SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

DNC to muzzle Teresa-Heinz-Kerry [Excerpt]

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Vets and Active Duty Military
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Cam Ranh '71
Ensign

PostPosted: Mon Oct 04, 2004 6:29 am    Post subject: DNC to muzzle Teresa-Heinz-Kerry [Excerpt] Reply with quote

Democratic Strategists Hiding Teresa Until Election?

The London Telegraph, reporting out of Miami, says that Democratic strategists have ordered Teresa Heinz Kerry to take a lower profile and only appear at small gatherings of the true believers until the election:

Democratic election advisers have ordered Teresa Heinz Kerry to adopt a lower profile in the final stages of the campaign by her husband, Senator John Kerry, for the White House because they fear that she may be alienating voters.

Mrs Heinz Kerry, who as the heiress to the Heinz fortune is one of the world's richest women, has been told to keep out of the spotlight because her outspoken and unpredictable manner is regarded as an electoral liability. ...

Mr Kerry drafted veterans of the Clinton White House, including the former press secretary Joe Lockhart, into his team last month to reinvigorate his campaign. They warned that his wife appeared to be costing him votes and have instructed Mrs Heinz Kerry - who was born in Africa to Portuguese parents - to confine herself to mostly low-key events with only small numbers of voters.

"Teresa simply does not come across well to the general public," said a female Democrat strategist. "Part of that is a suspicion of her foreign roots, I'm afraid. But it's also her manner that puts people off and that has been very frustrating. So now her job is to speak to specific and carefully-chosen groups rather than general campaigning."

I guess that Teresa didn't tell Joe Lockhart to "shove it" or call him a "*******" when he made that suggestion. As Philip Sherwell notes, apart from her silent appearance at the debate, she has only spoken to small groups of people in little-covered engagements while John Kerry heads to larger campaign rallies. Instead of introducing her husband after an opening speech -- which is how the events were structured earlier in the campaign -- Teresa now sticks to the small, humanitarian photo-ops that are likely to attract little attention and less controversy:

If true, what would she do if 1st Lady?

Do first Ladies matter?
"First Ladies need to be, well, ladies first".

Remember: "Thinking is the best way to travel!"
van15
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Mon Oct 04, 2004 7:19 pm    Post subject: Re: DNC to muzzle Teresa-Heinz-Kerry [Excerpt] Reply with quote

Cam Ranh '71 wrote:

"Teresa simply does not come across well to the general public," said a female Democrat strategist. "Part of that is a suspicion of her foreign roots, I'm afraid. But it's also her manner that puts people off and that has been very frustrating. So now her job is to speak to specific and carefully-chosen groups rather than general campaigning."

Her foreign roots have nothing to do with why I don't like her. It's the second part of that statement that is 100% correct.
BigAl533
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Tue Oct 05, 2004 3:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wasn't Mozambique a French colony?

This could explain a couple of things...

I reiterate that this is why forieners do not belong in the White House. The First Lady has no power, but everybody knows that if one has enough influence over someone with power, there is no difference between the two.

I wish she would go ahead and sound off. The First Amendment gives her the right to speak her mind. It would be great to see someone interview her on how the U.S. should combat terrorism.

Big Al
dennispro
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Tue Oct 05, 2004 2:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What about a "First Lady" debate? Laura Bush would chew her up without saying a single negative thing.... now THAT would be FUNNY Laughing

Essayons

Just lookin' for the truth... wherever that might take me.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Vets and Active Duty Military All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: