SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Attention Korean war vets

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Vets and Active Duty Military
View previous topic :: View next topic  
jalexson
PO3

PostPosted: Fri Oct 01, 2004 7:45 pm    Post subject: Attention Korean war vets Reply with quote

John Kerry implied last night that he wants the same fate for South Korea he once supported for South Vietnam.

Kerry: 'I want bilateral talks which put all of the issues, from the armistice of 1952, the economic issues, the human rights issues, the artillery disposal issues, the DMZ issues and the nuclear issues on the table."

In other words Kerry would be willing to end the armistice agreement with North Korea and allow North Korean troops to cross the DMZ in exchange for North Korea giving up nuclear weapons. I wonder if our South Korean allies will be willing to give up their freedom just so we won't have to worry about North Korean nuclear weapons.
"That awful power, the public opinion of a nation, is created in America by a horde of ignorant, self-complacent simpletons who failed at ditching and shoe making and fetched up in journalism on their way to the poor house."
-- Mark Twain
Navy_Navy_Navy
Admin

PostPosted: Fri Oct 01, 2004 8:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You know, if that alone doesn't set off huge red warning flares to everyone in the country, then we need to be afraid - very afraid.

We have to keep slugging right up through election day - I have little faith in our electorate.

We voted Clinton and his co-President into office TWICE and if not for the grace of God and foresight of the founding fathers in creating the electoral college, we'd have been stuck with algore the day the spit hit the fan. Rolling Eyes

Keep pointing out these things - Kerry IS scary!!!!
Rich
Ensign

PostPosted: Sat Oct 02, 2004 2:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

When Kerry said he wanted BiLateral talks with the NK commies, as opposed to Bushs insistance on Multi-national, I said "oh yeah"! I realize most of the diehard Liberals will not remember the Carter/Klinton/NK fiasco, and if they do they wont care, but many "in the middle" will and this will affect their vote.

I cant believe Kerry was "if I can qoute the princess" so "stupid". He would actually cater to NK and the deranged midget, as Carter/Klinton did, which gave NK the few years they needed to finish their bomb. We already tried buy peace on the Korean peninsula and got screwed and Kerry was actually this dumb to even suggest trying to do it again? I think it was his biggest blunder of the night, to bad Bush didnt pounce.

Oh well, maybe next debate..............Rich
GM Strong
Master Chief Petty Officer of the Navy

PostPosted: Sat Oct 02, 2004 4:46 pm    Post subject: Korea Reply with quote

It never got much attention, but in 1968-69, there was plenty of activity by N Korea. We always knew something was up at the DMZ when K-2 Air Base scrambled and those F-4s went screaming over, usually at night. In March of '69 the N Koreans infiltrated 31 sappers at Pohang about 50 miles East of us. ROKs finally accounted for them by capturing one and sending the others to their ancestral glory. Kim Il Sung was in charge then. His son Kim Jong (mentally) Il is worse. Mr. Kerry could use a history lesson. The Armistice was in 1953 and we still have 35,000 troops deployed 50 years later. The N Korean regime is dangerous and unpredictable. Talk does not show them anything. The only thing they uderstand is a show overwhelming force. That's just the way it is.
BuffaloJack

PostPosted: Mon Oct 04, 2004 4:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rich
Ensign

PostPosted: Mon Oct 04, 2004 8:37 pm    Post subject: Re: Korea Reply with quote

GM Strong wrote:
It never got much attention, but in 1968-69, there was plenty of activity by N Korea. We always knew something was up at the DMZ when K-2 Air Base scrambled and those F-4s went screaming over, usually at night. In March of '69 the N Koreans infiltrated 31 sappers at Pohang about 50 miles East of us. ROKs finally accounted for them by capturing one and sending the others to their ancestral glory. Kim Il Sung was in charge then. His son Kim Jong (mentally) Il is worse. Mr. Kerry could use a history lesson. The Armistice was in 1953 and we still have 35,000 troops deployed 50 years later. The N Korean regime is dangerous and unpredictable. Talk does not show them anything. The only thing they uderstand is a show overwhelming force. That's just the way it is.

Theres always 'something up" around the DMZ between the Koreas. We are technically in a state of war with NK and have been since the early 50s. Personaly I find it reprhensable that an American administration would allow that deranged midget to develope nuclear weapons and strategic delivery systems, and I mean the Klinton admin., along with their trained puppet Jimmy Carter.

What a terrible series of events. All easily solved by emptying one of our Ohio class SLBMs of their trident D-5 missiles. Alright maybe only about 1/2 the subs missile inventory would oblidurate NK and the madman running it. China would not commit suicide by retaliating against the US in support of a country that doesnt exist anymore. China has exactly 20 ICBMs, without MIRV BTW, capable of hitting America. They are a liqued fueled variety like our old Titans and take hours to ready for launch, which they cant hide from our Sat's. And they know that we know.

This is going to be changing in a few years. North Korea is going to be fielding an ICBM that will be able to reach about 1/2 the US mainland while China will be fielding a mobile system eventually capable of hitting anywhere in our country. Eventually they will figure out how to build a SLBM that works, no doubt by the end of the decade. The time will never be better to face down NK and if we have to attack them......................................Rich
GM Strong

PostPosted: Mon Oct 04, 2004 9:35 pm    Post subject: SDI Reply with quote

This is also why SDI is important. Thank God Ronoldus Magnus had the vision and perserverence.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Vets and Active Duty Military All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: