SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Cheney - Edwards Debate Tuesday Night

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Fri Oct 01, 2004 9:19 pm    Post subject: Cheney - Edwards Debate Tuesday Night Reply with quote

On Fox News today while listening to Cavuto, he had a guest (sorry I did not catch his name) said that the Cheney - Edwards debate will have all the fire and brimstone the Bush - Kerry debate did not. I can't wait for the pigs to go flying Exclamation Razz Razz Razz Razz Razz Razz
msindependent
Vice Admiral

PostPosted: Fri Oct 01, 2004 9:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think that this one will be a lot more entertaining (tee hee).
Gray Temples
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Fri Oct 01, 2004 10:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Methinks Cheney will mop up the floor with the Breck Girl....Edwards is in way over his head in this one....I'll daresay he is sweating major bullets right now......Cheney is an encyclopedia on all of the issues and he will not hesitate to shoot for bullseyes....more than likely he will make a special point of hitting several "Kerry soft points" like last nights "Global Test" point

Edwards has 6 years in government and probably not much in foreign policy related activities....as intelligent as he is, it is impossible to bring the depth that Cheney has.......Cheney will hit him with several stilettos without him even knowing...Edwards will be stammering a few times; I guarantee it!
Fort Campbell
Vice Admiral

PostPosted: Sat Oct 02, 2004 3:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am very interested in this debate. We all should be. Never forget that the VP is only a heartbeat away from the Oval Office. Pray for this debate as well.
Armybrat/Armymom
Commander

PostPosted: Sat Oct 02, 2004 6:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am looking forward to this debate. VP Cheney has always seemed an equal with Pres. Bush while Gore and now Edwards are more like lapdogs held up for photo ops. Laughing
wwIIvetsdaughter
Captain

PostPosted: Sun Oct 03, 2004 12:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Every time I have seen our VP in an interview, I am struck by his calm, intelligent yet forceful demeanor. Nothing rattles this guy. Edwards must be sweating like a whore on dollar night. Twisted Evil
wednesdaychild
PO3

PostPosted: Sun Oct 03, 2004 12:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh yes, I believe the gloves will come off and mud will fly. It should be quite entertaining and I do believe it will impact he election, despite what all the talking heads are saying. If Edwards comes across as a slimely lawyer, which he is, the public will hate him. They mostly hate lawyers anyway, won't take much for them to hate him. Personally, I would like to see them exchange a slug or two, u know, a manly fight. Shoot, cheney will hurt Edwards bad, he can say all the nasty things Bush wanted to say. Very Happy
wednesdaychild
PO3

PostPosted: Sun Oct 03, 2004 1:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cheney is a satnd up guy and a smart cookie. He did not get to where he is at by being stupid. He is loyal to Bush and it shows. I like the duo, where Bush is a little weaker, Cheney is stronger. Good duo.
also, can u imagine a personal injury lawyer as the next president ? not I. god forbid something should happen to either Bush or Kerry, would anyone want Edwards as the pres? Shocked
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: