SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

A post from my wife

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt
View previous topic :: View next topic  
azpatriot
Senior Chief Petty Officer

PostPosted: Sat Oct 02, 2004 4:23 am    Post subject: A post from my wife Reply with quote

After watching the Presidential Debates, I have a couple of thoughts. Of Course we all know about Senator Kerry’s lies about “serving his country in Vietnam” and his horrid Senate record over 20 years and his constant change of position due to his lack of moral clarity and conviction. Those things bother me. But equally important are the few things he seems consistent with.

Most of us can say that our ancestors came to this country for freedom. The ability to live in a sovereign nation based on democracy where we each have a chance to come from little or no money and make something of ourselves. Not to have it handed “to” us but a chance for self-achievement. A chance to have a small hunk of land and a house in which to raise our families and then retire in ‘peace’. A chance to exhibit self worth. A chance to stand up and worship our God in public unashamedly and unabashedly without retribution. A chance to say that sin is sin when the Bible says so.

These are the things most of our servicemen have fought for.

Conversely, Senator Kerry does seem consistent in wanting to ‘give away’ our sovereignty. He would have us wait to defend ourselves until after we get ‘permission’ from the UN (a body of primarily 3rd world countries). Is the UN the school superintendent and we – just students? Or are we a sovereign nation? Kerry has encouraged UN monitors on our elections. Are we a sovereign nation? Kerry has stated at least once that he would give control of our military to the UN and we already have far too many UN troops spread across this country. Are we a sovereign nation? Kerry backs stem cell research and cloning experimentation accomplished through our murdered babies. How better to deteriorate the value of human life and individuality? Frankly, I value that I am different – a unique creation of my God.

For just the ‘very few’ things that Senator Kerry is consistent on, I would like to give him a free airplane ride to one of those 3rd world UN countries that he values so much and tell him to stay there - - permanently!

AZ Patriot’s wife
Kimmymac
Master Chief Petty Officer

PostPosted: Sat Oct 02, 2004 5:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Mrs. azpatriot! Welcome, and good post. Now you have to get your own id so you can join in the fun. Very Happy

I say we strap Kerry to one of those nuclear bunker busters he abhors and test it out on one of his wife's "Ketchup for Presidency" palaces. Twisted Evil
Navy wife
Research Director

PostPosted: Sat Oct 02, 2004 2:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'll second that suggestion! Your wife should join in! There are a lot of us participating!!
azpatriot
Senior Chief Petty Officer

PostPosted: Sat Oct 02, 2004 3:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You'll be happy to know that she is currently picking her screen name, just as soon as she lets me know I’ll get her signed up (I’m the computer literate one of the family but she does pretty good) I have her in computer boot camp Very Happy you know keyboard drills, fighting through forms 101 Very Happy I know she’ll love it Wink
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: