
BAGHDAD, Iraq — Bombs exploded near a U.S. convoy in western Baghdad on Thursday, killing 35 children and seven adults, a hospital official said. Hours earlier, a homicide car bomb killed a U.S. soldier and two Iraqis on the capital's outskirts.

The bombs in Baghdad's al-Amel neighborhood caused the largest death toll of children in any insurgent attack since the conflict began 17 months ago.

It was unclear if the bombs — which also wounded 141 people, including 10 U.S. soldiers — targeted the convoy or a ceremony marking the chief killed at least four people and wounded 16, Iraqi and U.S. officials said. A police officer speaking on condition of anonymity said the police chief, whose name was only given as Col. Ismail, escaped the assassination attempt.

There were conflicting accounts about what caused the blast. Military spokeswoman Capt. Angela Bowman said it was a car bomb, but police in nearby Mosul said it was a device planted in the road.

See the rest at the link.
neverforget
Vice Admiral

PostPosted: Thu Sep 30, 2004 3:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

And the Kerry campaign and the DNC high-five and toss candy to their supporters.
Inatizzy
Former Member

PostPosted: Thu Sep 30, 2004 3:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I can't believe people are so stupid that they don't realize that if we weren't dealing with this stuff OVER THERE, we would be dealing with it HERE....in our own streets and schools.

I guess it's going to TAKE another attack in this country for the American people to wake up and realize that we are AT WAR....and that these Islamofascists will not stop. Bush has been so successful at stopping another attack here after 9/11 that it seems the threat has been forgotten and everyone is back to thinking pre-9/11. They are actually stupid enough to think if we just play nice and leave these nice terrorists alone that they will leave us alone and we can have peace. I have two words for that... BOVINE EXCREMENT. They hate us and they will not stop until we've been terrorized back into the 14th century where they live. It's a mandate of their religion that they kill the infidel WHEREVER HE RESIDES.

It's a bad day in Iraq, to be sure. And YES, Kerry and his minions are clapping and cheering. But hopefully most people have more than two brains cells and know that we are fighting THERE so that we don't have to fight HERE.

I still say we should start shooting them with bullets dipped in pig blood so that they know that when they die they will go straight to hell instead of their paradise and virgins. They may just strike some terror into them. It's their religion that motivates them to terror, let's strike them in their weakest point...their religious belief about pigs.
buffman
LCDR

PostPosted: Thu Sep 30, 2004 3:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The people in Baghdad were celebrating the opening of a new sewer system. How can these suicide bombers think they can get into heaven? I remember when I was a kid in Sunday school singing "Jesus loves the little children, all the children of the world" and now I read stories of how little ones are indocrinated with hatred against America and Israel and sing songs of death to them. Therein lies the difference in the 2 religions. This is why the suicide bombers think they can get into heaven.
joeshero
Commander

PostPosted: Thu Sep 30, 2004 4:04 pm    Post subject: BAD, BAD DAY...It's has been predicted Reply with quote

As I have mentioned before, the terrorist groups in Iraq will step up their brutal and barbaric acts as the election in the US is getting closer to the D-day. Today's despicable bombings are designed to influence the first presidential debate. They want to affect the US presidential election. No question about it. And they know very well that the Democrats and the democratic presidential candidate will echo their (the terrorists') barbaric acts to American voters. Just look at today. Joe Lockhard already picked up the story and "become" a messenger of the terrorists. It's really sickening what the Democrats are playing here. The real enemy is the terrorists, but the real enemy, according to the Democrats--well the Kerry's, Kennedy's, Gore's and Dean's democrats--is W. Bush.

If American voters are rational they will realize this terrorists' evil tactic, and also they will realize what card the Kerry's democrats are playing here: echoing terrorisst' brutal acts. I hope they are rational.
oasis
Lieutenant

PostPosted: Thu Sep 30, 2004 5:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello,

This is to disrupt the presidential election here in the states.

Although Osama and his AL-Qaeda followers can not be here themselves they are making there point by killing innocent Iraqi children. They are trying to sway the out come of the election. By putting President Bush in a bad light.

If I remember right if a member of the Muslim religion is fighting a Jihad and he dies fighting he is guaranteed to go to the Muslim heaven.

Those who obey Osama believe him to be the Mahdi.

Quote:
Warnings from Islam's 'messianic whirlpool'

Jihadists in global frenzy over coming of prophesied 'Mahdi'

'Mahdi'

For the protection of the Iraqis and our troops I have to ask these questions concerning Iraq.

1. Do Iraqis have a license to drive?

2. Are there cars registered?

3. Do they have permits for the weapons they carry and use for hunting?

4. There school system does is it teach the three Rs and is there a separation of church and state?

Suggestion all Iraqi need to have a picture ID card.

A search of every house in Iraq especially in hot zones for illegal weapons.

That is just for starters.

Someone is giving orders to these terrorists. I suggest we pick up there chatter.

The innocent Iraqi deaths will not be forgotten nor will those who carry out these attacks go unpunished.. It makes me more determined then ever.

I suggest we join forces with Putin against terrorism in the world today.

I ask all of our allies to fight terrorists and not cave into there demands this just makes them stronger and bolder. It will help them in there recruitment.

They have no military they are suicide bombers.

I will present to you a recruiting film with Osama Bin Laden himself as the recruiter.

Osama's Al-Qaeda Recruiting film

They believe Osama to be the Mahdi.

Quote:
The description of the Mahdi that emerges from these Islamic sources can be summarized as follows,

he will reign for five, seven or nine years, perhaps as co-ruler with Jesus (after which, an unspecified amount of time later, the last trumpet will sound and the final judgment will ensue).

If bin Ladin – or some other Islamist leader – were to declare himself the Mahdi, should that make a difference to U.S. policy-makers?

"If the claim were believable to the Islamic world, then the U.S. could no longer claim to be fighting terrorism alone," writes Furnish. "Indeed, it would become a global religious conflict."

(Is bin Laden the 'Mahdi'?

Some Muslim followers believe he is prophesied 'awaited enlightened one';

Please donate to the.. RED CROSS

Last edited by oasis on Wed Oct 06, 2004 3:58 am; edited 1 time in total
Nathanyl
PO3

PostPosted: Thu Sep 30, 2004 10:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Everytime the foriegn terrorist elements do something like this they turn more people in the muslim world against them. If the keep it up they may even cause some of the Baathist element that are out there causing trouble to have a change of heart.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 01, 2004 12:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Inatizzy wrote:
I can't believe people are so stupid that they don't realize that if we weren't dealing with this stuff OVER THERE, we would be dealing with it HERE....in our own streets and schools.

I guess it's going to TAKE another attack in this country for the American people to wake up and realize that we are AT WAR....and that these Islamofascists will not stop. Bush has been so successful at stopping another attack here after 9/11 that it seems the threat has been forgotten and everyone is back to thinking pre-9/11. They are actually stupid enough to think if we just play nice and leave these nice terrorists alone that they will leave us alone and we can have peace. I have two words for that... BOVINE EXCREMENT. They hate us and they will not stop until we've been terrorized back into the 14th century where they live. It's a mandate of their religion that they kill the infidel WHEREVER HE RESIDES.

It's a bad day in Iraq, to be sure. And YES, Kerry and his minions are clapping and cheering. But hopefully most people have more than two brains cells and know that we are fighting THERE so that we don't have to fight HERE.

I still say we should start shooting them with bullets dipped in pig blood so that they know that when they die they will go straight to hell instead of their paradise and virgins. They may just strike some terror into them. It's their religion that motivates them to terror, let's strike them in their weakest point...their religious belief about pigs.

It is ashame some of the American people can only see as far as their own comfort zone and bank account. Those people only think of themselves and that is why they are for the Troll, because he is selfish and self-centered just like they are.

I pray there is never another attack here, but some Americans forget too quickly and another attack would be a sad epitat to our first attack.

Why would anyone believe that Bush lied? Bush saw the same intelligence report that Kerry did. Kerry is a traitor to the Vets, and he is a traitor to us Americans now with his anti-war stance. He is fueling what is going on in Iraq by insulting PM Allawi and giving the terrorists amo with his constantly calling Bush a liar. What is he trying to do? Kill all our men and women in Iraq and the Iraqi people too? That man is so sick.

It was a truly sad day in Iraq. I am a mother who has lost a child tragically and my heart weeps for those parents of the killed children and I weep for all the lost lives, but this is not the time to give up. The Iraqis are a strong people who cherish their independance from Saddam Hussien and the fact that they will be able to hold elections in January 2005. We cannot afford to let them down or our troops who are fighting so valiently to secure their peace and freedom on their journey to democracy.

We cannot afford a Kerry who let them down and us, all for his own vain self glory. God bless our troops, our country, our peoples and President and God bless the Iraqi people. We will all persevere.
Rdtf
CNO

PostPosted: Fri Oct 01, 2004 12:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

oasis wrote:
Hello,

This is to disrupt the presidential election here in the states.

I usually think of these things but this time I didn't. I bet you are right. They can't get it done here when they want, so they do it there. Like I said in another thread - they are killing their own future. That is...unless it is Al Queda Jordanians and Saudis doing it, all of it, and they can swallow killing off some unfortunate Iraqis.
Rich
Ensign

PostPosted: Fri Oct 01, 2004 2:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nathanyl wrote:
Everytime the foriegn terrorist elements do something like this they turn more people in the muslim world against them. If the keep it up they may even cause some of the Baathist element that are out there causing trouble to have a change of heart.

No Im sorry, you are wrong. These are people living under tyrants who are force fed propoganda since childhood that the Jews and America are the root of all evil. Now you also toss in 3rd world tribalism where life is cheap, along ith a religion that has consistantly exported violence in the modern age, toss in modern weaponry, and you have a time bomb on your hands.

Terrorists could murder 10,000,000 fellow Muslims and the Muslim world would still blame America. You probably havnt been on the streets of a Muslim country, hearing the ridiculous Jew and American conspiracy stories. I have ! The hatred these muslim kids are ingrained with, against the Jews, can only be historicaly match in Nazi Germany. To a Muslim kid a Jew is nothing more then a dog that should be exterminated, and by extension, Americans who support them.

Your talking about a medieval religion, matched with medieval Govt.,s, medieval thinking..........if thesde terr's nuked an American city theyd be dancing in the streets passing out candy. They could nuke an Iraqi one and the worlds muslims would blame America and Israel.

They are still supporting Al Quada. We see only the face they show foreigners and "infidels". They have another face they show each other, yet another they show only family, and the last they only show themselves. These are tribal people and they couldnt care less about anyone else..............................Rich
wwIIvetsdaughter
Captain

PostPosted: Fri Oct 01, 2004 3:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Buffman, another point to distinguish the Islam practiced by these terrorists and our Judeo-Christian religon: Their "god" requires that they kill non-believers and themselves to "win" a place in Heaven with 72 virgins at their beck and call. Our Lord DIED FOR US so we can join him in Paradise. Their lord is Satan as "god". 35 dead children? Doesn't matter a hill of beans to Islamo-fascists. Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad
Rdtf
CNO

PostPosted: Fri Oct 01, 2004 3:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

and Bush hit on that in the debate tonight - that we value life, every life, is what makes us different from our enemy.
azTrish
Lt.Jg.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 01, 2004 2:25 pm    Post subject: SAMARRA Iraq U.S. and Iraqi forces launched a major assault Reply with quote

A better day for our Troops kicking some butt. Sadly we lost one of ours and four wounded., SAMARRA, Iraq - U.S. and Iraqi forces launched a major assault Friday to regain control of the insurgent stronghold of Samarra, trading gunfire with rebel fighters as they pushed toward the city center. The United States said 96 insurgents and one U.S. soldier were killed.

Hostage rescued
During the push, soldiers of the 1st Infantry Division rescued a kidnapped Turkish construction worker who was being held in the city. He was identified as Yahlin Kaya, an employee of the 77 Construction Company in Samarra.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/6095119/
USWORHOCKEY
Seaman Apprentice

PostPosted: Fri Oct 01, 2004 6:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Its not all bad news in Iraq.

http://www.mnf-iraq.com/media-information/October%202004/04091001d.htm
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: