SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Al Queda reveals its true intentions
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Swift Vets and POWs for Truth
View previous topic :: View next topic  
fortdixlover
Master Chief Petty Officer of the Navy

PostPosted: Sat May 29, 2004 11:42 am    Post subject: Al Queda reveals its true intentions Reply with quote

Al Queda reveals its true intentions: seeking state power through terrorism so they can blackmail the world. It doesn't get any clearer than this.

And the Left believes these are people we should "try to understand" so that they won't have motivation to "attack us."

Note Reuter's use of the word "militants." Militant in their terroristic murder of civilians, they mean to say.

http://www.reuters.com/newsArticle.jhtml?type=worldNews&storyID=5292842

Saudi Militants Kill Five Foreigners, Take Hostages
Sat May 29, 2004 06:17 AM ET

By Samia Nakhoul
RIYADH (Reuters) - Islamist militants stormed four expatriate compounds in the eastern Saudi city of Khobar on Saturday, killing five foreigners and taking an unspecified number of people hostage, security sources said.

A statement purportedly from Osama bin Laden's al Qaeda posted on Islamists Web sites claimed responsibility for the attacks. The group blamed for the Sept. 11 attacks in the United States has vowed to de-stabilize the U.S.-allied monarchy and world's leading oil exporter.

The attack, apparently targeting Saudi Arabia's oil industry, came two days after a top al Qaeda leader in Saudi Arabia issued a battle plan for an urban guerrilla war in the kingdom, specifying steps militants need to take to succeed in a campaign to topple the Saudi royal family.

It was the third attack against foreigners in less than a month in the world's leading oil exporter, birthplace of Islam and home to some of its most important sites.

Security sources said militants first opened fire at the Al-Khobar Petroleum Center building, believed to house offices of major Western oil companies, before storming into three compounds housing oil-services offices and residential homes of employees working there.

The militants, estimated at five, then went into the Rami and Oasis housing compounds, where the hostages were being held at the Oasis compound. Some employees working for the oil company Shell, Honeywell and General Electric lived in one of the compounds.
sparky
Former Member

PostPosted: Sat May 29, 2004 2:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

And everything's going by Bin Ladin's script. He couldn't have asked for more from Bush.
Keith
Lt.Jg.

PostPosted: Sat May 29, 2004 3:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

sparky wrote:
And everything's going by Bin Ladin's script. He couldn't have asked for more from Bush.

It would be helpful if we could all see the script too..... can you post a copy or link? Is that the same script where there would be no more terrorists if we would just stop picking on them?

If only we had stuck to the same reaction to the script that we had before, (you know, after the first World Trade Center attack, the USS Cole, Somalia, etc.), why those rascaly terrorists would have just left us alone by now.

I mean, heck, look how well World War II turned out. All we needed to do after Pearl Harbor was to say, "gee guys, we didn't realize we had wronged you and caused you to hate us enough to do this. We're sorry." And, just like that, the war was over. Rolling Eyes

Keith
sparky
Former Member

PostPosted: Sun May 30, 2004 6:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You sound like you really believe that Iraq had something to do with 9/11!

S-U-C-K-E-R
LewWaters
Admin

PostPosted: Sun May 30, 2004 7:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
You sound like you really believe that Iraq had something to do with 9/11!

Sparky, perhaps you could explain the reason there was a Boeing Airliner in Salman Pak, you know, the terrorist training camp discovered just outside of Bahgdad?

In fact, perhaps you could explain why the camp even existed in the first place.
sparky
Former Member

PostPosted: Sun May 30, 2004 7:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

S-U-C-K-E-R-S

You too, Lew? You believe that Saddam had something to do with 9/11? Sheesh, you guys should be ashamed of yourselves.

I just searched for "Boeing Airliner Salman Pak" at Google news. Guess what? One link and it's to NewsMax. In the "article" are the following ads like you'd find in the National Enquirer. It's like getting your news off highway billboards.

Renowned Cardiologist Slashes Cholesterol in Clinical Trial -- Amazing Breakthrough. Learn More.

Overwhelmed With Credit Card Debt? We Offer Unique & 100% Successful Process Of Debt Relief!

Bush's Secret Revenge! This Video Reveals the Opportunity of a Lifetime. Get 164 Times Richer...

Improve your memory, talk for hours without notes, recall names, routinely remember 40 digit numbers

I'm Betting on Iraq.

Married or Single: Get Athena Pheromones and get more romance.

Coupons, deals, online coupons, coupon codes and sales.

Bottled Appeal: Athena Pheromones get you more romantic attention. Scientifically-proven formulas for men and women.

Gardeners! Mantis Tiller/Cultivator – America’s Favorite Small Tiller. 20 pounds, all muscle! Request FREE Video Now!

Highest Quality Flags - USA Made Since 1847 - USA, State, International, Military, Historic Flags and More

Newsmax Readers: Free subscription to America's fastest growing investment newsletter ...

Start Your Day with Coffee and a Cigarette? Sound Insane? Well, maybe not...

You could be advertising on NewsMax - Click here!

Last edited by sparky on Sun May 30, 2004 7:06 am; edited 1 time in total
LewWaters
Admin

PostPosted: Sun May 30, 2004 7:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sparky, nevermind the cynicism. A simple explanation of Salman Pak will do.

Here is a link, just to refresh your memory;

http://www.pbs.org/wgbh/pages/frontline/shows/gunning/interviews/khodada.html
sparky
Former Member

PostPosted: Sun May 30, 2004 7:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That story has been discredited. So have the people promoting it, along with Ahmad Chalabi. The reputable and legitimate press (not NewsMax or Freeperland) has debunked it.

S-U-C-K-E-R-S!

Fresh off the press today:
http://www.newyorker.com/fact/content/?030512fa_fact

Almost immediately after September 11th, the I.N.C. began to publicize the stories of defectors who claimed that they had information connecting Iraq to the attacks. In an interview on October 14, 2001, conducted jointly by the Times and “Frontline,” the public-television program, Sabah Khodada, an Iraqi Army captain, said that the September 11th operation “was conducted by people who were trained by Saddam,” and that Iraq had a program to instruct terrorists in the art of hijacking. Another defector, who was identified only as a retired lieutenant general in the Iraqi intelligence service, said that in 2000 he witnessed Arab students being given lessons in hijacking on a Boeing 707 parked at an Iraqi training camp near the town of Salman Pak, south of Baghdad.

In separate interviews with me, however, a former C.I.A. station chief and a former military intelligence analyst said that the camp near Salman Pak had been built not for terrorism training but for counter-terrorism training. In the mid-eighties, Islamic terrorists were routinely hijacking aircraft. In 1986, an Iraqi airliner was seized by pro-Iranian extremists and crashed, after a hand grenade was triggered, killing at least sixty-five people. (At the time, Iran and Iraq were at war, and America favored Iraq.) Iraq then sought assistance from the West, and got what it wanted from Britain’s MI6. The C.I.A. offered similar training in counter-terrorism throughout the Middle East. “We were helping our allies everywhere we had a liaison,” the former station chief told me. Inspectors recalled seeing the body of an airplane—which appeared to be used for counter-terrorism training—when they visited a biological-weapons facility near Salman Pak in 1991, ten years before September 11th. It is, of course, possible for such a camp to be converted from one purpose to another. The former C.I.A. official noted, however, that terrorists would not practice on airplanes in the open. “That’s Hollywood rinky-dink stuff,” the former agent said. “They train in basements. You don’t need a real airplane to practice hijacking. The 9/11 terrorists went to gyms. But to take one back you have to practice on the real thing.”

Salman Pak was overrun by American troops on April 6th. Apparently, neither the camp nor the former biological facility has yielded evidence to substantiate the claims made before the war.

You're not one of the last holdouts still supporting Chalabi, are you Lew?
LewWaters
Admin

PostPosted: Sun May 30, 2004 8:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

First off, your "fresh off the presses today" article is over a year old, according to the link you provided, it was posted 2003-05-05.

Secondly, I don't trust articles with "anonymous" sources and "former" people who seem to know more than the people who were actually in such places. You can, if that fits your agenda.

Thirdly, the very article you partially quote is leaning so far left, it's about to fall over, but that's what I would expect from the New Yorker. The very first paragraph sets the tone as anti-Rumsfeld and therefore, anti-Bush and the war on terror. Hardly an objective source.

Fourthly, reading the partial bits you supplied would lead one to believe Saddam set up Salman Pak as a boy scout camp to protect the world from terrorist, claiming Saddam was actually training "counter-terrorists." Pardon me while I go laugh my ass off on that one, okay?

Fifthly, perhaps you missed it since you maybe you view only conservative news sources seeking something to denigrate, four days after your New Yorker article appeared, a judge in New York ruled that Saddam had indeed trained terrorists at Salman Pak and awarded a settlement of $104 million against Saddam and Osama Bin Ladin, for whatever good that does. Perhaps he hadn’t spoken to the same former and unnamed sources as Mr. Hersh did.

http://www.floydreport.com/view_article.php?lid=266

Sixthly, I don’t know Chalabi and could care less what he says. Your cries of "discredited" seem to only apply to those who wish it to be discredited.
Greenhat
LCDR

PostPosted: Sun May 30, 2004 1:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

sparky wrote:

Actually, it's pretty clear that he much preferred the Clinton doctrine. No retaliation, no cost, just sit there and take it.
Keith
Lt.Jg.

PostPosted: Sun May 30, 2004 4:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

sparky wrote:
S-U-C-K-E-R-S

You too, Lew? You believe that Saddam had something to do with 9/11? Sheesh, you guys should be ashamed of yourselves.

I just searched for "Boeing Airliner Salman Pak" at Google news. Guess what? One link and it's to NewsMax.

Salman Pak was overrun by American troops on April 6th. Apparently, neither the camp nor the former biological facility has yielded evidence to substantiate the claims made before the war.

http://www.wnd.com/news/article.asp?ARTICLE_ID=38685

Quote:
Posted: May 27, 2004
1:52 p.m. Eastern
© 2004 WorldNetDaily.com
Recently translated documents captured by U.S. forces provide new evidence of a direct link between Saddam Hussein's regime and the Sept. 11, 2001, terrorist attacks on the United States.

At the risk of more shouts of "SUCKER" and flames, here is a link to some photos that seem to provide credence to the PBS/NY Times interview you refer to. If you want to close your mind to alternate views, that's your right... but why not have a look and decide for yourself:

http://www.rushlimbaugh.com/home/cold/photos_prove_connection_between_iraq_and_al_qaeda_terrorists.guest.html

The source of the photo is Space Imaging, Inc.

Here's another source:

http://www.dailynewsbrief.com/news/archives/000092.php

Quote:
The Salman Pak terrorist training camp south of Baghdad has been captured and destroyed by coalition forces. U.S. Marines raided the complex using information from captured foreign fighters from Egypt, Sudan and other nations.

The infamous facility was defended by foreign nationals, and has been used to train hijackers to take over airplanes without guns or explosives (sound familiar?). A Boeing 707 was on site and used for terrorist training excersices. At least one defector has claimed that foreign nationals were being trained there prior to September 11.

Still not enough? How about this news item:

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0%2C2933%2C83367%2C00.html

Quote:
The rusted shell of an old passenger jet sat out in a field, its tail broken off. Good for hijacking practice, U.S. Marines speculated Sunday as they examined an Iraqi training base about 20 miles south of Baghdad.

So... apparently an airliner was found afterall... I won't call you names, but I would suggest you use better search terms when looking for info Very Happy

Keith
hist/student
Lieutenant

PostPosted: Sun May 30, 2004 4:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

retracted

Last edited by hist/student on Sat Jul 24, 2004 1:25 am; edited 1 time in total
sparky
Former Member

PostPosted: Sun May 30, 2004 6:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I can't believe you guys fell that crap, although it depends on your news source. Fox viewers are the biggest suckers. Amusing that this phenomenon is worthy of study.

When asked about various misperceptions, people responded largely based on their source for news. When people were asked if the U.S. had "clear evidence" that Saddam Hussein was "working closely with al Queda," similar results were found. Only 16% of NPR and PBS listeners/viewers believed that the U.S. has such evidence, while 67% of Fox News viewers were under that mistaken impression.

Overall, 80 percent of those who relied on Fox News as their primary news source believed at least one of the three misperceptions. Viewers/listeners/readers of other news outlets didn't even come close to this total.

In other words, in a poll measuring stupidity and ignorance, conservative news sources win hands down.

Check out PIPA.org, polling from the University of Maryland.http://www.pipa.org/about.html

http://www.pipa.org/OnlineReports/Iraq/Media_10_02_03_Report.pdf
Keith
Lt.Jg.

PostPosted: Sun May 30, 2004 7:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

sparky wrote:
I can't believe you guys fell that crap, although it depends on your news source. Fox viewers are the biggest suckers. Amusing that this phenomenon is worthy of study.

When asked about various misperceptions, people responded largely based on their source for news. When people were asked if the U.S. had "clear evidence" that Saddam Hussein was "working closely with al Queda," similar results were found. Only 16% of NPR and PBS listeners/viewers believed that the U.S. has such evidence, while 67% of Fox News viewers were under that mistaken impression.

Overall, 80 percent of those who relied on Fox News as their primary news source believed at least one of the three misperceptions. Viewers/listeners/readers of other news outlets didn't even come close to this total.

In other words, in a poll measuring stupidity and ignorance, conservative news sources win hands down.

Check out PIPA.org, polling from the University of Maryland.http://www.pipa.org/about.html

http://www.pipa.org/OnlineReports/Iraq/Media_10_02_03_Report.pdf

You know Sparky, you win... when it comes to stupidy and ignorance, you're the expert, so why bother arguing with you.

I posted news articles, not opinion pieces, and the best you can do is attack the source.... did you even bother to read them?

You have nothing original to add, can not site factual sources to refute others claims, basically, you add nothing to the discussion. Your favorite form of response is to attack the messenger.... reminds me of the tactics used by the DNC spinners Mad

Keith
Craig

PostPosted: Sun May 30, 2004 7:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

LewWaters wrote:
Sparky, nevermind the cynicism. A simple explanation of Salman Pak will do.

Here is a link, just to refresh your memory;

http://www.pbs.org/wgbh/pages/frontline/shows/gunning/interviews/khodada.html

One remark someone made about Salman Pak I thought interesting. Claim was that a jetliner would be necessary to train a team for counter-hijacking while one could train in a basement to do a hijacking.
Myself has thought both sides of issue folks who claim to know what it was for are full of it.
But it would make sense that if they wanted to train to do hijacking they would want to do it more out of sight than what was at Salman Pak.
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Swift Vets and POWs for Truth All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Page 1 of 7

Jump to: