SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

CHIN UP SAILORS!!! It is not over

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt
View previous topic :: View next topic  
DenisC
Seaman

PostPosted: Sun Oct 03, 2004 9:07 pm    Post subject: CHIN UP SAILORS!!! It is not over Reply with quote

http://powerlineblog.com/archives/008043.php

Reader John MacHardy points out a remarkable Star Tribune story on the return of Marine reservists to the Twin Cities yesterday after their service in Iraq:"Reservists glad to be home after 7 months." The Star Tribune canvasses the presidential preference of the company:
President Bush may be taking some hits this week after Thursday's debate with Sen. John Kerry. But among the U.S. Marine reservists who returned to the Twin Cities on Saturday after a seven-month tour in Iraq, there was hardly any doubt about which candidate they favored.

"I don't think I've met anyone in this company who isn't going to go out and vote for Bush," said Sgt. Zachary Lamb, 28, as he held his son, Jackson, 3, who was clutching a U.S. flag. "They stand by the president 100 percent."

Lamb and about 75 other Marine Reservists were greeted with cheers, hugs and welcome-home signs Saturday from about 200 family members and friends at the Naval and Marine Corps Reserve Center near Fort Snelling.

Reader Jim Hoft points us to Chrenkoff's devastating post: "Polish president disses Democrat President wannabe." Chrenkoff translates the comments of Polish President Aleksander Kwasniewski (who happens to be an ex-communist) on the debate:

It's sad that a Senator with twenty years of experience does not appreciate Polish sacrifice...I don't think it's a question of ignorance. One thing has to be said very clearly: this Coalition is not just the United States, Great Britain and Australia, but there's also contribution of Polish, Ukrainian, Bulgarian and Spanish soldiers who died in Iraq. It's immoral to not see this involvement we undertook because we believe that we have to fight terrorism together, that we need to show international solidarity, that Saddam Hussein is a danger to the world.

From such a perspective, you can say we are disappointed that our stance and the sacrifice of our soldiers is so marginalised. I blame it on electioneering -- and a message, indirectly expressed by Senator Kerry - that he thinks more of a coalition that would put the United States together with France and Germany, that is those who in the matter of Iraq said "no."

President Bush is behaving like a true Texan gentleman -- he's fighting for the recognition of other countries' contribution in the Coalition.
Posted by The Big Trunk at 07:58 AM | Permalink | TrackBack (1)
leeinwv
PO3

PostPosted: Sun Oct 03, 2004 9:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great post
and God Bless our soldiers and our dear President.

God Bless the USA
Tacan70UDN
PO2

PostPosted: Sun Oct 03, 2004 9:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DenisC - Thanks for the great post. It seems every time we hear from the troops, they don't like Kerry. Just had an e-mail from an Air Force friend in Kuwait; he reports that Kerry has no friends in the service there. Let's hope the absentee military ballots all count on 2 November.Very Happy
GiveMeFreedom
PO3

PostPosted: Mon Oct 04, 2004 3:16 am    Post subject: Re: CHIN UP SAILORS!!! It is not over Reply with quote

DenisC wrote:
http://powerlineblog.com/archives/008043.php

Reader John MacHardy points out a remarkable Star Tribune story on the return of Marine reservists to the Twin Cities yesterday after their service in Iraq:"Reservists glad to be home after 7 months."

Does anyone know if this story has been sent to Major Garrett @ foxnews or Brit Hume or anyone else?

This and the part about the Polish president's diss on Kerry, is great news to get out in the media!
http://www.operationac.com
Support our Soldiers!!
wshhml
Ensign

PostPosted: Mon Oct 04, 2004 6:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bush has got so much working against him. All these corrupt, radical groups and their media allies. It's scary and the voter fraud situation in numerous states that the Republicans had better do something to STOP and PROSECUTE. It's great to read articles on support of the President and I read that on the Polish president's remarks. The media is always happy to report Bush getting dissed but this will be nowhere to be seen. Kerry's really doing great on diplomacy and allies, isn't he? I'm sure Iraq PM Allawi is a fan too.
Cali-HeyGirl
Seaman

PostPosted: Tue Oct 05, 2004 7:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just got an e-mail from my husband on deployment in the Persian Gulf....he just voted...and it was NOT for Kerry Laughing

OOH-YAH!
CrazyIvan
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Tue Oct 05, 2004 9:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cali-HeyGirl wrote:
Just got an e-mail from my husband on deployment in the Persian Gulf....he just voted...and it was NOT for Kerry Laughing

OOH-YAH!

Hopefully, his ballot and envelope fully conform with state rules for acceptable absentee ballots; otherwise Kerry will be challenging it, just like Gore did in Florida in 2000.
Ed McDowell
Former Member

PostPosted: Tue Oct 05, 2004 9:23 pm    Post subject: Watch the Votes for the Military Reply with quote

Everyone should be on the lookout that the [democrats] will try to have the miliatry votes from overseas not counted as they tried in Florida in 2000.

Admin note: Please refrain from disaparaging either political party.
Cali-HeyGirl
Seaman

PostPosted: Wed Oct 06, 2004 4:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

CrazyIvan wrote:
Cali-HeyGirl wrote:

OOH-YAH!

Hopefully, his ballot and envelope fully conform with state rules for acceptable absentee ballots; otherwise Kerry will be challenging it, just like Gore did in Florida in 2000.

His absentee ballot went to Florida...they sent it to him, so they better do a better, this time around.... Rolling Eyes

OOH-YAH!
nccjones
Ensign

PostPosted: Wed Oct 06, 2004 5:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I sent my absentee ballot in two weeks ago to Florida. I'm praying it is counted. Unfortunately, there is never any way to find out. I'm the Voting Assistance Officer in my command and I urge everyone to mail in their ballots as soon as they arrive. All Absentee's should arrive to their prospective states before the 16th of October to be counted properly.

I will tell you from an overseas aspect, that most are voting for Bush. There are a few here and there who are voting for Kerry.

God Bless America and our President who proudly serves her!
MichaelP
Ensign

PostPosted: Wed Oct 06, 2004 3:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think that this should be the fact to end all the dem's spin. After hearing this kerrycamp should give up. The comments like this from military people not knowing any one in the company who is not for Bush. And the fact that on the poll of people serving in the military.

THIS IS WHERE THE RUBBER MEETS THE ROAD FOLKS! Smile

The fact that the people who are there first hand been there are supporting Bush by a huge margin should make kerry sit and drink the Kool-Aid!!

God Bless all of you in Military past, present and future!!!

Michael
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: