SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Fonda apology..Where?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Resources & Research
View previous topic :: View next topic  
CTW
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Sun Sep 26, 2004 6:20 pm    Post subject: Fonda apology..Where? Reply with quote

There's a picture that goes with this but I couldn't get it pasted here. Maybe someone else can provide it.
Quote: from my search Jane Fonda apology. The time she apologized was in interview w/ Barbra Walters and I am going back to find it. Thanks. CTW
Quote:

Jane Fonda was quoted in the Detroit Free Press of November 22, 1970 as having told a student audience at Michigan State University; "I would think that if you understood what communism was you would hope, you would pray on your knees, that we would someday become communists." In 2001, Jane Fonda announced she is writing her memoirs. Quote Source: Accuracy in Media, October 1979 #II. Photo courtesy WireImage.com. More photos at Internet Movie DataBase.

Never Ever Kerry

[/quote]
RogerRabbit
Master Chief Petty Officer

PostPosted: Sun Sep 26, 2004 6:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I believe you clicked the Neew Thread button in lieu of Reply button
FreeFall
LCDR

PostPosted: Mon Sep 27, 2004 7:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I found this at Vietnamveteransagainstjohnkerry.com

http://www.vietnamveteransagainstjohnkerry.com/story8.htm

She also apologized to a group of vets in Waterbury CN while making a film, Stanley and Iris. Not sure what their response was on that day.
sore loser
Ensign

PostPosted: Fri Oct 01, 2004 4:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just going from memory, what a dicey thing that is, but while I was in California, I think it was the base near San Bernadino it was discovered that there was a Jane Fonda urninal in the O'Club, and it was all over the news. It seems to me that it came out that she was meeting with small groups of Viet Vets to make personal apologies. One guy who was in one of those meetings said she was for real about it, but it didn't change his opinion of her. I don't think she made public apologies at that time or she only met with the most vocal groups or something like that.
Any time. Any place.
CVAN-65 and VA-196
The Big "E" and The Main Battery
kmudd
Master Chief Petty Officer

PostPosted: Sat Oct 02, 2004 2:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think she has said she is sorry that some people got upset at what she did but she didn't really say she was sorry for what she did and she didn't say she was wrong in what she did.
BuffaloJack
Master Chief Petty Officer of the Navy

PostPosted: Sat Oct 02, 2004 3:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The only place you'll find Fonda's apology is under the rock she crawled out from. About as sincere as crocodile tears.
I think she was sincerely sorry that the vets all hated her guts.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Resources & Research All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: