SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

"Skull and Bones" / "Kerry and Bush" ??

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Vets and Active Duty Military
View previous topic :: View next topic  
force2bseen
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Sat Oct 02, 2004 8:36 am    Post subject: "Skull and Bones" / "Kerry and Bush" ?? Reply with quote

Hi All,
There is an element of this election that is seldom mentioned , It is that Bush and Kerry are members of the Yale fraternity Skull and Bones. I can find lots of info on it but nothing substantial.
The only press coverage I have found of this "coincidence" that two members of this elite secret sociaty of about 600 living are in a race for the most powerfull position in the world was on meet the press where Russert has asked both the same questions.
The questions asked " are you a member and what can you tell about it?
Both answered yes and it is secret can say no more. The little I found appears that this fraternity is about supporting each other to power positions., and that this is the first election that two have been pitted against each other.
I have emailed all sorts of inquireing minds but get no response.
I am not looking for some great conspiracy but find it odd that this common bond is ignored and I think avoided by the media.
any one out there have more info on this?
Thanks Otto
Doc Jerry
Commander

PostPosted: Sat Oct 02, 2004 12:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

"Skull and Bones" is basically a fraternity composed mostly of the powerful and rich. No big deal. "Skull and Bones" has more notoriety due to its secrecy and because of the membership. As in most fraternal organizations or closely knit groups (i.e., like Swiftees, SEALS, etc,), there will be an element of curiosity, talk of conspiracies, etc. from onlookers on the outside.If you do a google search, you will find more conspiracy type garbage.

If I were you, I would not waste my time on this (just my opinion).

Cool Medics, we're there when you need us.
Redleg
Lt.Jg.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 02, 2004 12:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have seen a few TV shows on the subject and no one seemed to want to talk about it and most of the program was based on many of the Skull & Bones' former and very powerful members. Also the usual crybabies shilling the same old: A private men's organization is discriminating aginst the rest of us.

I will say one thing is for sure, this Presidential election is a win-win for the Skull & Bones. Wink
force2bseen
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Sat Oct 02, 2004 6:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the response folks. Like I said I am not really looking for any conspiracy, and the google searches seem to only bring up that element.
Cannot seem to find any real documented facts, which also seems odd for a fraternity approaching 200 years. That and the media avoidance of it like a hot potato gets my curiosity up a little. I do believe there is more to this fraternity than toga / beer parties that is traditionally thought of.
Thanks again Otto
PigBoatAndy
Former Member

PostPosted: Sat Oct 02, 2004 8:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I always regarded "Skull and Bones" as the Yale equivalent of the college fraternities Sigma Chi (especially in the south) and Beta Thta Pi (especially in the north) - but not Alpha Tau Omega (the varsity athletes and Marine PLC's).
Rurik
PO3

PostPosted: Sat Oct 02, 2004 9:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Acutally John Kerry is more Bull and Scones

Essayons!
Fight Build and Destroy
BigAl533
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Tue Oct 05, 2004 3:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This topic seems to have the geedunk smell to it.

All this geneology crap makes me yawn. These "secret societies" begin their initiations with very powerful psycological messages to keep quiet. They may take new members into a completely darkened room, blindfold them, or put a bag over their heads, etc. Then they make them take some kind of oath or pledge to never reveal the cerimonials or business of the society under great real or percieved penalty. They may even wisper in the pledge's ear, tap them on the lips, pat them on the head or some other unexpected stimulus to reinforce the message.

It is all a part of the special "magic" of being accepted.

Secrecy is what makes the group special. I highly doubt they butcher live bunny rabbits or anything like that, but those who are not members will always wonder. Twisted Evil

Big Al
Navy_Navy_Navy
Admin

PostPosted: Tue Oct 05, 2004 3:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I removed a bunch of genealogical "conspiracy theories" posts. That stuff has no place here.

Thanks,
dennispro
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Tue Oct 05, 2004 2:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rurik wrote:

LMAO Razz Thanks Rurik, I will have to use that one in my next "political" conversation with the resident lefties around here......

Essayons

Just lookin' for the truth... wherever that might take me.
Rurik
PO3

PostPosted: Tue Oct 05, 2004 5:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

dennispro wrote:
Rurik wrote:

LMAO Razz Thanks Rurik, I will have to use that one in my next "political" conversation with the resident lefties around here......

You're welcome. If I can help you piss off a single Ameri Cong, it makes my day.

And a 12B20 Essayons to you too Sir.

Essayons!
Fight Build and Destroy
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Vets and Active Duty Military All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: